Team Xecuter's Gary Bowser ordered to pay $10,000,000 fine in civil case

k0Bb6AesS5-Jr1Q66F8-wd0iGuiT1aRvMpT0Msokn_o.jpg

Early last month, Team Xecuter's Gary Bowser pleaded guilty to charges of trafficking in circumvention devices and conspiracy to circumvent technological measures, resulting in a $4.5 million fine, destruction of property relating to Team Xecuter, and possible jail time. That plea deal was for his federal lawsuit, which is separate to the civil case filed against him by Nintendo of America. The final judgement for that suit came down today, hitting him with another $10 million fine, and ordering a permanent injunction against him from reactivating the Team Xecuter website or utilizing the SX OS, Gateway3DS, or similar brands in any way.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Honestly the "TX" brand is dead. But something else will most likely pop up.
TX is dead. They'll reappear under a different name with a new product just like they have been doing all this time. But the TX name and their products are dead.

Oh for sure, that's more or less what I wanted to say.
TX as brand sure might be over, but that hasn't stopped them to reappear under a different brand, like they did back in the Xbox 360 and Gateway days.
It's just a matter of time.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
what an ironic thing to say with a signature like yours :rofl:, or let me guess you want all your consoles to be able to emulate nes and snes, right?

Nintendo is well within it's rights to do this, what i'd like to know is how can there be 2 seperate cases by nintendo, but one federal and one civil for what seems to be the same offense? i'm not that well versed in (american) law but it seems silly
It's because the United States of America (NOT AMERICA) legislature have two different set of court: Penal, when a offense is against "The People" (the state, represented by the government) and the Civil, when a offense is against a person (legally or natural one). so Gary was accused about breaking the law of state and separately make a damage against Nintendo as corporate.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again a meaningless fine he'll just declare bankruptsy and won't owe nintendo anything classic case then again

Exceptions to Discharge

Certain types of debt can't be discharged in bankruptcy. If a creditor obtains a judgment against you for a nondischargeable obligation, filing for bankruptcy will not discharge that judgment. Some of the most common types of nondischargeable judgments include those related to or arising out of:

• domestic support obligations such as child support and alimony
  • criminal penalties, fines, and restitution
  • certain taxes
  • student loans
  • debts acquired by fraud, misrepresentation, or false pretenses
  • willful and malicious injury caused by the debtor, and
  • death or injury caused by the debtor's drunk driving.
https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/bankruptcy/lawsuit-judgments-discharged.html

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Dude will just declare bankruptcy and he'll be home free,as concerns the civil suit fine that is, coz he will still be in jail for the criminal bit.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Lol, 10 mil. how is he supposed to pay for that?
I would have probably just moved out of the country or end myself.

He did leave the country, actually. He was extradited from the Dominican Republic I think
Yeah he was (illegally) extradited from the Dominican republic. He was supposed to be held there for 24 hours but was in the US within 4 hours of being arrested. As for the money, I'm almost sure that Gary doesn't have that much. You'll see an update regarding an SX product soon. Interestingly in the Exhibit A document they say no one from TX is allowed to traffic in SX Tools which was a scrapped SX Product but has no mention of the apps which were salvaged from the idea and actually released. GG Nintendo you fucking mongs.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet someone is sitting on an exploit. I mean.. People are fixated on certain things being unattainable. However, people swore the Wii Mini wouldn't be hacked. That didn't last.

Well, it's been almost five years since Switch was released, not holding my breath. I've given up on that happening long ago.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's been almost five years since Switch was released, not holding my breath. I've given up on that happening long ago.
Like I said. I bet they're sitting on one, if not some. Either waiting for them to be patched, or as someone else said.. Waiting for the Switch's EOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise