Team-Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 15, 2018.

1. markmcrobie

markmcrobie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 24, 2008
    I set up an FTP server on my Mac, SX Installer can see it fine but every single nsp file I click on says "Failed to load NSP".

2. peiboltroxeno

peiboltroxeno Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Portugal
    I´m trying, but still have not find the way.

3. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    make sure you have retroarch installed, and the cores needed for system. It supports having them in custom directories, but by default if you place your roms in these directories it will work:

sdmc:/nes/
    sdmc:/snes/
    sdmc:/n64/
    sdmc:/gb/
    sdmc:/gba/
    sdmc:/sms/
    sdmc:/sg/
    sdmc:/scd/
    sdmc:/gg/
    sdmc:/sg1000/

gizmomelb, peiboltroxeno and loler55 like this.
  4. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2012
    Gambia, The
    i miss a few gb of Data from my micro sd after install a few games ... i hope or i think this fix it and for me the best feature

Ability to list all incomplete installs (like when the SD gets corrupted, or you swap SD cards without copying data), with option to reinstall all of them.

5. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    It would be cool to try if it works on atmosphere or rei using a sx os license.dat file

6. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Fan

Mar 20, 2018
    Vietnam
    Is this replacing the built-in installer ?

7. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States

I've worked directly with xecuter since early the early 2000's and I've been an active contributor to the console modification scene for nearly 20 years (I run xbins). You apparently don't know who I am so you wrote this nonsensical post. I have more insight than 99.99999999% of the people in the world on this subject because I have been directly involved in quite a lot of these projects.

I suggest you take your own advice and grow up, first by acknowledging that you are discussing things of which you know little to nothing about and aserting that your opinion is correct over the hard evidence others have supplied. This is par for the course on these discussions, which is to say 99% of the posts are just noise from ignorant people standing by, as you so eloquently proved you are in the position of here.

Blawar,

That is the first time that I have seen you acknowledge that you used the code from tinfoil. I recall when you first posted your renamed application you specifically stated that you did *not* use tinfoil's code. Infact, you were adamant about it. I recall several pages of back and forth between me, you and other developers discussing the situation. Or are you saying that you just "read the code" but did not "use the code" ?

You'll have to forgive me being especially suspicious of someone refusing to provide source code and with a lot of evidence suggesting you did infact use the codebase directly.

I have one question for you and then I will let this rest.

If you did not directly take the code from tinfoil and hactool, then why does your program have the literal same exact exceptions verbatim? Specifically "failed to get application control data" , "failed to count application content meta", "failed to set IV for AES context!" and "failed to open content meta database" to name a few.

Answer this question openly and honestly and if you can provide an explanation that demonstrates a means for you to have those exceptions but to have not directly used the code, then I will stop pestering you about this subject.

I'll acknowledge my point is moot if you acknowledge you based your application off tinfoil and hactools' source code. Sound fair?

8. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    United States
    UK
    Quality response, due to all the ports of wiiu games being re released on switch, games I already bought once and smashed them all, and now paid online on a sub par console, I’m in full support of “piracy” on switch, it’s the only reason for me to eventually buy one considering I’ve used up all the top games. We just need a free online server now and il pick up a switch (used of course)

9. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    Then why the huge rant? You're stealing games and they're using code without giving proper credits. Get over yourself.

Last edited by designgears, Dec 15, 2018
  10. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    a) my code is no where near based off of hactool's source code, at least not the meat of it. the code that parses the keys.txt file comes close, but that is insignificant.

b) when I read tinfoil (and some parts of hactool), I based my error strings off of theirs. Are generic error strings a license violation? I do not believe so. The code around the strings, is as different as it could be. Obviously if the service call is doX and the error is "doX failed", they are going to be kind of similar. Almost all of those error messages that match, are from failed libnx service calls which is kind of the same no matter who writes the app.

edit: just to be clear, I never said I used tinfoil's code, I said I read tinfoil's code, and then wrote my app from scratch, copying the processes and such (not the code) from tinfoil.

edit2: my code is extremely OOP oriented, it isnt even possible for me to reasonably modify hactool's code to use as it is extremely c.

Last edited by blawar, Dec 15, 2018
  11. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    United States
    Get over our self . U just make yourself look bad . Plus u won't never see the source code . Get over it and move on.

12. Game_Over_Tom
    This message by Game_Over_Tom has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Dec 15, 2018, Reason: Not an image board.
    Dec 15, 2018
  13. xfighter11

xfighter11 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 18, 2015
    Gambia, The
    So this only works in SX OS? When I try to start on Atmosphère nothing happens.

14. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    Correct. This only works in SX OS

hybrid -x1, xfighter11 and Krenogin like this.
  15. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    Did you really just cherry pick a hypothetical and claim it as if I took that as a personal stance? You're so dumb its difficult to digest and explain how dumb you are. Those were two proposed scenario's, not my personal position. Please learn how to read.
    A - I would like to see the proof of that, where is your source?

B - I would like to see proof of that, where is your source?

I've had my fill of this particular episode so I won't pester you about this subject anymore, but I have to say that you did not really satisfy anything here. You made outlandish claims ....You really think people believe that you are withholding source and just copied the error strings and nothing else? What an obvious and pathetic lie.

This isn't really my crusade, I was just supporting others who matter a lot more to me than you and xecuter. Im done on this subject and the peanut gallery that comes along with it.

Really, the people who step in and comment on these threads show the absolute worst of this community.

ggp5, Garro, linuxares and 3 others like this.
  16. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    This is so true.

Lots and lots of accusations being thrown around. Everyone feels entitled and omniscient.

That's just a recipe for drama.

17. designgears

designgears GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    Ok white knight. Get over yourself.

Also I assumed that was your actual stance given that you're getting support for nsp renaming apps and such.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsp-rename.512989/#post-8180187

Last edited by designgears, Dec 15, 2018
  18. xiaNaix

xiaNaix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2002
    United States
    These arguments about "licenses" are nothing short of ludicrous. Nintendo views all of this stuff, whether it be mods, hacks, roms or emulators as illegal.

https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

Good luck enforcing your "license" on anything.

19. nyder

nyder GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2014
    United States
    Some people can't see the forest because they are too busy beating a dead horse.

Jonna and JoeBloggs777 like this.
  20. systemconfigtoolcorrector

systemconfigtoolcorrector Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    United States

Last edited by systemconfigtoolcorrector, Jun 13, 2019
    JoeBloggs777 likes this.
  21. Volthax

Volthax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    Netherlands Antilles
    TX did not steal any code ever, they buy their code.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted