Techland delays 'Dying Light 2 Stay Human' release

dying light.JPG

Developer Techland has announced today that their upcoming game, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, will be released at a later date. In a statement, Pawel Marchewka, CEO of Techland, said that the game is complete but during playtesting they have realized that they will need more time to polish and optimize it. You can read the full statement below:

New_release_date_statement.png

Dying Light 2 Stay Human has now a release date for February 4th, 2022.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Last edited by Prans,
Reactions: Xzi and Mama Looigi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Y'know? I'm at that point where I believe delays aren't as good as they sound... It just seems like most games that have been delayed still release with more bugs and issues than I'd like to think there should be. CP2077 set that standard, and I feel most games are following suit. :x

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
It must be a living hell developing this game when even the marketing can no longer cover up just how much of a mess this is coming across as.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still boggles my mind how a game that was scheduled to release damn near 6 months ago can still be delayed yet again. Did you even play your fucking game, check with development before setting the date or did some dumb shit in a suit sit there throwing a dart into a calender and go with whatever day it landed on. For fuck sakes the gaming industry is getting worse and worse.

Reactions: felix.200

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still boggles my mind how a game that was scheduled to release damn near 6 months ago can still be delayed yet again. Did you even play your fucking game, check with development before setting the date or did some dumb shit in a suit sit there throwing a dart into a calender and go with whatever day it landed on. For fuck sakes the gaming industry is getting worse and worse.
Id rather a game be delayed to fix things than rush it out to please impatient gamers and be forced for bug fixes or wait for them to eventually get round to fixing it.

But like craptivision with modern warfare, ps4pro not containing the game, forced to download warzone then all the modern warfare game files in packs, and its high resolution texture packs to have the enhanced performance for ps4 pro, but it keeps self deleting them when you launch warzone.

And craptivision provide 0 customer service, to the point if you're lucky to get a reply, its off an idiot that then goes off copy pasting off a PC FAQ, after you provided images of your ps4 pro console showing the packs installed and the total install size then a pic of the game disc and after booting the game showing it says the high resolution texture packs are not installec and your overall game install size has reduced upon booting warzone.

Then i get another idiot replying telling me to make sure firmware is upto date and the game is up to date (when the install screen shows its on the latest update).

Then i get another reply months later asking for a video of me showing my game disc and deleting the entire game from my console, inserting into my console installing the game disc and performing the update.

Then from there show a video of it downloading the high resolution texture packs from the in game menu and closing the game once installed and show them in the pack section that its installed, which again proved it I download while game is running it instantly deletes them.

So they reply ignoring it and asking for another video the same apart from doing the high resolution texture packs while the game is not running.

It then showed the high resolution texture packs as downloaded and installed, and again upon booting the game, the video showed proof that it again instantly deletes the high resolution texture packs upon booting warzone.

At this point I then requested a manager or else ill seek legal advice as the game disc advertises to be modern warfare, when it doesn't contain the modern warfare game files, it basically acts like a key to grant access to download the game, which is not stated on its packaging.

Also stated that it clearly advertises that it is enhanced for ps4 pro gamers in the form of downloading its high resolution texture packs, which the game itself doesn't allow as it constantly deletes these enhanced high resolution texture packs.

I get no reply for weeks, but then a confirmation email that it has been escalated to a senior texh manager who will respond.

Had no response again for nearly a month.

Then get an idiot in customer service ignoring i had been told a manager will respond, this idiot called Roger C, completely ignored everything that had been said and sent over.

His reply was sorry for the delay, while we know how frustrating this can be for you, rest assured I will assist you and resolve your issue today.

Then goes on to add

Please make sure you have enough disc space in order to download and install the high resolution texture packs......

And nothing else, later find the idiot closed my case as i got a customer survey questionnaire email.....

Im like, you have to be fucking kidding me. What kind of idiots do craptivision employ?

The video clearly shows the high resolution texture packs are already installed thus having enough disc space in order to download and isntall them.

But how stupid do they think we gamers are, try download content when we dont have enough space.

Obviously we are going to make sure we have disc space to install them.

So i reply again reminding them i was promised a manager to email me back, but still waiting for a reply (which i highly doubt will happen).

So yea, id rather a game be delayed to try fix it than crap it out and be riddled with bugs.

Reactions: agpixel

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like how they always say "the game is complete but...". Yeah if you need another 6 months then the game isn't complete.
I can see a path there if they want to save it for a better release window rather than risk competing against something bigger.
That said I will continue joining the cynics crowd.

Welp, looks like the industry has not learned a single goddamn thing from CP2077.
Was Cyperpunk even a particularly notable example in this trend? Depending upon how you want to look at it then it has been going on decades; can't begin to count the amount of bugfixes PAL games got when getting the usual 6 months later treatment, or PC games that were improved massively for their gold version (which you might have had to pay extra for no less).

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was Cyperpunk even a particularly notable example in this trend? Depending upon how you want to look at it then it has been going on decades; can't begin to count the amount of bugfixes PAL games got when getting the usual 6 months later treatment, or PC games that were improved massively for their gold version (which you might have had to pay extra for no less).

Considering that it was the biggest example in what would be the last decade of building up something so large in hype only to release so goddamn broken because of a locked roadmap that these games had to be released before/by the time of the next generation of consoles and the delays were just them trying their best to fix a broken mess that no matter how much you threw at would remain so due to the tight deadline. This wave of shit hit bigger than both FO76 and NMS combined. It should be a lesson that rushing a game to meet deadlines never works out when released.

The personal note to fans for announcing a delay just has an aura of CP2077 level disappointment around it. Its a warning flag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass