Team-Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Wow this is some seriously good S**T! Whoever worked behind the scenes on this app I have the upmost admiration for thank you.

andyhappypants likes this.
  2. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    From FTP, HTTP, SD, etc locations that you have configured. It does not download from the CDN and thus cannot get you banned.

3. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    Just checking, had it been the latter would have advised a major disclaimer.

4. GraFfiX420

GraFfiX420 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    Nice job on the installer TX! Quick question, I see no xci support yet, I assume this will have no effect on my ability to load xci through the old menu, correct?

5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Hmm? Good point I would like to know this also is it using your own certificates to grab this contents, if so a ban would be likely.

Last edited by Reecey, Dec 15, 2018
  6. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    will you be supporting installing from a windows SMB share?

7. blawar

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    It has XCI support. If you dont see the XCI window, then it did not find any XCI's. Look in your file browser window for a list of the locations it is looking in. You can also add new locations there.

8. GraFfiX420

GraFfiX420 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 14, 2009
    United States
    I'm looking for split xci for fat32, should have been more clear.

9. morvoran

morvoran GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    Other than the TX theme, is there any difference between this and DZ tinfoil v0.99? Just curious if this is an updated version or if I should just keep tinfoil for now.

10. stewacide

stewacide GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2018
    Canada
    Are you sure? I just installed Gris and checked the download update/dlc check out of curiosity and it proceeded to download a bunch of stuff, although the installed game reports v.1.0

Edit -- It could just be that it calls its installing "downloading" and the install speed "download speed" for some strange reason.

Last edited by stewacide, Dec 15, 2018
  11. blawar

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    I am sure.

12. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    How do you list the SNES, GBA, GBC... roms?

peiboltroxeno and sorabora like this.
  13. Volthax

Volthax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    Netherlands Antilles
    Thank you GaryOPA, good job on the hard work!

Don Jon likes this.
  14. blawar

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    That was indeed a stealth edit.

Tinfoil was re-licensed under MIT, and hactool is licensed under ISC. So your entire argument is moot, even if every line of code from those two apps was used, the licenses permit their use in a closed source app. That said, it has been publicly stated many times the both hactool and tinfoil code was read and drew inspiration from in the creation of the app.

Another point you are missing: you have no idea which developers were contacted or not contacted, and asked if they wanted to be credited in the app. Not everyone *wants* to be credited in every situation. If you can find a developer whose work you believe was used in violation of a software license, please have them post here.

vpd, nccom and mmajunkie77 like this.
  15. tinkle

tinkle taciturn shill girl

Jun 9, 2015
    United States
    So this is a solution hardline for the issue of loading 500+ XCI files and having to wait for it to scan every damn time. Nice!

16. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Does this work with 2.3 SXOS or just with 2,4?

17. x02a

x02a Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Works with 2.3...

18. mixelpixx

mixelpixx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    y0uR m0mz b0x

My god the wah-wah is strong with this one. You do know that multiple people arrive at the same conclusion as to how to achieve a goal - especially in software. Holy hell tho -- what is going on with this crap, you must have NO IDEA who Xecuter is, the resume they have, and as such I would advise you to simmer down. So don't sound very smart, we get it it you want to contribute something --- but this ain't it.

Stolen code? When the Author of said stolen code, comes here -- makes a post all by his/her self, explaining what happened -- i would listen.. but you guys who have zero to do with any of it, contribute nothing, develop nothing, fix, nothing -- and just stir shit wanna post this, Mods should be banning your asses till you can grow up.

nccom, mmajunkie77 and kryptos86 like this.
  19. Volthax

Volthax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    Netherlands Antilles
    About Team-Xecuter, there is a reason SciresM or any other developer (such as Tinfoil) takes no action and keeps their mouth shut.
    Team-Xecuter pays them for their code just like they tried with Retroarch, so no it is no stolen code but paid for.
    Get your facts straight.

20. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Source pls

SaffronXL likes this.