Team-Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 15, 2018.

1. TheGreaKhali

TheGreaKhali Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    What does it mean find updates and dlc on Nut server. Does this mean we can finally update games easily like the good old CDNSP

2. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    SonyUSA is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    I know you can use rclone + a mini ftp, I was able to do that to connect to my google drive and it worked great, got about 5MBps on the Switch during install (gigabit connection). This looks like a google drive to ftp bridge as well and it works with dz which is just the unbranded/older version of SX installer so I dont see why it wouldnt work.

3. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    If you go to the original thread you posted that’s the error I am getting. Do you copy exactly what’s in cmd box too locations.conf? I have to make the conf file myself there is not one standard? In the folder.

4. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    I created it inside the app.. File Browser and press New then select FTP and type in all the info. There will be a locations.conf in your folder that gets generated on first launch. Try deleting the one you made and then making the connection from inside the app, thats probably why its crashing.

Last edited by SonyUSA, Dec 17, 2018
  5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    I’ve tried again but it still won’t work I’ve put all the details in correctly in the locations.conf file but it now just errors out in the installer with out of time connection. I’ve set it up first in the installer put it ftp, email address of google drive port 8888, password of google drive saved that gone back into the locations.conf put all the server details in but no joy, it won’t connect its a shame I would of liked to get this working it would of been very useful.

When you type in this part “url”: “ftp://.... should there be a space between> : “ or > :”

Last edited by Reecey, Dec 17, 2018
  6. Awstoned

Awstoned Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2018
    United States
    i keep getting something about magic nca cant open nsp yada yada
    can someone help

7. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Updated to newest released check

Update to 6.2 check

Go onto an iso site and grab some ftp links add them to tx check

Download and play a backup i own check

Seems like a solid update

8. danfozzy85

danfozzy85 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2018
    Barbados
    Anyone got a nsp forwarder for this?

9. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    United States
    Wombleton likes this.
  10. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Uh no... you're doing it all wrong... you put the username and password of the ftp server you are connecting to, not your email and password...

11. frostii

frostii GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2009
    United States
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks for the reply.
    Turns out using another flash drive solved the problem. Seems certain flash drives are 'temperamental'.....
    Finally, I don't need to take my SD card out ever again mwah ha ha!!!!

gizmomelb and SonyUSA like this.
  12. InvisibleH8

InvisibleH8 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2018
    Canada
    Hey everybody I have been playing with the installer and it's great.
    I pack all my games, dlc and updates into a single XCI which I keep on my ext HDD. It's easier this way, especially with multiple Switchs. Being able to move the games I am currently playing from the HDD to SDMC without a pc is fucking awesome, ty TX. I could never go back to splitting or installing NSPs, too many games at this point, would be impossible.

Most of you guys are using FAT32 because of homebrew and have to cut up XCIs or install everything as an NSP. Now that we can create scanned directories (which is awesome) we should be able to, in theory, build our sd cards with both a fat32 and extfat partition, right?

So basically you have SDMC fat32 main partition and a exfat partition for strictly XCI files. I guess to setup emunand you would first set it up, then delete and resize the partition that isn't created for emunand.

You can point the installer to the exfat partition for XCIs and still run homebrew on fat32 all on the same microsd card. Hopefully.

I am going to test this out now and report back.

13. placebooooo

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Hey dude!

I just started playing with sx installer and have no clue how to use it.

I though I could use it to install updates and dlc for my nps/xci games? For example, I want to update breath of the wild and download some DLC for it, but I get an error in sx installer. I though that sx installer would automatically download the latest update file and any requested DLC? Am I missing something? Do I have to put the updates on my sd card and then install them with sx installer? if then, I feel like that defeats the purpose :(

think you could help out?

p.s: I have absolutely no idea where to get the updates/dlc files from. scavenged online but no luck.

14. InvisibleH8

InvisibleH8 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2018
    Canada
    It won't update games like CDN as stated multiple times. It will if you add the directory, and the IP or URL or whatever. You can direct it to an FTP or use NUT and it will auto update games if those updates are present in the directories.
    I dload everything and install it manually, that is the way to go. Zelda runs no problem with all updates.

15. placebooooo

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    I have two .n64 roms in an n64 folder on the root of my sd. I navigate to the game through sx installer and hit "A", but nothing happens. The game doesn't load up. Is there anything else I need?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have no idea what FTP or nut is :(

16. Mikep90

Mikep90 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    whats the playstation rom folder

17. InvisibleH8

InvisibleH8 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2018
    Canada
    My n64 roms are in zip format, as they came, it finds them fine.
    Use the original file you have, not extracted.

18. placebooooo

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    tried .n64 (extracted) and zipped format.

I can find the games in the sx installer, but they just don't open. Nothing happens when I click "A". Do I have to have retroarch installed?

19. RichKK

RichKK GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Yes.

gizmomelb likes this.
  20. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 18, 2007
    Australia
    Hi mate what do you use to pack your games into a single XCI file?