Team-Xecuter Presents SX OS v2.4 BETA

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 13, 2018.

1. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    What was the sleep mode problem?

Does the installer do system updates too like choirdy? Also what is the huhbub with this hbmenu.nro? Why do they have two options? I thought the only difference between loading Homebrew through their thing and holding down R for hbmenu was just the branding.

The unique feature for this update was the partition option for emunand right?

2. Ev1l0rd
    This message by Ev1l0rd has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Enough, take it somewhere else.
    Dec 13, 2018
  3. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    I have a 64gb microSD and it says not enough space for hidden partition emunand, what ? And I only left license and boot and deleted everything else

4. Ev1l0rd
    This message by Ev1l0rd has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Enough, take it somewhere else.
    Dec 13, 2018
  5. stenafo

stenafo Member

Newcomer
    Apr 20, 2018
    Grenada
    On OFW 6.2 when you go on SxOS and go on sleep mode it freezes.

6. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    SonyUSA is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Holding R and hijacking an app to run homebrew gives it more resources and system permissions than just launching it from the main OS.

7. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Try to reformat the SDCard and see if it works.

8. m4xw
    This message by m4xw has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Dec 13, 2018
  9. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    I tried, doesn't work, does it need a certain format ? Cuz I still wanna use exFAT for XCI

10. Ev1l0rd
    Dec 13, 2018
  11. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    I'm having difficulty breaking this down. On ofw 6.2 you're saying is fine? But sxos on 6.2 freezes?

Because reading as is it sounds like youre accessing sxos from ofw which brain my hurts

Subtle Demise likes this.
  12. m4xw
    This message by m4xw has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Dec 13, 2018
  13. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    I gonna do a new thing this time around of people bickering. I will just ban you from this thread. Plain and simple.
    No more "Haters gonna hate" nonsense, no more "TX stole sourcecode" nonsense.

We all know TX is gods (I'm being sarcastic) and we know TX steal sourcecode, and it's shitty of them (not sarcastic). I knew about blawar giving them the source code ages ago so it's all fine (@blawar time to make it opensource?)

So can we for ONCE keep a thread clear of this? It's generally annoying for everyone. TX will not care if you don't write on their forums or email them. You got to realize their whole business is about being shady.

14. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Try doing a FAT32 format with for example "guiformat" and then format it with exfat.

15. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Weren't several functioning versions open source on github? I'm sure it would be easy for someone to post a screenshot proving it had copied code, but as far as I know it's all original.

Last edited by SonyUSA, Dec 13, 2018
  16. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    Oh yes indeed it did, but you know SX OS is the most popular way to ''unlock'' the Switch like it or hate it.

17. Nononoki
    This message by Nononoki has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Dec 13, 2018
  18. maxx488

maxx488 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2018
    Argentina
    Tx back on top again!! Hope to see more updates.
    Cheers!

Btw that installer is freaking amazing!!!!
    Thanks so much for upgrading this cfw more and more!!

Last edited by maxx488, Dec 13, 2018
  19. Ev1l0rd
    This message by Ev1l0rd has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Off toopic.
    Dec 13, 2018
  20. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    [​IMG]
    1726 perfect matches, most are hactool and tinfoil, some libnx
    Lets not get started about partial matches....

crissal, uyjulian, hippy dave and 3 others like this.
  21. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    No its not. Free options will be always more popular in majority. SX OS and TX is just constantly being spoken about. They are pretty much a buzz word.

22. digipimp75
    This message by digipimp75 has been removed from public view by linuxares, Dec 13, 2018, Reason: Not helping.
    Dec 13, 2018
  23. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Are you sure these aren't just from shared libs? Of course those would be 100% identical. Same with some header/import code. Do you have the actual offending lines that don't fit in those two categories to show? Just curious, I don't care much either way.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

SxOs is free though? You only have to pay for .xci loading I believe (and cheats maybe?). You can do everything the other cfws do for free too except the netcode plugin.

24. rickwj324

rickwj324 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2013
    United States
    I'm about to mod my first Switch this weekend with an SX PRO. I'm a little confused about this issue. The way I understand it, putting the unit in Sleep Mode avoids having to insert the dongle each time, correct? So IF I put it in sleep mode, then the system will freeze?

My intent is to ONLY use SX OS, no need to go into OFW. I'd like to be able to avoid using the dongle for the most part.

Last edited by rickwj324, Dec 13, 2018
  25. m4xw

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    It's not like I don't look at the code.
    Also thousands of partial matches.

Libnx also was a different version for tinfoil, so unlikely to have a huge amount of perfect matches to begin with.
    I don't have the idb with me, so can't look that up right now.

Last edited by m4xw, Dec 13, 2018
    Ev1l0rd likes this.
  26. linuxares

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    It used to be that if people ran OFW on 6.2 and Emunand on 6.1, sleep mode would crash the Switch. But I think that should be fine now.

rickwj324 likes this.
  27. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    I bet you could throw two books at it and get lots of partial matches, that's not a very strong argument... but it's fine, like I said, I don't really care xP

28. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    Im quite sure they are the most popular. Its super simple and clean. Not many people want to screw around with the ''superior'' options.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Not a SX OS owner but I was wondering, is it possible to update directly from their ''splash'' menu after the payload delivery?

gizmomelb likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted