NULL

Team-Xecuter Presents SX OS v2.3 BETA

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Freezerbomb

Freezerbomb Likes tacos

Aug 17, 2018
    United States
    In this SJW filled world that desires to ruin your life if you disagree with them, I've wisely chosen to have this separate account for my opinions. If you had "technical skills" you wouldn't waste your time tearing down someone that is more accomplished than you. TX has been in the console hacking scene since 2002. What were you doing during that time? Wearing diapers maybe?

2. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Confirmed sleep mode was broken on emunand 6.1. But it doesn't matter at all. It's fun to try as I rarely put the device in the sleep mode.

Cheers :D

3. lufeig

lufeig GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    I sold my cartridges

I don't play online

So I have emunand on 6.1.0 - to play games without the "firmware update required" hassle - and sysnand on 5.1.0 because it's the cleanest/lowest nand backup I have, so I don't have to worry about autorcm to avoid burning fuses.

with all that said, sleep mode works perfectly for me.

comput3rus3r and DaveLister like this.
  4. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Very welcome. Yep burnt fuses. But now we can dual boot and have SD emunand, there is no reason to save fuses. At least for us modchip users.

DaveLister likes this.
  5. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    If someone could know how to burn "fuse" on emunand. It will probably fix the sleeping issue. Oops I'm so wrong about lol.

Last edited by thaikhoa, Nov 20, 2018
  6. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    TX may have been in the scene since 2002, but I have reason to assume they're not the same people anymore. Instead, it seems much more likely that it's Team Gateway who is running TX nowadays. And Team Gateway has little faith from me in any form of competence, given how they stole arm9loaderhax wholesale.

GerbilSoft likes this.
  7. lufeig

lufeig GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    English is not my native language, so sorry if my question is dumb.

I don't know if I understood correctly, but you have no proofs at all, all your post is based in "I have reason to assume" and "it seems", am I right?

8. Ev1l0rd

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    Only reason I say assume and seems is because the proof is mostly circumstantial, although when put together it's rather damning.

lufeig likes this.
  9. doofdilla

doofdilla Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2018
    United States
    Did you enable autorcm in emunand when updating the emunand? I am on sys 5.1.0 and emu 5.1.0 myself atm and i want to update emu to 6.1.0 (got the files) but no matter how much i read i can't figure out the 100% right steps to do so.

I would try to:

1) Boot into emunand 5.1.0
    2) Load ChoiDujour 1.01
    3) enable AutoRCM and Update to 6.1.0
    4) Reboot into 6.1.0 Emunand and profit?

Did i miss something?

10. fadx

fadx Filthy Cheater

GBAtemp Patron
    fadx is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 15, 2016
    United Kingdom
    It's strange that updating sysnand to 6.2.0 breaks emunand sleep mode (also happening to me with 6.0.1 emunand). Seems very strange considering the nands are supposed to be completely seperate and the nintendo folders are supposed to be completely seperate.

11. tinkle

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    Circumstantial evidence is damning, yall.

12. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    It might be the difference of the burned fuse counts between the two nands or broken warmboot.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

We all understand what you're worrying about, but we take the risk here and be happy to do so. Please just stop taking care of us.

rob4 likes this.
  13. lufeig

lufeig GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    this is what I would do:

1. boot emunand 5.1.0
    2. run choidujournx, load fw files 6.1.0
    3. enable exfat patch and disable autorcm (no need to use it since you will never boot emunand using official bootloader)
    4. reboot emunand 6.1.0 and profit

doofdilla likes this.
  14. doofdilla

doofdilla Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2018
    United States
    thanks for the fast answer!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Follow Up Question:

I can swap out my emunand files at will? So i could backup my 5.1.0 emunand (And emutendo folder) and then just swap them both hence and force between 5.1.0 and 6.1.0?

15. Ev1l0rd

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    I never said that. I said it's rather damning. Rather means "to a significant degree". At the very least I can pretty safely say there's a GW member amongst TXs ranks. At worst, it's just GW under a new name.

GerbilSoft likes this.
  16. lufeig

lufeig GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo, Brazil
    glad to help

that is exactly what I did, except that my sysnand was 6.0.1 autorcm. fuse count for fw 5.1.0

so after updating my emunand to 6.1.0, I restored sysnand to 5.1.0 because I could and because I prefer to keep autorcm disabled (it was enabled to preserve my 5.1 fuse count at 6.0.1 fw)

17. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Omg stop with the hate! We are on page 33 and you're still going strong. Stop saying the same things already. This thread is not your blog.

peteruk, NutymcNuty and bostonBC like this.
  18. Dissaor

Dissaor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Im about to start setting up my switch with this new emunand, do you recommend if I use a separate SD card for TX/Emunand and other for Horizon?

19. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Is not necessary but if you're paranoid like me and want to keep the sysnand as separated from anything hack related and be able to relax while playing online on sysnand you definitely can use a different sd card exclusively for each nand.

20. fadx

fadx Filthy Cheater

GBAtemp Patron
    fadx is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 15, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Just use the same SD card if you've a good amount of space just for convenience. It's theoretically possible that Nintendo could detect certain files on your SD card but even still, that isn't evidence you've booted CFW and would be absolutely ridiculous for them to ban based on that.