Team-Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Plunt

Plunt GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2010
    Canada
    Ontario
    To add what SonyUSA said, I've noticed if you're using an installed forwarder for the nro(may just be the one I'm using) it will not properly quit the app hitting B to exit and will reload the app, not saving your settings. My solution for this was opening the nro from sx's app launcher and make your changes then quit the app by pressing B.

Last edited by Plunt, Dec 20, 2018
    Theorem likes this.
  2. noreason4

noreason4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Hey,

I just noticed something weird. I had a game which already had an update of 2.4GB installed. I then installed another update for the same game that had a higher version number and expected the free space of my sd card to change just a little as the updates are incremental.

I installed via SX Installer over FTP.

What happened is, that I now have 2.4GB less free space on my SD. Did SX Installer just copy the files from my FTP, install them and don't delete them afterwards? What can I do now to delete the 2.4GB Update? I can't find the file anywhere on my SD

3. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Horizon should clean that up on its own eventually.

4. noreason4

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Pardon me but what is horizon?

lisko likes this.
  5. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    The switch's operating system

noreason4 likes this.
  6. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Can I just use a big USB stick and either put it directly into the switch with a otg adapter, or into the switch dock and install nsp from this source, with SX installer? So that I don't have to reboot every time and put stuff on the microsd.

7. sanderdsz

sanderdsz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2006
    Brazil
    is there any way that I can transfer files between an external HD connected into the dock, for the switch's SD or internal memory? With the SX Installer.

8. wurstpistole

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Ok I just tried to install an nsp from my USB stick with otg adapter, connected Directly to switch, SX installer won't detect the stick, just shows empty folder. Does it need to be formatted in a certain way? Maybe exfat? Pretty sure it's ntfs.

Edit, äh yeah. Ntfs works. Even directly in SX launcher, not even need for installer.

Last edited by wurstpistole, Dec 20, 2018
    peteruk likes this.
  9. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    So how does installing from https work? Like i can just copy paste a download link and it will start downloading and installing? I dont own sx os but am curious

10. wurstpistole

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Probably, yeah. Need to have a way to host the file tho. Pretty sure direct dropbox links would work (they did with FBI on 3DS), but it's kind of a hassle to enter those links. On 3DS I just created a QR code and scanned it.

Don Jon likes this.
  11. DandareBR

DandareBR Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2016
    Brazil
    Nevermind

Last edited by DandareBR, Dec 21, 2018
  12. noreason4

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Ok so this is definitely a bug. If you install an update via FTP while there you already installed an update for the same game SX INSTALLER does take up the space for the new update completely. It does not free up any space that is not needed for the older update. Strange..

Example:

- Bomberman update 2.0 is 2 GB
    - Update 2.2 is 2.7 GB
    - Game takes up 3.7 GB with Update 2.0 included
    - SX INSTALLER shows 2.8 GB of free space on SD
    - After installation of v2.2 with SX INSTALLER over FTP: Switch settings Show 3.8 GB dir the Game with the update included and free Space on SD shown in settings and SX INSTALLER is 683 MB

13. Cyanopsis

Cyanopsis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2015
    A kind of stupid question maybe, but the retroarch site states when using the N64 core, you better install the NSP of retroarch because of memory limitations in devmenu. Is that still true when launching retroarch within SX or is it a completely different thing? Can I use the nro instead, for N64?

14. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    Can you copy from SD card to USB ?
    Also I have hooked my nas via FTP can see files, but when I try to copy them across they don’t seem to come across

15. lisko

lisko Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2018
    Italy
    I successfully copy my xci from my nas ftp to sd card, and also install nsp directly from there (all connected using ethernet ~40MB/s). Keep in mind that when copying files there are no signs; the ui will freeze during the copy and will unlock when it finishes.

16. RichKK

RichKK GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2015
    United Kingdom
    It's still true, n64 games for now need the nsp version to perform adequately. SX Installer should maybe have an option where you can direct the forwarder yourself rather than it just looking in default locations and finding the nro.

17. Cyanopsis

Cyanopsis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2015
    Thanks man!

18. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    It is not a bug, all title installer's do this. Horizon should eventually delete the files. Though it is possible to delete the files immediately to free the space up more quickly.

19. noreason4

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Do you know how I can clean it up immediately? I had this issue with Splatton 2 and Super Bomberman. I completely deleted Super Bomberman and installed only the game and the newest update. The deletion of the game though the settings App freed up the space I lost. This did not work for Splatton 2 though. There are still roughly 2.4 GB missing. Thanks :)

20. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    SX installer doesn't let me install my nsp files from usb, it's a flash drive with exfat
    my microSD card on switch is FAT32
    when i try to install it says NCA error.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted