Teens charged in 7-year-old sister's death

TGBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A 7-year-old's sister and her boyfriend were charged Tuesday with child abuse resulting in death after the two beat and kicked the Colorado girl to death as they were acting out fights from Mortal Kombat, according to arrest affidavits.

Heather Trujillo, 16, and her boyfriend, Lamar Roberts, 17, of Westminster, are being held on $100,000 bond.

Zoe died on Dec. 6 from blunt force trauma to her brain and central nervous system. According to the Weld County Coroner her right wrist was broken, her body had more than 20 bruises, her neck muscles were bleeding and skin near her tongue had been torn.

Source

I feel sorry for the family
frown.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard about this on the news... Bad publicity for games!! There is a reason why its M rated, whats a 16 year old doing playing that? Even then, if your 16 and you think its ok to beat the crap out of someone (im pretty sure it lasted a while, and knew they were doing something wrong with all the damage to the young girl) then you deserve to be locked up. For how long, I am not sure...

i feel bad for the family though, losing a family member, and having one of your own family do it
frown.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This isn't the only time "Mortal Kombat killed some one."

I remember hearing about 2 kids reinacting Mortal Kombat, and one kid stabbed the other - killing him.

Some people are just stupid.
Poor little girl
frown.gif

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I remember hearing about 2 kids reinacting Mortal Kombat, and one kid stabbed the other - killing him.

Poor little girl
frown.gif
Mortal Kombat didn't kill this girl. Stupid people killed this girl. Please don't let the game be a scapegoat for how incredibly stupid some people can be

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Poor little girl
frown.gif

Mortal Kombat didn't kill this girl. Stupid people killed this girl. Please don't let the game be a scapegoat for how incredibly stupid some people can be

I think he was being sarcastic
unsure.gif

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Poor little girl
frown.gif

I think he was being sarcastic
unsure.gif
I was talking to everyone all together =P

nileyg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People still use "Mortal Kombat" as an excuse for killing someone?

Investigator: Why did you do it?
Murderer: I saw it in Mortal Kombat, and I just thought I would show them what the move looked like...
Investigator: ...and you didn't realize that it would hurt them?
Murderer: No *tear* It only did 10% damage i the game *sob*

Who does that?

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is another bullshit story in which an act of violence occured and either the suspects or the police linked it to video games. Isn't it possible that those two little bastards were just fucked up in the head? I mean, if they were only "playing" as they said, wouldn't they have realized that they were seriously hurting that child? I mean come on people. Play is play but that was a good old fashioned murder by two tards who refuse to blame themselves for what they did. Jack Thompson is going to have an orgasm when he hears about this one, and I would imagine he already has.

Edit: Sorry for my language here but I feel very strongly about this issue.

- Fitzy

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
the annoying thing is I bet these little punks know it's an excellent scape goat.
they know jack thompson etc is waiting for an opportunity like this.

god damn useless parents..

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
At least, they play Mortal Combat..., not Man hunt...

and in the news...He said, He was drunk...Why the hell that everyone are focus on game???

I'm 16 and I don't feel like to hurt someone....My best friend sometimes, but it is friendly kick
rofl2.gif

GrayFox Cap

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I saw this on the news the other day and merely giggled when the reporter said "Mortal Kombat". What is this? The 1990s? Uhh, yesteryear called, they want their video game scapegoats back.

That aside, it's a very sad story. Stupid people with the ability to do stupid things.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait...I'm really lost here.

Imitating fights from Mortal Kombat? what is so specific about that game that doing it could be constituted as from that game? Anyone know what I'm saying?

Like, were they imitating Scorpions spear throw, or maybe Milena's teleport kick? Maybe they were trying to do Jax's headpound?

To me, it just sounds like they kicked the shit outta some girl. A true tragedy and a big fuck you to the sensationalist news.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Poor little girl
frown.gif

ding ding ding we have a winner

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
God. stories like me make me die a little inside.

At that age you know whats right and wrong, even if you had a shitty childhood, or bad parents, if you've been educated by school or anyone, you are responsible.

Sometimes i wish people who do such atrocious things would get the death penalty.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ask myself what the hell is wrong with these people?
He was drunk, i'm sure the sister was too, damn the sister is going to have extreme post depression in prison.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all