Hacking Team Xecuter - What is that dongle?

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Note that the dongle/CFW will suport software upgrade so I assume from PC.
They are basically selling a CFW with DRM...

That's nothing new.

If you want something free (as in speech and as in beer) wait for Atmosphere.

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds useless, then you can't buy a license for each Switch you have beyond 1 and just use a single dongle.

Think it is more about the license. If you buy just a license it seems to be just tied to a console. Pro is tied to license and dongle. From their site

"Q: Is SX OS tied to my console/dongle?
A:
Yes. In case of SX Pro the license is tied to your dongle and console. In case of SX Lite the license is tied to your license code and console."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You got me wondering now. Does that mean if you buy the pro...and lose the dongle...that you can't boot from a pc? Also can you never just replace the dongle? You would need to buy a new license and dongle? I am betting pc/android boot would still work, but no replacement dongle. You need to buy a new dongle and license. Ugh.

Ugh I hate drm

Last edited by Broksamson,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
got me wondering now. Does that mean if you buy the pro...and lose the dongle...that you can't boot from a pc? Also can you never just replace the dongle? You would need to buy a new license and dongle? I am betting pc/android boot would still work, but no replacement dongle. You need to buy a new dongle and license. Ugh.

Ugh I hate drm

No, that means, that if you loose the dongle your Switch would not turn on anymore - because as someone that also wants easy - you of course installed their tools. :) And only three weeks later (during which you asked people in this forum how to turn on your now semi brick Switch with a PC), when your new dongle arrives (if they dont get out of stock) your switch would boot, but not into CFW. :) Because of DRM.

Unless you file a "i have lost my dongle" support request with TX - or just fork over the 10 bucks for an additional new software license.

TX' the breakfast of champions. :)

Last edited by notimp,

rekuangelus26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think it is more about the license. If you buy just a license it seems to be just tied to a console. Pro is tied to license and dongle. From their site

"Q: Is SX OS tied to my console/dongle?
A:
Yes. In case of SX Pro the license is tied to your dongle and console. In case of SX Lite the license is tied to your license code and console."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You got me wondering now. Does that mean if you buy the pro...and lose the dongle...that you can't boot from a pc? Also can you never just replace the dongle? You would need to buy a new license and dongle? I am betting pc/android boot would still work, but no replacement dongle. You need to buy a new dongle and license. Ugh.

Ugh I hate drm
Ok to tell you how this all works here I'll tell you when you buy a dongle it works as a mini pic puts the license.dat file on the USB dongle how no idea if you can get that file off or not but when you just buy the license it puts that file on the micro sd card on the switch so if you copy the license.dat and boot.bin file to another micro sd card and use there payload.bin file to boot there cfw on another switch micro sd card it will work I've tryed it. So I think it's better just buy the is and use a pic or whatever saves you money

link42586

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the most intriguing thing is it doesn't need a battery and holds a charge...i got an m0 Trinket instead of all that money for their dongle, same job done but cheaper.

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok to tell you how this all works here I'll tell you when you buy a dongle it works as a mini pic puts the license.dat file on the USB dongle how no idea if you can get that file off or not but when you just buy the license it puts that file on the micro sd card on the switch so if you copy the license.dat and boot.bin file to another micro sd card and use there payload.bin file to boot there cfw on another switch micro sd card it will work I've tryed it. So I think it's better just buy the is and use a pic or whatever saves you money

Wait...so you can use it on two switches if they have the same sd card info?

rekuangelus26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait...so you can use it on two switches if they have the same sd card info?
yes ive tried it only works if you put the license.dat and boot.bin files on the root of any switch youre using this is how i added more games haves many sd cards cause without those files it told me i need a license but when i add those files to the sd card work fine

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes ive tried it only works if you put the license.dat and boot.bin files on the root of any switch youre using this is how i added more games haves many sd cards cause without those files it told me i need a license but when i add those files to the sd card work fine

That seems to go against what their FAQ says. Well now I am super confused.

rekuangelus26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems to go against what their FAQ says. Well now I am super confused.
its just with the os not the dongle it only works this way if you buy just os

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its just with the os not the dongle it only works this way if you buy just os

So I would still need to buy two OS license but one dongle is what you are saying, or will the dongle allow me to run the OS on two switches. Sorry just a confusing topic and trying to figure it all out. Info has changed a few times, so sorry if I am being an idiot here.

rekuangelus26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I would still need to buy two OS license but one dongle is what you are saying, or will the dongle allow me to run the OS on two switches. Sorry just a confusing topic and trying to figure it all out. Info has changed a few times, so sorry if I am being an idiot here.
no buy one license and use it on any switch i know they say you cant but the way i did it it works ive done it so i know it works

Broksamson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no buy one license and use it on any switch i know they say you cant but the way i did it it works ive done it so i know it works

Well damn. That makes it all a lot less annoying, and I may need to get in line with the pleebs without a pre order. Thanks for the info. If anyone else can confirm I would appreciate it. Sorry not trying to troll you on that, just well....it's a forum you never know. I will go digging to see why this works before buying just to make sure it won't get patched or something in OS 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.