Team Xecuter's Gary Bowser ordered to pay $10,000,000 fine in civil case

k0Bb6AesS5-Jr1Q66F8-wd0iGuiT1aRvMpT0Msokn_o.jpg

Early last month, Team Xecuter's Gary Bowser pleaded guilty to charges of trafficking in circumvention devices and conspiracy to circumvent technological measures, resulting in a $4.5 million fine, destruction of property relating to Team Xecuter, and possible jail time. That plea deal was for his federal lawsuit, which is separate to the civil case filed against him by Nintendo of America. The final judgement for that suit came down today, hitting him with another $10 million fine, and ordering a permanent injunction against him from reactivating the Team Xecuter website or utilizing the SX OS, Gateway3DS, or similar brands in any way.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He did leave the country, actually. He was extradited from the Dominican Republic I think
Oh. I'd thought Nintendo would hire him as no normal person has that kind of money laying around.

If they didn't want the Switch to be easily hacked or any future consoles, then this might've been a good solution.

Reactions: BrandonSWITCH

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I honestly don’t think the Big N is seeing any of that money and I am guessing that they are more doing this to send a message to not fuck with them. No company would legit believe this outcome would fully be paid out to them any time soon.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
His business was pretty similar to that of a drug dealer. He could make a lot of money fast, but it was pretty risky. As the saying goes, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Reactions: gamefan5

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I'd thought Nintendo would hire him as no normal person has that kind of money laying around.

If they didn't want the Switch to be easily hacked or any future consoles, then this might've been a good solution.
Gary is not a "hacker" he was just head of the marketing department

he was nobody really and this is just ridiculous he did not even benefit much from this I bet

Max Louran did

he(Gary) was just a low level employee

it's like going after a mob bosses secretary

Nintendo is just being retarded and the US court system is as retarded as it is corrupt

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Gary, bit of advice.
Move yourself over to the border, travel south to Mexico, then get a plane to Russia or China where this shit doesn't matter. ;)

Reactions: Redhorse

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, 10 mil. how is he supposed to pay for that?
I would have probably just moved out of the country or end myself.
Fk ending ones self over Nintendo.

I'll barely, if ever buy their stuff again since the online fee became a thing, Mario kart should at least be exempt from the charge. I hope Nintendo games end up on Xbox & PS like sega to be honest.

Some moron: "you'll be waiting a long time then"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: