Team-Xecuter Presents SX OS v2.5.3

TX is already starting to roll-out fixes for those that sadly updated to v7.0 :)
SX253.jpg

Team-Xecuter has all hands on deck, after big 'N' throw them a tough one v7.0.0 was released recently, and as you must know by now, its STILL NOT RECOMMENDED TO UPDATE, but for those that didn't see the early warning signs, or had their Switch consoles automatically updated somehow, there is now light at the end of the tunnel, its not there completely yet, but the hard-working developers at Xecuter today, made the first step towards helping out those that have updated their SysNAND to v7.0.0 :)
We are receiving lots of questions regarding compatibility with the latest 7.0 firmware update.

While we are not ready yet to release this to the world we did want to put out a small bugfix release that addresses one important issue..

So here we are; SX OS v2.5.3!

What was fixed?
  • EmuNAND 6.2 booting again after updating System NAND to 7.0
Some of you who updated their System NAND to version 7.0 notified us their EmuNAND on version 6.2 would no longer boot, thus they were unable to continue using SX OS! This of course is unacceptable, so we decided to investigate and fix it. You can now enjoy the latest firmware on your System NAND again while keeping a compatible firmware in your EmuNAND partition.
That's all for today. Stay tuned!

(As usual, please remember all of TX latest releases & apps, can be found on their SX Portal website)

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >--

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Take that TX fanboys, while everyone is enjoying Atmosphere with 7.0, you guys get an update that is literally an insult to anyone expecting 7.0 support

Reactions: MRTMW

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Take that TX fanboys, while everyone is enjoying Atmosphere with 7.0, you guys get an update that is literally an insult to anyone expecting 7.0 support

whom's "everyone"?

The 5 people on the planet with the new keys needed to compile and bootup atmosphere on 7.0

As that is current status of it.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how so?
what using both give you that sxos does not?

also i guess updating emunand to 7.0.0 is still not supported on sxos
He probably uses atmosphere 4 testing its progress I guess, it's very different from SX OS even though it's nowhere near to being finished.

Atmosphere Devs try to recreate almost everything that Switch OS have but without using Nintendo code, this later probably leave a huge advantage if someone want to fully customise the OS it self with new features (not just add stuff but really have the power to mess up with internal OS parts of the code).

Ontopic: I will keep waiting for 7.0 emunand support, though its not that I even care much in updating it as I don't see any good games for my taste coming to switch so soon...

Reactions: weatMod

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perfect
this should let me be able to play smash on my sysnand while i wait for proper update

thanks tx
i really love you

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No they didn't. That's the point. They just made it possible to boot EmuNAND when you are too lazy to downgrade from 7.0.0 when you accidentaly updated. (I guess that their EmuNAND is not full then)
You piss and moan about some of the most trivial things. Don't like TX? That's neat, you've got no business posting here then. This clearly isn't for you, nor all the haters. These types of threads usually are purged quicker. Must be a busy day.

Apparently TX still supporting their device is taboo for some of you. I honestly don't get it. Also, downgrading on a whim isn't as convenient for some users as it would be for you. Time to hop off the hate train and find something more productive to fill your time, yeah?

Last edited by Kioku,

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Whatever, why the hate, SX will end up like Gateway, first they become obsolete, and then, everyone forgets about them, then a coldboot exploit like arm9loaderhax release and they never update it to support it, and lastly, they stop supporting their product even if there are a lot of people using it, making it obsolete

SX should also be cheaper, the time where it was the only solution for piracy is not here anymore, and I don't think someone would pay $25 when there're free solutions but without XCI loading (emunand is coming to atmosphere), I think it should be at very least $10 and that's already a lot for a XCI loader that is console unique (If you have 2 consoles, you have to buy it twice)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whatever, the time told me that SX do this for money and not for their users so there's no way that they will make it cheaper unless they care a little bit about their users

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for The Xecuter Hotline! It will be an amazing show and I hope the word of OPA'ism will be spread.
Thanks for collabrating with The Buddhism Hotline & The Jesus Chatline, we the fans of Team-Xecuter are really excited for the first episode of your show I heard it is called 'Denouncing Atmosphere' I can't wait!
Will you be running the hotline being the unofficial support as it is? Also I think TX should denounce Atmosphere before any of their users do. Have they ever made a public statement on any of the other existing CFWs?

