Team-Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.0

garyopa Dec 15, 2018.

1. chrisisx

chrisisx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2014
    Singapore
    Singapore
    is copy/paste function working? because i want to copy some of my XCI from my HDD then paste it to my memory card but it doesnt seems to work.

2. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    files work, directories do not.

3. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    This could do with some updates big time. Copying to and from USB not just form USB to Sd.
    Also FTP into the hard drive not just SD CARD. On the main reasons for using SX PRO is using a USB hard drive to run your XCI from.
    A icon moving icon to show that a copy/transfer/delete process is happening.
    Retroarch keeps crashing on me, Retroarch on its own is fine, not sure I would use roms in SX installer

4. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2017
    United States
    :teach: Be very careful when copying files from USB HDD to your SD card, especially if you are using Ex-FAT. Exiting the app prematurely will cause corruption. Best not to use it at all. Make sure you have a recent backup of your SD card before attempting to use this function.

5. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    corruption is fun, fix it using chkdsk. My sd is corrupted all the time by purpose just for testing.

6. MrGizMo

MrGizMo GBAtemp Fan

Jul 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    SX installers doesnt see NSP's here, but the normal SX OS menu does

Normal?

7. noreason4

noreason4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Is this the same if you use fat32 and copy from SD to SD (just to another folder) and quit early?

8. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    any help here?

9. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2017
    United States
    Fat32 should have less chance of corruption from the reports gathered here, but don't take my word for it. The problem with SX Installer is that currently it has no progress bar - the screen just freeze when copying, some people will just quit the app and caused damaged to their SD card.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Use the latest SXOS to install. Don't use the SX Installer.

10. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    That would happen with any homebrew app that you are copying files with. Don't press the home button at all, especially during file transfers.

11. IpponDatara

IpponDatara Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Germany
    Does this work on fat only?
    Using exfat and the installer doesn’t show up. Files are all placed properly

12. TheGreaKhali

TheGreaKhali Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Where do I find ignore firmware option when installing a game like tinfoil

13. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    its automatic

14. j0k3r0815

j0k3r0815 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2018
    Germany
    Cologne, Germany
    Sorry for qouting my own message, but can pls anyone help me out with that? I tried to copy my update/dlc nsp´s in the meaning folders
    (sdmc:/sxos/dls, sdmc:/sxos/updates, sdmc:/sxos/nsp) but the updates/dlcs are not in the Updates or DLC sideTabs in the SXinstaller. In the
    sxos 2.4 preview video we can saw that on the left sideTabs, there are Updates and DLC Tabs.

15. aj_hix36

aj_hix36 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2007
    United States
    So when I use this installer, then install using the regular sx installer, the regular installer processes stuff that this one didn't catch, sometimes lots of things. Like I was double checking all these nsp updates I had installed and normally if something was installed, it just skips through it very quick. This time it was like it wasn't really installed.

16. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Updates / DLC's will only show if you have the base game installed, and the Updates / DLC are newer than what you have installed.

j0k3r0815 likes this.
  17. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Have you got any more names planned for this project, or is three the magic number?

18. j0k3r0815

j0k3r0815 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2018
    Germany
    Cologne, Germany
    thx for the answer buddy, but is it necessary to put the nsp´s in each folders (dlc´s,updates, or nsp´s), or can I easily put it on the root of my sdCard?

19. S3phi40T

S3phi40T GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2016
    Poland
    Put wherever you want but they (subfolders) have to be mounted as nsp, updates, dlc accordingly in file browser.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

20. mspy

mspy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Brazil
    So when we have a base game and update it to whatever newer version the system will always remember the newer version that we updated the game to even if we completely delete the game and the update as well to reinstall it later on to play again we will always need to install the update again... Devmenu has an option to 'reset' the update data to its original state making the game playable again without the need of updating it. My question is can SX Installer do the same?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted