Status
Not open for further replies.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replace parts I fuck up out of my own pocket, I've never had a solder job come back to me (exception of shitty reflows for friends with my dewalt). 30 days means nothing to me, its just a random number I threw out there for peace of mind. I have had work come back to me after the 30 day mark, I would just redo it for free (hinge repairs), but no, never a solder job. I dont like the extension of 6 months because its highly likely (do to the nature of this particular mod) to not actually fail from a solder job (at least not in my mind), but rather tweaking of voltages. kinda like how many distributors void warrants if you overclock a video card. I do like your questions
The professional company where I sent my equipment does hundreds per day, is way less than half the price (for the older consoles) and have a few months of warranty and they also even pay you a new console if they screw it, but never heard anyone on a forum from my country with a bad job from them...

I also inspected my console the first time and marked everything hidden, and it came right the same way as new and with a good soldering job and nice glue + the cable displacement was also great because on the case of the X360 J-tag even where you pass the cables can make the console to glitch if its close to some other components that interfere with it.

I will try soldering my self this time or buy the solderless solution, if I can't solder I will ship to them again and even make an insurance and I also talk with them and they make a insurance on the transport back to me, so if the shipping company loses it or damages they will have to pay the amount of money I put in the insurance which cost slightly more since is in my country.

And the thing is I trust way more a true company with website, phone and answers any question right away, than any random guy on any forum and that even ask for a huge price... (But hey, its just my opinion).

ps: Anyway I fixed my phone Sony Xperia Z2 with micro soldering and its working, so I don't think Switch will be any more micro than it already... Im still to solder is the 8GB chip on my Nokia N95 with a heat gun, but the crap cheap screen I bought had bad colors, so I just don't care anymore for it. And for opening my waterproof phone all it took was my moms professional high wattage hair dryer, didn't even need to mess up with the heat gun.

Last edited by guily6669,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh and for last, I had a completely broken PCB (but not separated, just cracked all over the place) of a sound amplifier and my father took it to a old friend which is one of the best from the island I live and the guy repaired it, I don't even know how the heck he repaired it, but he really said it was a very hard one since he had to go all over the cracks and fill some crap in a special way that I don't even know how he does it, but it worked, just needed to apply a bit of pressure on the PCB after repair, and not a single bit of solder was in it, nothing was scratched and re-soldered...

ps: And the best is I paid 0€ and he actually told it took few days of work to fill all the micro cracks under the magnifying glass or microscope... :(.

Last edited by guily6669,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my local friends I do it for free (the solderless solution if it needs opening) and the closest ones even get free MX-4 thermal compound and maybe some cooling mod improvements... I used to update X360 DVD reader FW for my friends 4 free and hack the Xbox original for free too or some phone\PC repairs. Never asked a single peny to any of my closest friends and with all the right tools and the warranty stickers untouched, still have mine saved somewhere around...

This week I just changed my friend's DS4 full case and he ordered the wrong one so I had to scratch, sand and use a lot of glue (my own), but turned pretty good even being the wrong case and I took no money too.

D

Deleted-368796

but that's what the patches are for
patches won't keep your bootloader keys from falling out if you flip your Switch upside down
I am providing a "future-proof" hardmod :yay:

maaannn I feel sassy today. What did she slip in my tea?...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I also inspected my console the first time and marked everything hidden, and it came right the same way as new and with a good soldering job and nice glue + the cable displacement was also great because on the case of the X360 J-tag even where you pass the cables can make the console to glitch if its close to some other components that interfere with it.

JTAG doesn't glitch the console.
Glitch chips glitch the console.

JTAG is simply a few wires and diodes close together on the JTAG port.
No fancy chip needed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Heres most of em! :D
Mainly for the heat gunView attachment 111276
Heat gun for screen/bezel removal, Kapton tape, Hakko tweezers, pry tools, wiha screwdrivers (these kick ass) View attachment 111278
Small components for repairsView attachment 111280
I'm constantly moving around, having a box makes life easyView attachment 111281

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hell yeah

Got a couple of links for the equipment you got?
Been looking to upgrade mine.

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
22s2mh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News