Team-Xecuter Presents SX OS v2.5.3

TX is already starting to roll-out fixes for those that sadly updated to v7.0 :)
SX253.jpg

Team-Xecuter has all hands on deck, after big 'N' throw them a tough one v7.0.0 was released recently, and as you must know by now, its STILL NOT RECOMMENDED TO UPDATE, but for those that didn't see the early warning signs, or had their Switch consoles automatically updated somehow, there is now light at the end of the tunnel, its not there completely yet, but the hard-working developers at Xecuter today, made the first step towards helping out those that have updated their SysNAND to v7.0.0 :)
We are receiving lots of questions regarding compatibility with the latest 7.0 firmware update.

While we are not ready yet to release this to the world we did want to put out a small bugfix release that addresses one important issue..

So here we are; SX OS v2.5.3!

What was fixed?
  • EmuNAND 6.2 booting again after updating System NAND to 7.0
Some of you who updated their System NAND to version 7.0 notified us their EmuNAND on version 6.2 would no longer boot, thus they were unable to continue using SX OS! This of course is unacceptable, so we decided to investigate and fix it. You can now enjoy the latest firmware on your System NAND again while keeping a compatible firmware in your EmuNAND partition.
That's all for today. Stay tuned!

(As usual, please remember all of TX latest releases & apps, can be found on their SX Portal website)

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >--

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that cheat system is pretty neat too, cant you search for values in it while in game? Gateways cheat system was like that, I took advantage of that to make some quick cheat codes when games were just released.
Sys-netcheat works in a similar way, you just have to use a computer to invoke the commands.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sys-netcheat works in a similar way, you just have to use a computer to invoke the commands.

Yeah I just searched it up after I saw your post lol. Fuck all of that though, im not that interested in making cheats lol. Only if it all can be done on the console itself.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just searched it up after I saw your post lol. Fuck all of that though, im not that interested in making cheats lol. Only if it all can be done on the console itself.
Sure. Some people have a computer in the same room, or next to them while playing, and it is pretty easy. But I get it that some people are lazy :P

Reactions: jscjml

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rip it looks like you need a fat32 SD to use those cheat features though. sys-netcheat doesnt say anything about that so I assume it works with exfat. That makes it more interesting imo.

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm finding SX OS still has issues with displaying all homebrew items.
All homebrew? A few people and I have blue icons for Edizon, and 2 other apps I can't remember. This is on 2.5.2, rolling back to 2.4 fixes it fixes it though.
Are you using ExFat? Is it the blue icon or what?

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
don't forget xci loading from HDD which is the number 1 reason I still use sxos over atmosphere the second reason being sxos cheat system is very nice too. come to think of it. it will be a while before atmosphere can catch up on those two points.
I wouldn't think so
XCI from HDD loading would be easy to implement, and actually would run better on atmosphere since it forces USB 3.0 (If any Team Xecuter member is reading this, it would be neat to add that), the only reason of why XCI loading is still not a thing outside of SX is the legality, XCI loading on SX OS works by using files from a cartridge, which is copyrighted (Nintendo can't sue them due to shitty China laws), but once someone finds out how to implement XCI loading without any copyrighted file, add HDD support will be something easy
Cheat System is nearly cracked on ReiNX, of course that isn't Atmosphere, but since ReiNX is based on Atmosphere, you still get all the features that it offers
Actually, SX OS, the paid solution, limits you, as you can't use custom kips, that's one of the reasons of why people is switching to other CFWs
You can't also use download play with wi-fi, you might say that is actually implemented, but due that you can't update it and is constantly being updated, is unusable
It depends on you if you want to pay $25 on a pack of stuff + a XCI loader (with USB support), easy cheat engine and a emunand

Outside of the shitty posts I make, SX OS isn't actually that bad, just that could be better

Reactions: Heichart

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TX Threads:
  • 50% People complaining about how TX is slow, and just waits for Open Source CFW's to implement stuff; then 'borrow' the code.
  • 25% People bashing TX
  • 25% People countering the first group of people; because they don't understand that Open Source is a great thing; and TX just waits.
I rest my case.
Heh.
Reminds me of a post I made many months back.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-os-stealth-mode-is-not-creport.516455/page-2#post-8247558

Now into February and nothing has changed.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have no idea what you're talking about. All Switch CFW is based on Atmosphere. Atmosphere is very close to being completed. EmuNAND is really the last major aspect to be implemented.

I wouldn't say it's very different from SX OS. Feature-wise, SX OS has two features that no other CFW has: XCI loading and emunand. Other than that, there is no need to spend money on something that is free.

This hotfix also comes after Atmosphere has been updated for initial 7.0.0 support.
I actually have idea and know what I was talking because even though all other CFW have parts of atmosphere, Atmosphere it self is the full Nintendo Switch OS Replica 4 the community until all the others rip all its parts, and I think theres a lot to be made with it yet.

Specially the next step of atmosphere which is other dev teams using its code and make custom compilations with custom different things for us to try and add stuff, I specially want to see someone adding OC and telemetry to the home button like reading clocks\temps. Even at the begining when it fully release I guess it will look just simply normal exactly like Horizon without much until the community start adding and customizing stuff over time.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean that 4 me, I was just replying to the person who replied to my previous post... I'm not talking about SX OS VS the others or anything and I'm not saying much bad, it just works perfectly fine and have mSD emunand which is all I wanted.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's just me or with autorcm enabled it won't boot on ofw? I have removed it now and it boots fine, actually is slower than before.

oblid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Take that TX fanboys, while everyone is enjoying Atmosphere with 7.0, you guys get an update that is literally an insult to anyone expecting 7.0 support

Source please?
I can't fin Atmosphere with support for 7.0 like everyone.
Can share the link for downloads.

Sorry my bad english.
Thanks!!!

Last edited by oblid,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Source please?
I can't fin Atmosphere with support for 7.0 like everyone.
Can share the link for downloads.

Sorry my bad english.
Thanks!!!
It's still in development. You can compile the source code to get the files needed to boot it but you'd still need your own tsec key.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol