Hacking Technical hurdles/steps to getting Youtube channel working again.

Donjuan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the problems that need to be overcome to getting the YouTube channel working as it was before shut off?

A new SSL certificate?

The limited Youtube functionality on WiiMC that some people got working is sending the videos from https to http? What is the reason for that?

Can anyone else name any other huddles?

I'm not not even sure how to get started looking at the code. Any pointers?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
You'll likely be better off just getting some cheap Android box, Roku etc. if you want things like Youtube.

Not ideal but it's the best alternative I can think of.

Donjuan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few people are obviously in the wrong forum, this is the hacks forum, not the do nothing go buy another device forum

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few people are obviously in the wrong forum, this is the hacks forum, not the do nothing go buy another device forum

No, you're bringing something up that was already discussed when the channel was shut down. If you don't like the answer... sorry. You're welcome to try to fix it yourself. Good luck!

Donjuan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're bringing something up that was already discussed when the channel was shut down. If you don't like the answer... sorry. You're welcome to try to fix it yourself. Good luck!
Your reply was "its dead" so with that really helpful response I will assume you know nothing.

Anyone else?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your reply was "its dead" so with that really helpful response I will assume you know nothing.

Anyone else?

Assume what you like and let us know how your efforts go. Others have already told you the same thing. :)

You mentioned looking at the code. Where would that come from? Google did not release the source to their proprietary channel.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assume what you like and let us know how your efforts go. Others have already told you the same thing. :)

You mentioned looking at the code. Where would that come from? Google did not release the source to their proprietary channel.
He actually mentioned that he hadn't even started looking at the code, and of course he probably never will

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