Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I just replied to say that I love your avatar and sub title .. Legends never die!

gamecaptor likes this.
  2. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Norway
    As long as they have the money (which they do) they will be able to pay for exploits and hackers (which they're doing), so basically no matter how you look at it TX wins yet again.

3. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Stop with the TX bashing. Nothing constructive to say scroll on simple

4. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    Great news, let's hope it's some kind of Sky3DS like solution which cannot be patched.

5. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    A bit half true about Atmosphere. The primary purpose of that CFW wasn't for piracy, but to disable signature checks that prevent unlicensed content from running, such as homebrew. The unfortunate effect is disabling said checks also disables one of the primary Anti-Piracy methods found in the console, which again is the signatures of the files. For SX, it was primarily made solely for piracy, with the work for homebrew being less of a priority, while for Atmosphere had it the other way around. Neither can claim they prevent or fight piracy at all. Once a CFW is on a system, it becomes next to impossible to prevent it from being used for piracy. A CFW could implement it's own signature checks into the system, but that would get in the way of some homebrew developers, and someone will find a way to bypass that just as the CFW alters the SigChecks from the base firmware.

Not every CFW user pirates, and not every CFW is made for piracy. It's a hasty generalization that can be disproved quickly by having a few people show they only use homebrew apps like save managers or cheats. Some may only backup their legally obtained copies of the game for safe keeping and play from their backups, which according to Copyright Law isn't piracy. It might violate some part of the DMCA, but the person who bought the game hasn't shared the files with anyone and as a result hasn't denied Nintendo their sale of the game, essentially.

g4jek8j54 and DayVeeBoi like this.
  6. DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    To be clear, I am not saying that TX doesn't have anything on the horizon.They may very well have something in the works.

It would be kind of weird to start making noise about it without anything at all to show, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is something like expanding the target firmware version slightly on the already discovered Caffeine/DejaVu and selling codes for it or something.

I'm not sure if that is technically possible, but something like that would be cool to see, since it would almost certainly be reverse-engineered pronto for the wider public. So win-win.

7. Switch_Maniac

Switch_Maniac GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Saying it's fake just to say it's fake is also baseless. They never every said when an exploit for patched switches would be released and still haven't. Only that they are working on it. People get so hung up on shitting on them. It's so dumb. Move on with your lives (not you specifically). Use what you like.

DarthDub, Chary and DbGt like this.
  8. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    The good news here is this implies being able to buy a new model with the improved battery and actually being able to hack it. Which is all I'd need before i go buy one.

psycrow26, DarthDub and DayVeeBoi like this.
  9. CaptainSodaPop

CaptainSodaPop GBAtemp Regular

Croatia
    YES!!! FINALLY! :yay::yay::yay:

teamlocust and DayVeeBoi like this.
  10. xxNathanxx

xxNathanxx GBAtemp Fan

New Caledonia
    I do wonder how much conman garyopa pays this site to get his shitty website put front and center on the home page for a textbook example of shilling like this.

DayVeeBoi, crow132 and ghjfdtg like this.
  11. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    TX wins again!

12. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Portugal
    It's not a competition, there's nothing to "win". Also this "news" post is filled with conjecture and supposition and not a single shred of actual evidence. So no, they don't"win" anything

Last edited by Ashura66, Oct 29, 2019
    g4jek8j54, ghjfdtg and andyhappypants like this.
  13. Josephvb10

Josephvb10 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Costa Rica
    Yeah. This. It's very tiresome to keep seeing this shit over and over again.

A new low for GBATemp.

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  14. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware
    Developer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    Whether you all want to admit this or not, GBAtemp and GaryOPA are soulmates :P

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  15. wiiando

wiiando GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Surely nobody is that stupid? buying a new switch purely based on this is going to end in disappointment

Ashura66 likes this.
  16. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    Why would i buy a launch switch that would have a 20 second battery life, has joycon drift out the butt, and no warranty? That's the question to answer your question. Hint: rhetorical, but depressingly common.

17. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Portugal
    Considering that the Lite uses the EXACT same analogue sticks that the original joycons have, drift WILL be an issue for them too. And the worst part? Ya can't replace joycons on the Lite

18. wiiando

wiiando GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Over exaggerating much?

Plenty of posts that the lite still has stick drift, the design didn't change it's just been implemented internally, meaning if you do get stick drift, you're either sending the whole console in for repair or voiding your warranty to repair

19. Volthax

Volthax Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands Antilles
    I love how GaryOPA always gets the newest updates directly from Team-Xecuter before they even announce it but when he wants an early sample he needs to get it from a reseller.
    What happened to your relationship with Team-Xecuter Gary? Did they dump you, just like they dumped me out of the Discord?
    Pray for Gary! If everyone takes 1 minute to pray for Gary he might recover. Thank you, Buddha bless!

20. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    Hardware based or software based is the question. It's hard to complain about there being multiple options and vectors, but if they've got something I'm guessing others have something too. I'm guessing we won't hear much about this for a good 6 months to a year or so.

DayVeeBoi likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Solution, Xecuter, coming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.