1. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Unfunny

United States
    "Everything I don't like is Marxism"

2. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

United States
    I like the Green Peace narrative where they state that Capitalists are so bent on making money that they don't care if there is no Earth around tomorrow to spend it on. Funny stuff.

3. Seliph

Seliph Big Communism Builder

United States
    Alright which one of you necroposted on this awful thread

Plasmaster09 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  4. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Unfunny

United States
    It appears to have been our good old friend newtimp

Plasmaster09 and Seliph like this.
  5. Seliph

Seliph Big Communism Builder

United States
    Fantastic

Plasmaster09 and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  6. SG854

SG854 I Will Show You Paradise

Comoros
    He got suspended again. Dude can't stop getting suspended.

Scott_pilgrim and Seliph like this.
  7. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Unfunny

United States
    You would think he would've learned his lesson by now

Plasmaster09 likes this.
  8. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    So people in here dont want me to update the climate change thread with information that the ECB has now announced, that its mandate is now "price stability of the currency (EUR)" and "climate change" - because of a lesson I should have learned?

I was banned for a week for posting two videos laying out Jeff Bezos media strategy in India, stating, that he liked to associate with people who searched out the company of others because of status, namely actors with the ability to summon crowds of potential consumers, and literally put them into a frenzy.

The lesson I should have learned from that was to "accept authority", according to people who badmouthed me in the discord for complaining.

People in this thread draged me through the mud, for please read it up -

- helping people out here in detail on how climate models are created
    - always speaking up against the notion that climate change was a hoax
    - posting that the ECB has now conjured up a mandate to print money for climate change

and they did it, because they cant fathom to live in a world, where a thread with a topic title like this is allowed to exist. Even if I didnt create it. The mere reason, that I updated it with current developments on the issue (which by the way will not go away) - to them is a thought crime.

Something is wrong here - and its not the thread title, which by now is refuted about five times, by facts posted in here. (Its not the children, that are doing stuff, ...)

Last edited by notimp, Feb 14, 2021
  9. wonkeytonk

wonkeytonk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Overpopulation generates all sorts of problems, not just climate change. So this must be a good thing.

10. notrea11y

notrea11y GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Obviously.
    If half the women were against children completly, that'd help tremendously.

Just imagine:
    If you have children now, what world will they even grow up in ?
    Irresponsible.

Also: Adoption is a (though to realise, but still) thing.

It's not enough, but if it can be used as "Posterchild" of sorts if it proves to be successful

Last edited by notrea11y, Feb 14, 2021
    Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  11. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Our daily dose of climate propaganda - here in Austria. Snapshot, of the front page of diepresse.com (one fo the two 'quality' dailys in the country (the conservative one)).

[​IMG]
    src: https://www.diepresse.com/

Headline article:
    Climatekiller owning your own home? "An example of communist paternalistic politics."
    Says one of the Local politicians in a region - here is his fight against the 'PR-focused' winners of the energy transition.

Directly followed by:
    Who needs to own their own home? A commentary.

Directly followed by:
    Owning your own home, as the 'enemy image' of the green party.

Top right - "The people who have fallen through the (social) mesh of society are congregating on Servus TV" (TV station entirely financed by the owner of Red Bull.) A commentary.

Right - "Corona humor is creating community in isolation" (Image: Little Red Riding Hood is getting a ticket for having visited grandma.)

I HATE THE WORLD I'M LIVING IN.

Media manipulates through agenda setting.

(In addition, the Munich Security conference (thats ongoing as we speak) is a bunch of liars - holding motivational speeches teaching people the onethink needed for the next 50 years, they all know that they lie (I can tell) - that also doesnt help.

(edit: WHO now has an advisory group on behavioral science. Please shoot me.)

edit: Bill Gates was the only one (that I cought so far) that didnt lie outright, but sidetracked his answers. At least he doesnt treat his audience as the morons they are seen as.).

Need emotional support right about - now.

Last edited by notimp, Mar 2, 2021
  12. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Naomi Klein (now professor Naomi Klein) - is trying to simplify some stuff again.

Issue - part of her argument doesnt reflect reality.

I think this is a good time to point out that -

This:

This:
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveke...hunberg-merkel-backs-decarbonization-by-2050/

and this exists at the same time:
    https://neftegazru.com/news/politic...d-merkel-s-position-on-nord-stream-2-project/

For the last point I needed the quotes, and they are flipping hard to find, so I resorted to a russian news source.. ;)

Basically:

Germanys reliance on natural gas as an energy source will increase short term, even though energy transition is still the long term goal. Also hydrogen generation - out of natural gas with carbon capture - still is not out of the question, or out of the picture. (There are additional questions around how reliable carbon capture and storage is.)

So now you know more than the professor. ;) (Ok, just Naomi Klein, but still.. ;) )

Last edited by notimp, Feb 22, 2021
  13. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
  14. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Promised an update on Mazzucato on the outlook front - here it is:

(The interviewer is a dumbnut. She is a little 'too radical' in the ideaspace, but that thinking is getting traction.)

In terms of investment scope - she agrees with the 'not enough' notion, that many activists currently have - but its all gaining shape.

Biden Speech on the topic (3 Trillion dollar investment in infrastructure and future technologies (investment pegged to infrastructure (retrofitting), climate and digitization) in the US.):

Last edited by notimp, Apr 2, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - climate, promise, change