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whatever, why the hate, SX will end up like Gateway, first they become obsolete, and then, everyone forgets about them, then a coldboot exploit like arm9loaderhax release and they never update it to support it, and lastly, they stop supporting their product even if there are a lot of people using it, making it obsolete

SX should also be cheaper, the time where it was the only solution for piracy is not here anymore, and I don't think someone would pay $25 when there're free solutions but without XCI loading (emunand is coming to atmosphere), I think it should be at very least $10 and that's already a lot for a XCI loader that is console unique (If you have 2 consoles, you have to buy it twice)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whatever, the time told me that SX do this for money and not for their users so there's no way that they will make it cheaper unless they care a little bit about their users

As the saying goes "time is money", sxos has a product out before everyone else so they can reap the benefits of it. And if you didnt immediately hack your console and do stupid things with it, you wouldnt need to have bought a 2nd switch. Thats what I think is the kicker there. If interested in online you end up saving more money with this since (as of right now) nobody has been getting banned from emunand, meaning we dont have to fork out for a 2nd console if we want online. (or hour-long nand restores any time you want to use it)

Last edited by jscjml,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He probably uses atmosphere 4 testing its progress I guess, it's very different from SX OS even though it's nowhere near to being finished.

Atmosphere Devs try to recreate almost everything that Switch OS have but without using Nintendo code, this later probably leave a huge advantage if someone want to fully customise the OS it self with new features (not just add stuff but really have the power to mess up with internal OS parts of the code).

Ontopic: I will keep waiting for 7.0 emunand support, though its not that I even care much in updating it as I don't see any good games for my taste coming to switch so soon...
yup now that MP4 is scrapped i really see nothing on the horizon (no pun intended) to look forward to on switch

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You have no idea what you're talking about. All Switch CFW is based on Atmosphere. Atmosphere is very close to being completed. EmuNAND is really the last major aspect to be implemented.

I wouldn't say it's very different from SX OS. Feature-wise, SX OS has two features that no other CFW has: XCI loading and emunand. Other than that, there is no need to spend money on something that is free.

This hotfix also comes after Atmosphere has been updated for initial 7.0.0 support.

Reactions: Kioku and jscjml

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have no idea what you're talking about. All Switch CFW is based on Atmosphere. Atmosphere is very close to being completed. EmuNAND is really the last major aspect to be implemented.

I wouldn't say it's very different from SX OS. Feature-wise, SX OS has two features that no other CFW has: XCI loading and emunand. Other than that, there is no need to spend money on something that is free.

This hotfix also comes after Atmosphere has been updated for initial 7.0.0 support.

Yup once atmosphere drops emunand im changing over. I appreciate SXOS being early, and paid them for doing so.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My opinion, they will probably do it better but im not a homebrew developer... so I wont notice all the intricacies put into it. If it works im good :)

Reading alot of homebrew topics though, alot of devs straight up say they wont support SXOS, thats why im moving to atmo when the time is right.

Reactions: nachuz

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

don't forget xci loading from HDD which is the number 1 reason I still use sxos over atmosphere the second reason being sxos cheat system is very nice too. come to think of it. it will be a while before atmosphere can catch up on those two points.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't forget xci loading from HDD which is the number 1 reason I still use sxos over atmosphere the second reason being sxos cheat system is very nice too. come to think of it. it will be a while before atmosphere can catch up on those two points.
XCI loading from HDD falls under XCI loading. I forgot about their cheat system. Even though sys-netcheat exists, and has existed for a long time prior to SX OS' cheat system, but it seems nobody uses it, since people self-ban themselves from the Internet.

How do you come to the conclusion that it'll take atmosphere a while to catch up? First off, they have 0 intention of supporting XCI loading. So that's never going to be a thing. As for the SX OS cheat system, perhaps they will continue to use sys-netcheat (which has existed for far longer) or will implement their own. Didn't Rei incorporate support for SX OS' cheat system into ReiNX already? Ah yes, she did. So that's done.

Also, I'm not going to get into an argument over this. I simply corrected someone who was misinforming others.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah that cheat system is pretty neat too, cant you search for values in it while in game? Gateways cheat system was like that, I took advantage of that to make some quick cheat codes when games were just released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: