CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
As we mentioned here, here and here, TeamHades were working on the PS3’s BD Drive
, they had managed to connect both fat and slim drives up to a PC and they also managed to find out how to grab the firmware
of the drives, now it emerges, that the well known Xbox 360 DVD Drive circumventers TeamJungle, are helping TeamHades with their project, here is a translated quote from TeamHades blog:

As you read in the title of this entry, the TeamJungle is working in collaboration with the TeamHades in the Reader-DB Playstation3 undoubtedly good news for the community of DHorg and his followers.

c4eva is delighted to partner with our team and finally the ps3 reader fall.

For those who do not know the TeamJungle, I can only say that they are responsible for the hacks of the reader of the xbox360, as a result xbox360 users have for years been playing their backups.

btw i didnt write this, but if they somehow manage to crack this and we can play ps3 backups they will be known as the best HACKERS EVER!!

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This won't work. Surely these people know that there is a processing core dedicated to security, so flashing the drive will do nothing. Anyway, I won't be doing any of this, I want a hard disk-based solution like the USB loaders on the Wii but using the PS3's internal hard disk instead of an external one. Then I could install games from a retail disc and not worry about 25GB+ downloads.

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Thoob said:
This won't work. Surely these people know that there is a processing core dedicated to security, so flashing the drive will do nothing. Anyway, I won't be doing any of this, I want a hard disk-based solution like the USB loaders on the Wii but using the PS3's internal hard disk instead of an external one. Then I could install games from a retail disc and not worry about 25GB+ downloads.

if anyone can do it TEAMJUNGLE can, and you wont see usb loaders for years most likey

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CJL18 said:
if anyone can do it TEAMJUNGLE can
That's what people said about Geohot.
QUOTE(CJL18 @ Aug 18 2010, 10:46 AM) you wont see usb loaders for years most likey
If I'm not mistaken, the PS3 has already been out for over 3 years.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Thoob said:
CJL18 said:
if anyone can do it TEAMJUNGLE can
That's what people said about Geohot.
QUOTE(CJL18 @ Aug 18 2010, 10:46 AM) you wont see usb loaders for years most likey
If I'm not mistaken, the PS3 has already been out for over 3 years.

GeoHot only wants open the world of homebrew to the PS3. But Sony is shit and only knows how to stop this awesome guy deleting the option to install Linux.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Juanmatron said:
GeoHot only wants open the world of homebrew to the PS3. But Sony is shit and only knows how to stop this awesome guy deleting the option to install Linux.
Meh, I'm still firmly convinced that it was in Sony's plans a long time before that and that it was just a coincidence. Just look at the PS3Slim, they removed Linux support from that from the start.

I'd also like to remember everyone that the only proof of his "awesome" hacking skillz is a screenshot, which could've been probably 'shooped (like the iPhone 4 exploit which he admitted being photoshopped).

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Thoob said:
LittleBigPlanet is only 3GB, so what about all the other games? They can be trimmed down too supposedly and there are loads of multi-platform games that will only be a little bit bigger than 360 games.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm.. still rumor though..

but who knows.. those 2 groups TJ and c4eva are awesome hacking groups that manage to decrypt and hack the xbox360's dvd drive.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
LittleBigPlanet is only 3GB, so what about all the other games? They can be trimmed down too supposedly and there are loads of multi-platform games that will only be a little bit bigger than 360 games.

What? Is it really? Thats some serious compression they've got going on there then. I've got BioShock for PC and that game is around 4GB and its not nearly as vast and awesome as LBP. I now question the size of some game for PS3, like how massive is Demon's Souls then, or rather, how small is it?

Also, are you talking about the downloadable PAL version of LBP? If so I'm not 100% sure it has everything that the disc based one does.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know whether the psn version is full or not, but even the rips on the net of it aren't too big. It's only around 9GB so not too bad. Demon souls is 9GB. There aren't that many that take up the full 25 or 50GB. Even metal gear with it's hours of movies is only 32GB.

djsika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thoob said:

You mean like the PsJailbreak
smile.gif
, expensive it may be but it works, for how long and to what limitations I'm unsure but I'm a wait for a home solution or cheaper clones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.