Hacking TeamXecuter's Official Status Update for 6.2 (12/2/18)

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked their forums and saw that longtime Team-Xecuter moderator "Game_Over" made an official statement this weekend regarding SX OS on Sunday 12/2/18.

Figured I'd share for all you SX OS users as I have yet to see this info posted here:

"Now for a bit of information about SX OS

As most of you have been wondering lately about the next SX OS update, there is still no ETA. I can tell you though, that it's getting close. Please remember our CFW contains features other products do not have, thus it may take longer to get everything working correctly and proper testing has to take place before a release can happen. If an issue is found in testing, then we have to go back and make changes, then enter the test phase again. We can not give release dates ahead of time because sometimes unexpected issues are placed in the way that need to be resolved.

Thanks everyone for your patience recently. We know how badly everyone wants this update. It will come when it is ready.

Thank you"

Source: https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/155661-Forums-Expectations

Last edited by ILLPLEASA,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need for an SX OS update right now, except for the users who were dumb enough to update to 6.2 without verifying that it's safe first.
Or MAYBE brand new users who just bought the dongle based on the "works on ALL firmwares statement..." and now come to find out it wont work on their very updated Switch xD

LordRahl72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or MAYBE brand new users who just bought the dongle based on the "works on ALL firmwares statement..." and now come to find out it wont work on their very updated Switch xD

Yeah, they really need to change that. Chances are good that every future update from Nintendo will break custom firmware and will need a new SXOS for compatibility.

But I guess technically speaking if after a month of a firmware update from Nintendo, SXOS comes out with an update that works on it then they are supporting all firmware.

Just not "day one" support.

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the 'TeamXecuter' who usually post about stuff that seems like a forum mod who just wants people to stop posting or whatever.

A quick search shows me that the person whom you speak of has been the mod on their official forums for 8 years now and he posts most of (if not all) the guides and stickied threads in said forums...

I wouldn’t doubt that he is also the one who posts the “Site News” updates as well....

Reactions: LysergCooltyp

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick search shows me that the person whom you speak of has been the mod on their official forums for 8 years now and he posts most of (if not all) the guides and stickied threads in said forums...

I wouldn’t doubt that he is also the one who posts the “Site News” updates as well....
He mentioned somewhere that the front news guy was out and he didn't have the privileged of homepage access.

I think they make their dedicated users and business partners moderators, they're not all necessarily part of the development team.

Reactions: ILLPLEASA

ILLPLEASA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He mentioned somewhere that the front news guy was out and he didn't have the privileged of homepage access.

I think they make their dedicated users and business partners moderators, they're not all necessarily part of the development team.

That’s understandable... I agree with you that the post has been made to combat an influx of new threads and to limit the potential of toxic posts due to lack of updates (prior to Sunday)...

With that said however, I do believe that he is in some kind of contact with those who can provide an update on the matter and is not just posting un-validated claims about progress on a mandated forum thread to all visitors...

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny they went from official "Releases" to "Beta Releases". They aren't fooling anyone by throwing Beta on every official release for their product, it's just a cop-out when real issues arise.

HEY THERE CUSTOMER I CONFIRMED YOUR ISSUE BUT REMEMBER THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE, NOT EVERYTHING WILL WORK AS ADVERTISED, HO-HUM!!

I guess Gateway just won't let some things die.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."