Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixelpixx

mixelpixx hardware monkey

United States
  2. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Portugal
    Uhhhhh no. He says that there was missinformation being spread, he doesn't say that HE himself spread it

3. Alchemy_Gaming

Newcomer

United States
    I like how this thread essentially has the same three comments repeated over and over again

bluesn00w likes this.
  4. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    err my understanding of 'I wanted to see' means he did it.

5. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    yeah seems obvious
    i wonder if RCM is still there in the new chip but the pins are just not externally accessible now and they have just made a mod chip that access RCM again by taping onto the pins inside directly
    does anyone know just how deeply embedded the RCM feature is in the custom tegra
    maybe it is impossible for nvidia to completely remove without a total redesign of the chip from the ground up and just a minor revision like the mariko chip

Last edited by weatMod, Oct 31, 2019
  6. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    RCM does exist on Mariko and is accessed using the same method. Fusée Gelée doesn’t exist on it so it’s completely useless to us though.

DayVeeBoi and weatMod like this.
  7. billapong

billapong GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Great. So it turned out to be legit. That makes me feel great as the Xecuter haters are all probably really pissy right now. I do hope it is a hardware based mod so that will effectively cut out all of the elite "I hax0r but can't solder" crowd. A real hacker can deal with software and hardware.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

hexyz is obsessed with Xecuter. He probably hates the fact they're making money and he's not. The guy is talented, but following Xecuter's every move like a lost puppy isn't a worthy cause. It also makes anything he has to say about Xecuter questionable.

MachRc and DarthDub like this.
  8. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

United States
    Still waiting for a PoC. :rolleyes:

Until that happens this is just big talk with nothing to back it.

9. Ashura66

Portugal
    Proof?

10. Costello

Costello Headmaster
    Administrator

hahaha
    you are going to regret wasting 30 minutes of your life typing up this post
    just saying :D

Fred Molyneux, ombus, MachRc and 21 others like this.
  11. DarkCrudus

DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    I'm definitely enjoying reading this thread. It's funny how absolute some people are.

However like a lot of other people, I'm not like oh yes tx definitely have a solution cuz someone said so, but I'll certainly wait and see, if they do great! If not, no skin off my back.

I am curious how much information you have about it Costello :P

Last edited by DarkCrudus, Oct 31, 2019
    XorTroll likes this.
  12. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Can't wait to get a new switch with the extended battery. 3 hours of BOTW is not cutting well for me

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  13. billapong

United States
    Costello confirming it is legit. I trust one of the main admins of this site. I don't trust anti-TX trolls. Though, there is a small chance TX lied and deceived Costello, but that's like such a small percentage. It would not profit TX to lie. It would profit them to produce the product. TX is a business. TX wants profit. I trust Costello's judgement.

I also hope it's a hardware based mod that requires soldering. That would effectively shut up 95% of these haters because they don't have the skills to install the product (and that means that the 95% would have to pay to get it - so it's a win-win situation).

Last edited by billapong, Oct 31, 2019
  14. RY0M43CH1Z3N

RY0M43CH1Z3N Touching things and improving your world

Spain
    I don't believe in anything or anyone without any proof is only a rumour.

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  15. billapong

United States
    I suppose not being able to play games or watch movies because their content isn't real is a very frustrating problem. Why are you even on a video gaming forum if you only deal with "real shit"? I mean, clearly, if a high level scener confirms it's legit that carries no weight. Wait, it's now a bunch of high level sceners.

We'll see these "fake" posts long after the product is revealed and once the last one the deniers stops holding out they'll simply move onto the Xecuter hating crowd. If you're a level headed individual you realize you just can't fix stupid. I suppose the kid I saw at a local store today that kept running into a glass wall, even when his mother told him to stop while trying to explain there's a glass wall in front of him, is a prime example of these types of kids past histories.

16. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Half the reason people pay for SX OS over Atmosphere is to do less work, not more. Gonna be a lot more than SX haters crying.

DarkCrudus likes this.
  17. billapong

United States
    That's sorta true. Although, once you install a modchip you're done with it. Maybe a BIOS update every few months, but not having to spend hours after each system update fixing shit is a major plus. In the end modchips usually end up being a lot less work to deal with. The thing about SX OS is that you just plop 1 file onto a sd card and you're done.

Atmosphere requires you're constantly updating various components of the system, which takes time and a learning curve. It's much more appealing to people that want to play games and not mess around with software all of the time, which is what a modchip would provide.

Modchips would also have to be installed by people with skill and patience, so it would effectively cut down on all of the dramatic seeking haters who have nothing better to do then spill their shit onto the scene. I just hope for the betterment of the scene it's a hardware based solution that requires soldering.

I don't particularly care if 95% of the cheap little bitches don't get their free games. That would please me even more so then them finally shutting the fuck up.

18. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You still have to deal with shit being broken on new sysupdates, having a modchip doesn't just automatically make everything work when ninty releases major sysupdates.

See above.

It also cuts off anybody who's strongly against hardmodding their systems (such as myself). It also would likely be a glitch """"exploit"""", which is a rather boring approach.

I'm strongly against piracy.

19. billapong

United States
    It depends on how low level it is or if it requires higher level software to function. Ideally (for pirates), it would simply patch out or bypass signature checks. I mean, this is Xecuter we're talking about. Homebrew isn't going to be their main focal point. If it's a flashcard then hopefully it will support homebrew, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

What I'd like to personally see if a device that would require soldering, function independently from the console, wouldn't require any external software and allow you to utilize all of the current homebrew functionality out there and could be updated externally (when required). Probably a pipe dream, but that's what I'd like to see.

20. Ashura66

Portugal
    No he did not. Much like the post that started all this, he made a claim and presented NO evidence to back up said claim. TX themselves have made no announcement regarding this and until such a time when an announcement is made by TX themselves(and no GaryOpa doesn't count) this will be nothing more than a rumor filled with conjecture and baseless supposition

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Because downloading files and copying them onto your SD card is such a BIG difficulty curve...Every time anyone says" oh Atmosphere is harder to set up" i can't help but laugh. It updates the EXACT same way as SX OS. You download the new files, place them onto your SD and boot with the appropriate payload. It's not hard, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to set up and do it. Not to mention that Atmos updates are never broken, or very rarely are, unlike TX's updates which are ALWAYS, without fail, broken with varying degrees of severity

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Solution, Xecuter, coming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.