tearing hair :/

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by uimy, Sep 30, 2009.

Sep 30, 2009

tearing hair :/ by uimy at 4:21 AM (790 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. uimy
    OP

Newcomer uimy Advanced Member

United States
    Hey, I just used bannerbomb to install the homebrew channel and Bootmii which installed fine. I wanted to try some wads so I fired up the wad manger and was getting code dumps after trying to launch wads (didn't matter what they were), after which I restarted my Wii and found Operating System Files Corrupted please refer to the instruction manual. I rebooted yet again and my Wii now works fine, anyone ever heard of this? I don't think I did anything wrong, I've been reading for days. This problem just seems to have gone away, I just tried to install USB loader gx and it now gives me code dumps on startup, is there anything else I have to do to get it working? I'm using rev 600.

2. KiiNG

Member KiiNG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    "Try some wads" is never a good thing if you're not familiar with things. For what you seem to want to accomplish, if all you did was run HackMii to install HBC and BootMii, then you should search a bit more.. there's stickies with the information. You forgot a step or two in your softmod process.

Additionally, I don't use USB Loader GX, but I'm fairly certain that rev600 is rather old -- you should update it. The search button up top is your friend.

3. uimy
    OP

United States
    Yeah... I just found out I needed to install cIOS rev14. Then I installed cIOSCORP 3.4 seems to work ok haven't tested a backup yet, if I ever want to remove this stuff do I just run a newer update from Nintendo? EDIT: I can just delete the USB Loader GX channels that I installed through the wad manager correct?

4. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    ahah just hear about stuff and install it i see?

pretty brave, i suggest you read this before going on any further.

yes if you using wad manager 1.4 and up you can uninstall the wad you installed.

5. uimy
    OP

United States
    Well, someone on IRC told me cIOSCORP was pretty safe as long as my power didn't die in the process, these all required cIOS rev7+ so I had to install that. I've been reading the Noob starter guide but still had some questions. I didn't uninstall the wads via the wad manager, I did it through the Wii console settings :/ is that bad?

6. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    the ticket got left behind, its not bad just messy, you can still delete the ticket with any title deleter though.

7. uimy
    OP

United States
    Thanks, and you're right I went into this a little blindly it's amazing I didn't brick anything.
    EDIT: Heres what I've done so far, used bannerbomb + hackmii to install the homebrew channel and bootmii I then tried USB loader gx which wouldn't recognize my USB drive and preceded with installing cIOSCORP. Somewhere along the lines I got a System files are corrupt error which is gone now, would you attempt to reinstall stock and try again or just leave things be?