1. drizztbsd

drizztbsd Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    If you have problem with emunand or disappearing files on exfat partition you should remove the archive bit from the files.
    To semplify my work I created noattrib.cmd in the root on Switch SD with only the following command inside:
    attrib -A /S
    So each time I copy a new XCI or I do something on the SD, I only need to double click the cmd before ejecting the sd card from my PC and sx-os always read the files.

It can probably be used on the USB hard disk too, but I don't use it.

thaikhoa likes this.
  2. CTBC

CTBC Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Fixed black screen on emunand 5.1.0 by deleting newly created emunand boot0 and boot1 files and replacing with backup boot0 and boot1 files

3. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Tx is sitting on their hands waiting for someone to dump 6.2 keys for them lol.

Albytrozz, guily6669 and Raymond7 like this.
  4. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Did you use boot0 and boot1 files from a 5.1.0 backup?

5. CTBC

CTBC Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Yes

SpaceJump likes this.
  6. Raymond7

Raymond7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Agreed, the wait is getting ridiculous

7. alexj9626

alexj9626 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Panama
    How big is the EmuNAND suppose to be? The folder with it is about 30gb (maybe more, cant remember) with lots of 3-4gb files (part 1, 2, 3, etc)

I thought it would be 14 or so GB from what people said here.

8. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    Is there any ETA already for 6.2 update? Though I don't need it at the moment, my emunand is at 6.1...

I hope TX updates their manuals, it doesn't even say anything about emunand and even folder structures and all the other missing info making everyone have to go into forums to search 4 it which is kinda stupid 4 a paid service... :wink:

Edit: BTW does your SD emunand all run a bit slow?

I have a slow M-SD 128GB from Toshiba, I'm waiting for the new Kingston 128GB A1 to arrive to test the difference.

Last edited by guily6669, Nov 26, 2018
  9. Jaysus88

Jaysus88 Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hello guys!
    I´ve been looking on the forums for 3 hours and im not 100% sure and want some clarification:

I´m on Sysnand 5.1 and dont have EmuNand. Now i want EmuNand on SD and dont know if this is the right way.
    Btw. I have a Backup of my 5.1 Nand and dont want to play online.

Can i only Download newest TX - Activate Emunand - rename Nintendo do Emutendo folder - done ?

And the most important part to me - because i read of some FW 6.2 "unhackable" - can I only update Emunand and let Sysnand on 5.1? Are there any downsides and is it possible via booted Emunand and the official FW Update Option in Horizon?

Thank you all!

10. scroeffie

scroeffie GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    any one know wat cluster size the hdd needs ? i know it has to be formated to exfat and gpt but what cluster size ?

11. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    If it's making a 1 to 1 copy of a 32gb sysnand why would it be 14gb?

12. m4076348

m4076348 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Is there any way to shrink/trim the emunand files? I love the option to have it sit on SD storage - but also pushed me towards managing SD space quite a lot, recently :D

13. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I've been using it no problems taking the precautions he mentioned. That being said, I have my Msd backed up to my pc.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

good, I'd rather them focus on improving gui and other sxos features since 6.2 keys will inevitably be dumped by someone else anyway.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i used 512 for a 2tb hdd and it worked.

14. Ranshiro

Ranshiro Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    total noob question. but how did you do this? with hekate? or is it just copy and paste on the sd card directly?

15. Raymond7

Raymond7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    In other words, they don't know where/how to fix it :P.

I also get some major creepy vibes from that TX message. It reminds me of the GateWay3DS message:
    "For now, please do not update your Emunand until you can read the confirmation of support for 11.3/11/4 here.
    Thank you for your patience, more to come very soon."

.... As of current nothing... Hope this is not the case with TX

Last edited by Raymond7, Nov 27, 2018
  16. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game
    Banned

France
    Let’s not jump into conclusions like that :D
    Let’s wait and see ;)

17. Greyfux27

Greyfux27 Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello everyone!

I've looked up for this information on the forums but could not find a detailed answer.

When updating my Emunand (I will update it from 3.02 to 5.1) for the first time should I leave the AutoRCM on? If I leave it off is there a risk of burning fuses?

I've never used autorcm just to keep my sysnand as clean as possible

Thanks in advance!

Emeraldman94 likes this.
  18. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    I updated my emunand for the 1st time too and I disabled that option and my Original FW still works fine... But I have seen some people leaving it ON and was still working, so no idea whats best... (Go to album and make sure it says SX OS EMUNAND, don't update the CFW or you will update the console sysnand).

Don't insert is a game cart after updating or it will update the game cart reader and you won't be able to use the original game cart games on your original older FW (I was dumb and inserted my Zelda cart in emunand 6.01 and now the console doesnt even boot on the OFW if the cart is inserted it gives a error, I must remove it).
    Inject the SX OS payload, go to options, emunand and create emunand, if it works right away thats all for the emunand (make sure to activate it, where it says boot CFW on SX OS payload, make sure above it says emunand active or something like that).

If the emunand blacks out, copy and paste boot0 and boot1 from hekate backup to SXOS\Emunand (you have to rename boot0 and boot1 from hekate backup to boot0.bin and boot1.bin respectively), and see if it boots...

If you manage to boot to emunand, just use ChoiDijourNX and use FW 6.1, dont use 6.2, but before updating go to the album and make sure it says SX OS EMUNAND (right corner above if im not mistaken).

Last edited by guily6669, Nov 27, 2018
    Jaysus88 likes this.
  19. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I thought the purpose of using AutoRCM is so you don't burn a fuse after using ChoiDujourNX to update the FW in Emunand and/or OFW?

Or am I getting my info confused? Unless the info I read was for the older SX OS BETA versions where the Emunand was on the NAND and not the SD CARD?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Presents, Xecuter,