TeenNick: The 90's are All That

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Helpful Corn, Nov 17, 2011.

Nov 17, 2011
  1. Helpful Corn
    OP

Member Helpful Corn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    TeenNick airs a 2 hour late night block with All That, Keenen & Kel, Hey Dude, and Doug. They repeat it once totaling 4 hours of air time. I find myself wishing that they would air 8 different shows rather than 4 twice. The programing block used to include Clarissa Explains it all which was thankfully replaced with Hey Dude, not that Clarissa is bad but b/c Hey Dude is one of my personal favorites. What shows from 90's Nick would you like to see included in this block if it was extended to 8 shows? for me it would be the iconic Pete & Pete, Salute Your Shorts, Welcome Freshman, and Nick Arcade.

2. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I never watched Hey, Dude or Clarissa Explains It All so I can't really judge those. I did love Keenan & Kel and All That, and I just kind of tolerated Doug. I mean, it wasn't great, but it was still better than Hey Arnold.

As for the rest, I haven't watched them as well, though I've heard great things about Pete & Pete.

3. emugirl1994

Newcomer emugirl1994 Advanced Member

United States
    I was born in the 90s so my memory of shows from that era aren't all that great. But what I do know for sure are shows like Rugrats, Aaaah Real Monsters!, and Kablam were all from the 90s. I wish those shows aired again.

4. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I'll take the 70's over the 90's, thanks. (yeah, I'm that old)

5. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    The 90's was god tier for almost everything entertainment-wise, good video games, good western cartoons, good anime, good movies.

Ren & Stimpy=win

6. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    90's indeed had the best youth television shows.

To bad those days are over );

7. JonnyPoots

Member JonnyPoots GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Roundhouse - If memory serves me right, it was the pre All That sketch comedy show with dance numbers, I remember they used this one move that I almost broke myself trying: hold one foot in your hand in front of you, making a 4 shape, then jump through the 4-hole without letting go of your foot.
    trying that today would result in nice, nostalgic, face-plant

8. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Batman & Robin, Steel, Rob Liefeld, Hey Arnold, Bubsy 3D, Vanilla Ice, etc. would like to have a word with you.

9. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Okay, even if I do prefer the 70's, I'll play .... Space Ghost, Coast to Coast & MST3K were both fantastic. But to really get most of the humor in those shows, you had to at least be in your mid-20's by the start of the 90's, which is probably why I like them so much. All Hail Brak!

10. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Hey Arnold was ok, I agree with you the rest especially Bubsy 3D, however a few shitty titles are expected in the pile of gems the 90's offered.

11. SuperMarioMaster

Member SuperMarioMaster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Rocko's Modern Life. That is all.

12. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    yeah 90s but cartoons are still good these days not counting MY LITTLE PONYS cause that show features too much male bashing. And yes I've watched every single episode.

13. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    I didn't watch TeenNick because I thought I would get in trouble for watching something above my age rating. Sadly, I cannot even bring forth waves of nostalgia regarding anything in that segment.