Team Xecuter's Gary Bowser ordered to pay $10,000,000 fine in civil case

k0Bb6AesS5-Jr1Q66F8-wd0iGuiT1aRvMpT0Msokn_o.jpg

Early last month, Team Xecuter's Gary Bowser pleaded guilty to charges of trafficking in circumvention devices and conspiracy to circumvent technological measures, resulting in a $4.5 million fine, destruction of property relating to Team Xecuter, and possible jail time. That plea deal was for his federal lawsuit, which is separate to the civil case filed against him by Nintendo of America. The final judgement for that suit came down today, hitting him with another $10 million fine, and ordering a permanent injunction against him from reactivating the Team Xecuter website or utilizing the SX OS, Gateway3DS, or similar brands in any way.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I guess now TX is dead

Hard to believe.
They might be going underground for a while, until the whole situation eases up, but Gary was far from being the main person in charge of the TX operation.
The actual ones with the technical knowledge are still out there, and if money is involved, and they can work it out in a country that gives no shit about the corporate bullshit that is Japan and US, they might attempt it later at some point.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hard to believe.
They might be going underground for a while, until the whole situation eases up, but Gary was far from being the main person in charge of the TX operation.
The actual ones with the technical knowledge are still out there, and if money is involved, and they can work it out in a country that gives no shit about the corporate bullshit that is Japan and US, they might attempt it later at some point.
Honestly the "TX" brand is dead. But something else will most likely pop up.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
does this mean we will have to pay again for a whole new license for or existing hardware

or will the new rebranded thing be back compatible in terms of "updates" :unsure:
I honestly think it's dead. I suspect HWkey is them, but who knows. Most likely it won't be a new SXOS but just hardware if so.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hard to believe.
TX is dead. They'll reappear under a different name with a new product just like they have been doing all this time. But the TX name and their products are dead.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
10 million is BS. How the hell is going to pay that? Nintendo is being way too litigious as usual. I feel no remorse for downloading their ROMs, not gonna lie.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I get the frustration, but he should have known what he was getting himself into.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is another loss for the hacking world of consoles. I have used a few TX products over decades on different consoles.

Being good or bad for the open source hacking world it's always a loss with/without stolen exploits or whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1