Hacking Teensy board question

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to buy this on ebay..The seller says as long as the hex file can go with it,it will work..so here is the description..let me know if this would be good with homebrew applications like psgroove and hermes..

Custom Teensy AVR Development Board AT90USB

Key Features:

* USB can be any type of device
* AVR processor, 8MHz
* Single pushbutton programming
* Easy to use Teensy Loader application
* Free software development tools
* Works with Mac OS X, Linux & Windows
* Tiny size, perfect for many projects
* Available with pins for solderless breadboard
* Very low cost & low cost shipping option

Going for 30$,is this ok for the ps3? tired of bad dongles..

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
I don't know much about Teensy Boards, but this might be important

"NOTE: THIS CHIP IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH FLIP SOFTWARE AND HAS 8Mhz OSCILLATOR INSTEAD OF 16Mhz. Make sure your HEX files are 8Mhz Compatible"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Teensy-AVR-Deve...#ht_1368wt_1139

Yea that's the same one I'm looking at,how do I find out the Mhz on the hex file?

update: I found this,now I'm new when it comes to dev boards,is this all I need for boot up?

Hermes updated his payload — now at version 2 — which reportedly fixes the control issues you’ll find in Street Fighter IV and F1 2010 — possibly other games too. Packed in the download are hex files for:

* at90usb162 (teensy)
* at90usb1287 (usbkey)

Expect other versions to follow. And if you have a working version of Hermes v2 for whatever device, feel free to share it with the rest of the world; email it to hacks @ ps3 dash hacks… you know the rest.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea. I just know that usually the little footnotes at the bottom of eBay listings are the reasons that the item is so cheap/unpopular in the first place. Notice how it's at the bottom of the page in small font
wink.gif

UnitGGChamp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arwing789 said:
I have no idea. I just know that usually the little footnotes at the bottom of eBay listings are the reasons that the item is so cheap/unpopular in the first place. Notice how it's at the bottom of the page in small font
wink.gif

yea I will wait to see if anyone can back this up,not sure if anyone on this forum is good to answer as all the threads do not consist of dev boards and just dongle questions..Thanks for the heads up..

NOTE: THIS CHIP IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH FLIP SOFTWARE AND HAS 8Mhz OSCILLATOR INSTEAD OF 16Mhz. Make sure your HEX files are 8Mhz Compatible

hope someone can answer this :/

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
zhuzhuchina said:
actually i advice to buy device with 32KB flash ...
bigger is better usually
biggrin.gif
Which of the USB pens like PS3Break (Atmega version), PS3Key, PS3Jailbreaker have 32KB flash? Is the PS3Key PSGroove compatible?

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you bought this cheap ass Teensy 1.0 knock off below, you got your money's worth and so did thousands of other people.
picture1rbv.png

Some people are getting ripped off though, because they are selling for $29.99 on ebay and ozmodchips is selling them for $54.99 today.

Here are the latest .hex for it. (could someone else please host this ?)
http://rydian.net/hosting/ps3/

This board has been put together by an amature individual and has LED's installed backwards. Your LED's will never work properly unless you unsolder them and reverse them in their place. In other words the polarity for the LED's is reversed from the manufacturer. The .hex files are exactly right and can not be altered to fix this problem as it is a hardware problem not a software problem.

This board will jailbreak your PS3 as-is after putting the proper .hex on it. The LED's do not effect it's ability to perform the JB.

Originator of the chip (PS2Chiper) can be found at http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65395

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChokeD said:
Some people are getting ripped off though, because they are selling for $29.99 on ebay and ozmodchips is selling them for $54.99 today.

so how much should it be? i paid 21 dollar at one site soo is that also a ripoff or a nice price?
tongue.gif

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nico445 said:
ChokeD said:

so how much should it be? i paid 21 dollar at one site soo is that also a ripoff or a nice price?
tongue.gif
Well depending on what you want it for....it COULD be a good price.

I however felt like I got ripped off.

I have other boards so I use them but My friend bought this through me and I felt like we got ripped off.

1.) It don't have enough mem to run the new asbestos hack
2.) If you ever want the LED''s to work you have to unsolder them and turn them around
3.) It IS NOT 2.0 like advertised it is 1.0
4.) No other .hex will work only the .hex that the maker is releasing on said thread.
5.) is that enough ?

So there you have it, depending on your expectations and future releases, do you feel you got your money worth ??

If so, well, good.

EDIT: by the way, you could have built your own for $5 USD.
respect

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i ordered it actually for a friend , i don't think he cares much about homebrew and such as long as he can play his ''backups''
tongue.gif
still thinking about getting a ps3 now, but i have a ipod 5g which can run some psgroove ports so i wouldn't probably need such a board
smile.gif

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChokeD said:
My advice, use your ipod until you can buy a true ATMEL dev board. I got a Teensy 2.0 that I use, but I have others also.
ok thx
smile.gif
, should i try to score a ps3 fat with a broken blueray laser or is that a bad idea?, don't want to spend too much on another console..

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nico445 said:
ChokeD said:
My advice, use your ipod until you can buy a true ATMEL dev board. I got a Teensy 2.0 that I use, but I have others also.
ok thx
smile.gif
, should i try to score a ps3 fat with a broken blueray laser or is that a bad idea?, don't want to spend too much on another console..
There are games that still don't work without a disc in the tray but use your best judgment with that. Try checking out compatibility lists and see what your options are. Myself personally, I would prefer the disc working but hey, to each their own.
smile.gif

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm yeah probably better to get a working one, still need to save up soo i hope there still will be alot of ps3's on 3.4.1 in a few months
tongue.gif
. thanks for the info
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...