Teensy.co.uk warning! Fraud

gedensor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, last Sunday I purchased a sky 3ds card from teensy.co.uk. It was just stuck on processing and they are not answering my emails or fb messages. I checked my credit card statement and the worldpaything which they used to debit my credit card took a transaction out for £67.22 (they should of debited £64.99) but it wasn't actually worldpay it simply said HONGJIN SZ CHN. I rang up my credit card fraud line and they told me it was a shoe shop in China?? They are sending me a new credit card and reimbursing me the money.

I have purchased stuff in the past and it was ok hence why I went with them again!

Please let me know if you receive your order? I haven't and they won't answer my emails.

D

Deleted User

I see you're in the UK - was the 64.99 the listed price? Sometimes banks charge additional fees for curreny conversions. I would check with them first.

Though 99% of the "Us/UK" based sellers tend to sell their stock through China anyways.

gedensor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see you're in the UK - was the 64.99 the listed price? Sometimes banks charge additional fees for curreny conversions. I would check with them first.

This is the email I got from the credit card people who debited my account. It should of only been £64.99!! but noticed it does say they take more out, but just a heads up, it seems fraudulent if my statement says its a shoe shop in china. Just beware! Teensy are not fulfilling orders at the moment?

Is anyone else having issues with teensy?

Dear Customer,

Thank you for the order you placed on website www.teensy.co.uk. Your payment has been
successfully via payment.payitrust.com online payment system.
You can check the payment status via www.check-orderstatus.com

Payment details are shown as below:

Order number:
Transaction amount: GBP 64.99
Transaction date:
Shipping address:
Transaction description:
Note:
1. is the account that we registered with the bank.
2. Due to the foreign exchange rate difference of the bank, payment amount on your billing statement will be a bit different from the price on seller's website. You can contact the bank for more information.
3. Any questions, please click “contact us” or email to [email protected].

We appreciate your support and understanding.
This is an automatically generated email, please do not reply.
© Copyright payment.payitrust.com. 2007-2014 All Right Reserved.

D

Deleted User

That isn't fraudulent at all. Banks usually charge a percentage for currency conversions.

gedensor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3 posrts since 2007. LOL gedensor
PS I'm sorry for your loss.

Look, I just warning people. I don't go on this site, I only read it when I researched the sky3ds because I was buying one. These post is not aimed for you, it's for people who are thinking of buying from teensy to beware thats all.

gedensor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Though 99% of the "Us/UK" based sellers tend to sell their stock through China anyways.

Thanks, i does say the amount may be different. Does ring alarm bells that they are ignoring peoples orders tho.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
Sure, but it make me smile, not your payment issue but the counter.
It's bad policy to say you're in UK but bank account is chinese so the money are excanging menwhile.

gedensor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, but it make me smile, not your payment issue but the counter.
It's bad policy to say you're in UK but bank account is chinese so the money are excanging menwhile.

Yeh you are right. It explains the difference. But I'm going on what the credit card company say. If teensy got their act together and actually fulfilled paid orders and responded to emails people wouldn't be questioning them. If I do get a sky card you can bet your bottom dollar my post count will go up! haha

Reactions: eggsample

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a Gateway from them just after Christmas, it took a week to come. I'm sorry to hear what happened, maybe this is a recent development ?

D

Deleted-355425

Teensy should be a UK seller so the whole conversion rate extra charge is a moot argument, ive seen others say they have not had orders delivered since new year from them. try New3dscard.co.uk you can use paypal and that way its a bit safer, UK stock too.

OP , hope you get it sorted out man.

Reactions: gedensor

gedensor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a Gateway from them just after Christmas, it took a week to come. I'm sorry to hear what happened, maybe this is a recent development ?

Well i have had stuff from them before and it has been fine, delivered promptly. If you check their Facebook, its full of people complaining about items not being received but money taken. That set alarm bells ringing. Time will only tell! Don't know where to get the sky3ds card from now where I can trust :(

D

Deleted-355425

Well i have had stuff from them before and it has been fine, delivered promptly. If you check their Facebook, its full of people complaining about items not being received but money taken. That set alarm bells ringing. Time will only tell! Don't know where to get the sky3ds card from now where I can trust :(

read my post 2 comments up lol.

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is so silly.

You're buying something which is actually illegal in the uK.

When you get stuff from chinese based firms the amount charged is random but close to the advertised price due to currency fluctuations/bank charges

(btw your bank will probably add on a additional fixed charge of £1-£2)

Grow up gedensor - this is a murky world you're partaking in - stop claiming moral rights and stuff.

Your order will no doubt turn up within a month and in the mean-time you've alerted the authorities to another channel for these illegal cards which prevents others getting the cards

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
^Wat

If Sky3DS was illegal, wouldn't it be taken down?

Flashcarts are illegal in the UK - but I think you're allowed to sell them in other european countries and maybe even other parts of the British Isles (Isle of Man, Jersey etc?) - not sure how the very few uk domain name sellers operate.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This thread is so silly.

You're buying something which is actually illegal in the uK.

When you get stuff from chinese based firms the amount charged is random but close to the advertised price due to currency fluctuations/bank charges

(btw your bank will probably add on a additional fixed charge of £1-£2)

Grow up gedensor - this is a murky world you're partaking in - stop claiming moral rights and stuff.

Your order will no doubt turn up within a month and in the mean-time you've alerted the authorities to another channel for these illegal cards which prevents others getting the cards
sorry mate but one thing is to speak from the safe site and another to just be at the line loosing money , i bought a phone from china ,no reply nothing ,if i didnt open claim on 40th day i would have my money lost ,and item never came . you do seem to think that all the police work is to check about illegal cards as that is their only interest.. who is naive here?

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry mate but one thing is to speak from the safe site and another to just be at the line loosing money , i bought a phone from china ,no reply nothing ,if i didnt open claim on 40th day i would have my money lost ,and item never came . you do seem to think that all the police work is to check about illegal cards as that is their only interest.. who is naive here?

I'm just saying this guy expects John Lewis standards of service - you'll rarely get it in the 3ds flashcart world, at least in the UK. You've gotta expect a few weeks delivery and (slightly) innacurate charges - I've never been completely scammed but have got a few shitty products (batteries especially) - but they were cheap, and I accept the risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr