Hardware Technician said my switch is bricked but I wanna make sure by asking here.

Leonature26

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Bought my switch in 2017, hacked it with atmosphere CFW in 2018 and was working fine until yesterday. I left it (15%)charging via a samsung usb-c but later found out it wasn't on and my switch lost its battery. Until then I wasn't able to open it, TegraRcm isn't detecting it when I turn it on even after charging it overnight. I troubleshooted it with everything I can find in google with no luck. Took it to a repair shop and he said all the "IC" are working, the charging port is consuming voltage and battery has no issue. The problem he said was no display, it was a behaviour of a bricked device. Does anyone know a similar situation in which they recovered a supposed "bricked" switch? I'll probably leave it charging for a long while in hopes that it will magically turn on someday :wacko:

TLDR: Can't turn on switch, TegraRcm not detecting, all IC and battery are working but no display.
Update: My switch wasn't bricked. When I got it back from tech guy it was probably bricked so I went home all sad. Tried a last ditch effort and I remembered the front usb ports of my PC don't work well with data transfer so I tried the back and voila TegraRcm turned green! I'm glad I didn't believe that guy, he seemed not to know much about the switch hacking scene.

Last edited by Leonature26,

Leonature26

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Yes I did try to charge it in the dock, at first it was turning green for 1 second but after troubleshooting it with what I find in google the dock won't light anymore. Repair guy was citing that CFW is more likely to brick your switch but I read somewhere that it was actually hard to brick your switch if you do things right?
He was also citing several causes
-overheating gpu (room and switch was cool when I left it so I doubt it)
-shorted components (was working fine at 15% last i saw it)
-charger voltage malfunction (this one i think is most likely because it only happened when I used this new charger but the wall socket wasn't on so IDK anymore)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Welp I'm off to best buy because I figured out how to shove another 14tb hard drive in this server 😂