Teen behind Microsoft and Sony DDOS hacks sentenced to 2 years in jail

_95778297_hacker2.jpg

Adam Mudd, the person behind multiple security breaches and hacks against companies such Sony, Microsoft, Runescape, and more, has just been sentenced to two years in jail by a UK judge. Mudd, age 20, was responsible for creating "Titanium Stresser", a program that was able to send denial of service attacks to countless vulnerable websites. 181 IP addresses were affected from 594 attacks by Mudd, who then sold the program for £386k, allowing for hackers to wreak havoc upon more than 660k IP addresses. He then carried out attacks on Sony and Microsoft servers, taking online capabilities down for hours at a time. Mudd's defense claimed that there was no ill intent, and Mudd only did the previously stated crimes for attention. Judge Micheal Topolski, however, ruled that Mudd has clear knowledge of the repercussions of his dealings, stating ""I'm entirely satisfied that you knew full well and understood completely this was not a game for fun. I have a duty to the public who are worried about this, threatened by this, damaged by this all the time," and sentenced him to 2 years in a correctional facility.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

This reminds me of those dark times when Paladins servers were DDoSed and no one could play for 2h.
Good thing that skiddo is in jail now.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I would luv to be the fly on the wall in his pad!!! I bet his arse will see some action with shaving gel up it over the 2 years more like 12 months anyway! ooh! :O I bet he will be begging for his life into 2 months of his sentence..

Last edited by Reecey,

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would luv to be the fly on the wall in his pad!!! I bet his arse will see some action with shaving gel up it over the 2 years more like 12 months anyway! ooh! :O I bet he will be begging for his life into 2 months of his sentence..
Your not missing much he's probably in somewhere like Pentonville where the only thing he has to fear is small meals crappy bedding and the boredom of a 23 hour lockdown.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Your not missing much he's probably in somewhere like Pentonville where the only thing he has to fear is small meals crappy bedding and the boredom of a 23 hour lockdown.
Edit: sorry I have never ever heard of Pentonville prison? I thought for a minute that was US then. Is it quite soft there? the prisons I mean.

Last edited by Reecey,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it not still pretty grim there? seen as though its London borough.
Not really with 23 hour lockdown the worst in there is a few cockroaches or a cell mate that wont shut up its no holiday but there's probably worse hotels out there and people living in worse conditions in the third world.
that being said he could have landed or end up in another nick and could be messed up on spice before hes out.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really with 23 hour lockdown the worst in there is a few cockroaches or a cell mate that wont shut up its no holiday but there's probably worse hotels out there and people living in worse conditions in the third world.
that being said he could have landed or end up in another nick and could be messed up on spice before hes out.
Yeah I have heard about all that!!! its really shitty thing to do man! I have heard that inmates are giving roll ups to new arrivals and telling them its just a normal burn and they are really getting smashed on this mamba without knowing it and they find it amusing to see them throwing up and rolling around on the floor and very confused with themselves.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Yeah I have heard about all that!!! its really shitty thing to do man! I have heard that inmates are giving roll ups to new arrivals and telling them its just a normal burn and they are really getting smashed on this mamba without knowing it and they find it amusing to see them throwing up and rolling around on the floor and very confused with themselves.
Roll ups?

They probably do that because it's the only "fun" activity they can think of.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Yeah its true! I suppose it gives them a buzz to think they are controlling that new inmate and others see it as being something cool!
I'm usually in control of my mood but if I ended up in a prison for whatever reason, I'd rather try to defend myself even if it meant dying than become someone's toy.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So did he go to jail because he sell the hacking progarm or because he mess with those Big Guy?

He went to jail because they have only had a few arrests for DDOS attacks and they need to show they are serious. If he hadn't made 300k out of it then he may have been able to stay out of prison.

He should've gotten more jail time, just to make an example

You would be happy to spend two years in prison?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
He went to jail because they have only had a few arrests for DDOS attacks and they need to show they are serious. If he hadn't made 300k out of it then he may have been able to stay out of prison.

You would be happy to spend two years in prison?

Two years isn't jack compared to what other people get for less severe crimes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Possession of what? You would need to have a lot more than a few deals to get 2 years in the UK unless it's a firearms offence.

Illegal substances.. What else?

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.