Hacking Team Xecuter - What is that dongle?

rekuangelus26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well damn. That makes it all a lot less annoying, and I may need to get in line with the pleebs without a pre order. Thanks for the info. If anyone else can confirm I would appreciate it. Sorry not trying to troll you on that, just well....it's a forum you never know. I will go digging to see why this works before buying just to make sure it won't get patched or something in OS 2
uploading a video to youtube to show you im not lying rekuangelu26 is my youtube name i hope this puts youre doughts to rest

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well damn. That makes it all a lot less annoying, and I may need to get in line with the pleebs without a pre order. Thanks for the info. If anyone else can confirm I would appreciate it. Sorry not trying to troll you on that, just well....it's a forum you never know. I will go digging to see why this works before buying just to make sure it won't get patched or something in OS 2
uploaded a video to youtube sames as youre name here look me up for the truth

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
uploading a video to youtube to show you im not lying rekuangelu26 is my youtube name i hope this puts youre doughts to rest

uploaded a video to youtube sames as youre name here look me up for the truth

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 8.54.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 8.54.09 PM.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 139

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I watched the video. I think we are missing something here. You used 2 sd cards on the same switch. That doesn't mean you can take one of those sd cards and have it work in another switch. Unless I missed something because I did jump around. I thought the activation process pulled info on mac addresses or something so it was switch locked.

Again, thank you very much for making the video and trying to answer but...did I miss the two switches part?

rekuangelus26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I watched the video. I think we are missing something here. You used 2 sd cards on the same switch. That doesn't mean you can take one of those sd cards and have it work in another switch. Unless I missed something because I did jump around. I thought the activation process pulled info on mac addresses or something so it was switch locked.

Again, thank you very much for making the video and trying to answer but...did I miss the two switches part?
ok yes i used 2 diff sd cards to show you its not link to the switch its linked to the license.dat file i even removed the file to show you that if it was linked to the switch it would work with out the file but it doesnt soo i show you its linked to the files on sd card not the switch itself

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the dat file is linked to the switch right? So that dat file won't work for another switch.

What I am saying is that license won't work on any switch but the switch it was originally made for. Did you try it in another switch?

Sorry but TeamX is not only not saying what you are....they are specifically saying the opposite. So, I am trying to figure out who is right.

rekuangelus26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the dat file is linked to the switch right? So that dat file won't work for another switch.

What I am saying is that license won't work on any switch but the switch it was originally made for. Did you try it in another switch?

Sorry but TeamX is not only not saying what you are....they are specifically saying the opposite. So, I am trying to figure out who is right.
ive tried it mine to my cuz switch next im hes here ill make another vid what team excuter says its linked to the dongle end switch witch its not cause if it was it wouldnt work on different sd cards

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive tried it mine to my cuz switch next im hes here ill make another vid what team excuter says its linked to the dongle end switch witch its not cause if it was it wouldnt work on different sd cards

Not following your logic there but I hope you are right. I thought the DAT file was made using an activation process that pulled info from you switch and wrote it to the DAT. So when you launch their software it checks the DAT file and compares it to something specific to the switch (I am betting mac address). So you can put that DAT file on as many cards as you want, but the DAT file will only work on the switch it was made for.

Could be wrong, and I am hoping that is true.

Not following your logic there but I hope you are right. I thought the DAT file was made using an activation process that pulled info from you switch and wrote it to the DAT. So when you launch their software it checks the DAT file and compares it to something specific to the switch (I am betting mac address). So you can put that DAT file on as many cards as you want, but the DAT file will only work on the switch it was made for.

Could be wrong, and I am hoping that is true.

Oh and I think they changed the linked to Dongle thing because people were pissed. So the license and dongle are no longer linked, just the license and switch I believe.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't listen to this guy. The license.dat file is tied to one Switch's eMMC serial number. If you try to use it on another Switch it'll simply say that the license.dat file is not for that Switch. If you try to use your license code a second time it'll just download the same license.dat it was registered with initially.

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to this guy. The license.dat file is tied to one Switch's eMMC serial number. If you try to use it on another Switch it'll simply say that the license.dat file is not for that Switch. If you try to use your license code a second time it'll just download the same license.dat it was registered with initially.

Damn that is what I thought. Ah well thanks for the info. Was super confused...and slightly aroused for a second there.

You know the funny thing is I would totally support the idea of the license being tied to the dongle...or to a single switch. So if you got the dongle version it cost more but you could use that one dongle on multiple switches...almost like a family sharing idea. Then the drm on the software would just be to stop people from sharing on the web. I would totally support that.

rekuangelus26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so ive tried it it does work beleave what you like then but ive done it buy to os if you like lol no skin on my butt lol

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so ive tried it it does work beleave what you like then but ive done it buy to os if you like lol no skin on my butt lol

I hope it is true man. Too many conflicting stories on this and most of them say you are wrong, but I would love to see someone try it and put up a vid of it not working.

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is using two different sd cards on the same switch...so i'd say no this doesn't work at all. How dumb do u think TX are? If that was the case nobody but the first people to buy the OS would have needed to buy A license at all and we would all be downloading the same license file.

Last edited by link42586,
Reactions: shredrexx

uzi

Trophies
XP
Country
yea you are allowed to copy your dat file to other sd cards, but that dat file is only signed for that one Switch...

just cause you have it copied to another sd card doesnt mean it can be copied to other Switches... thus needing to buy os keys..

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is using two different sd cards on the same switch...so i'd say no this doesn't work at all. How dumb do u think TX are? If that was the case nobody but the first people to buy the OS would have needed to buy A license at all and we would all be downloading the same license file.

I totally agree. At first I thought he was using a Pro version and that the Pro got around the OS licensing. ie if you have a pro you can boot 2 systems 1 license. I thought that would make sense and was hoping it was possible. After watching the vid I just think he is way off base

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...