Team-Xecuter Releases SX OS v1.2

TX Releases Another Update To Their SX OS, with the big feature everyone was waiting for 'CARD2' support!
txos12.jpg

Earlier this weekend, we were informed by TX that they were busy putting the finishing touches on yet another major update to their very popular SX OS, and now with v1.2 you have what everyone was screaming for since the first release, the latest 'card2' games! :)
It's been a busy week at the Team-Xecuter headquarters, after releasing v1.1 of SX OS we got (yet again) a good amount of feedback from the community.

Let's jump straight into the changes for version 1.2 of SX OS:
  • Added Card2 support
    A small dozen (currently released) games were not compatible with SX OS, we tracked down these incompatibilities with these so-called "CARD2" games and fixed them. You can now fully enjoy `Sushi Striker' and other games!
  • Added downgraded fuse support
    In v1.1 we added a protection against programming fuses. What was not added was a bypass for the "fuse checks", this has now been addressed. Advanced users who want to enjoy "downgraded" firmwares can now do so!
  • Improved homebrew compatibility
    Without going into complicated details, homebrew compatibility has been improved once again. Give your problem homebrew titles another spin, and let us know if any problems remain. We're sure this should be a big improvement.
As always, updating SX OS is simply a matter of replacing "boot.dat" in the root of your microSD card. No need to re-activate your license or anything.

Stay tuned for more updates. We're far from done!

Team-Xecuter, Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond!

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Really tempted to buy the pro version...
But when installing the OS, is it permanently installed in the console?

Or is it like a EmuNAND?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It's impressive how fast they release an update. Card 2 games and downgrade support are a really big step. When they have released EmuNAND, I will probably buy the SX PRO. For now, it's pretty useless for me since the firmware of my second Nintendo switch console is 2.1.0 and I don't want to update without burning fuses because there are probably issues with cartridge games when I downgrade later on. What makes me sad is that some people still wait for a crack of their OS instead of supporting them with little money. They really do a great job and they deserve support from us. I'm curios what they will release next.

Reactions: Mateto

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's impressive how fast they release an update. Card 2 games and downgrade support are a really big step. When they have released EmuNAND, I will probably buy the SX PRO. For now, it's pretty useless for me since the firmware of my second Nintendo switch console is 2.1.0 and I don't want to update without burning fuses because there are probably issues with cartridge games when I downgrade later on. What makes me sad is that some people still wait for a crack of their OS instead of supporting them with little money. They really do a great job and they deserve support from us. I'm curios what they will release next.

Emunand in its current state will not help out with nonworking cardridge slots because even when you run emunand the cardridge slot mainboard has its own firmware and it gets upgraded when running a higher switch firmware version.
Currently there is no workaround for it.

D

DeletedMember411838

Yeah, the way Team Xecuter is pushing updates.. it won't be long

It will actually because we dont have an exploit for that mainboards firmware. We dont even have exploits for the switches firmware NV dropped the ball not Ninty.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
PSNES is working fine over here. No Crashes on DKC at all.
Hmm really, I had weird luck then it seems.

Okay, another follow up.. after running DKC and having these crashes, I rebooted the unit, injected the payload, went to go load the backup loader from the Album... Crashed immediately... this is a first....
Ah ... I knew something was up, but yeah I think it something to do with what the higher resolution games use. Not sure though, maybe @cpasjuste can help us with/

What's the secret to having roms work and show in the rom list? Mine are unzipped and match the titles shown, but they don't show up green.
ZIP them and remove the DB.xml file, then you should be good.

Is the homebrew support realy better now? Is there any hb that requires lower fw or does everything work on 5.1?
Better yes, as good as the hekate payloads no. Stuff like emulation and various tools run better on that.

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you