TeamJungle Helping TeamHades With PS3 BD Drive

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by CJL18, Aug 18, 2010.

Aug 18, 2010
  1. CJL18
    OP

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    As we mentioned here, here and here, TeamHades were working on the PS3’s BD Drive
    , they had managed to connect both fat and slim drives up to a PC and they also managed to find out how to grab the firmware
    of the drives, now it emerges, that the well known Xbox 360 DVD Drive circumventers TeamJungle, are helping TeamHades with their project, here is a translated quote from TeamHades blog:

As you read in the title of this entry, the TeamJungle is working in collaboration with the TeamHades in the Reader-DB Playstation3 undoubtedly good news for the community of DHorg and his followers.

c4eva is delighted to partner with our team and finally the ps3 reader fall.

For those who do not know the TeamJungle, I can only say that they are responsible for the hacks of the reader of the xbox360, as a result xbox360 users have for years been playing their backups.

btw i didnt write this, but if they somehow manage to crack this and we can play ps3 backups they will be known as the best HACKERS EVER!!

2. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    interesting... btw source

Edit: is this news confirmed?

3. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    This won't work. Surely these people know that there is a processing core dedicated to security, so flashing the drive will do nothing. Anyway, I won't be doing any of this, I want a hard disk-based solution like the USB loaders on the Wii but using the PS3's internal hard disk instead of an external one. Then I could install games from a retail disc and not worry about 25GB+ downloads.

4. CJL18
    OP

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

if anyone can do it TEAMJUNGLE can, and you wont see usb loaders for years most likey

5. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    If I'm not mistaken, the PS3 has already been out for over 3 years.

6. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Geohot is a fag.

i dunno, im kind of intrigued about this

7. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    GeoHot only wants open the world of homebrew to the PS3. But Sony is shit and only knows how to stop this awesome guy deleting the option to install Linux.

8. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Meh, I'm still firmly convinced that it was in Sony's plans a long time before that and that it was just a coincidence. Just look at the PS3Slim, they removed Linux support from that from the start.

I'd also like to remember everyone that the only proof of his "awesome" hacking skillz is a screenshot, which could've been probably 'shooped (like the iPhone 4 exploit which he admitted being photoshopped).

9. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    LittleBigPlanet is only 3GB, so what about all the other games? They can be trimmed down too supposedly and there are loads of multi-platform games that will only be a little bit bigger than 360 games.

10. t_jay17

Member t_jay17 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hopefully something does come from this.

11. dnniwa485

Member dnniwa485 GBAtemp Fan

hmmm.. still rumor though..

but who knows.. those 2 groups TJ and c4eva are awesome hacking groups that manage to decrypt and hack the xbox360's dvd drive.

12. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  13. CrashmanX

Member CrashmanX Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

United States
    What? Is it really? Thats some serious compression they've got going on there then. I've got BioShock for PC and that game is around 4GB and its not nearly as vast and awesome as LBP. I now question the size of some game for PS3, like how massive is Demon's Souls then, or rather, how small is it?

Also, are you talking about the downloadable PAL version of LBP? If so I'm not 100% sure it has everything that the disc based one does.

14. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Don't know whether the psn version is full or not, but even the rips on the net of it aren't too big. It's only around 9GB so not too bad. Demon souls is 9GB. There aren't that many that take up the full 25 or 50GB. Even metal gear with it's hours of movies is only 32GB.

15. HyperGamer

Newcomer HyperGamer Newbie

United States
    I do say good sir I think you should eat your hat.

16. djsika

Newcomer djsika Advanced Member

United Kingdom

You mean like the PsJailbreak [​IMG], expensive it may be but it works, for how long and to what limitations I'm unsure but I'm a wait for a home solution or cheaper clones.