Team-Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.0

It was teased in the 'Features Showcase' video released by TX earlier this week, but now its available to download!
SX_Installer_App.jpg

As you all know by now, when TX released their SX OS v2.4 earlier this week, there was a video released alongside it, and in it people quickly noticed there was a new app called 'SX Installer', well it was not fully ready then, but now is available for all to enjoy! :)
After a successful SX OS launch earlier this week (to support firmware v6.2) many of our users were asking where the SX Installer was that was teased in our new 'Features Showcase' video that was also released. :)

With great excitement we present to you SX Installer v1.0 – Now Available for download at: –> sx.xecuter.com

This full featured app takes care of installs and so much more! In fact, an overview manual is now being prepared along with screenshots and detailed information on how you can better utilize all of the features we have packed into it.

This manual will be available on our SX Portal page when it is completed, in the meantime we have opened up a dedicated 'support forum' for the app, and have decided to release it now, to get it in the hands of our loyal SX OS users so you can right away start enjoying the many functions and features it has to offer.

Basically, at its core SX Installer is an advanced NSP Installer, that allows you to simply list, view, in one easy step, automatically install all your NSPs, along with the matching Game Updates, and DLC Packages, and these can be search and grabbed from many locations, including: FTP, HTTP, NUT Server (separate app on your PC), SD, USB HDD and NAND.

But that is not all it can do, as you can see from the quick overview below of the main functions. SX Installer has the ability to directly launch XCI games, and even launch your Classic Retro 'Game ROMs' for various different emulators installed, and of course your favorite homebrew apps. It even has a built-in file browser!
SX1.jpg SX2.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: (currently .xci launching is only supported in firmware 5.x or below – 6.x support is on it's way!)

To get started, unpack the downloaded sxinstaller.zip and move all of the contents to the root of your SD card. The "sx.nro" file should be stored in /switch/sx/

Below is just a quick overview of the main functions of our SX Installer App:
  • Ability to show titles in table view, or icon cover view.
  • Install NSP's from FTP, HTTP, NUT, SD, USB HDD, and NAND.
  • Ignores firmware requirement when installing.
  • Ability to queue multiple title installs.
  • Ability to search titles.
  • Ability to list and delete tickets.
  • Ability to export all title keys installed on the system.
  • Ability to overclock to install faster in some situations.
  • UI Translation into 12 languages.
  • Title meta-data translation into 12 languages.
  • Downloads and displays game artwork (internet connection required).
  • Ability to list, view, and delete application records (lets you uncleanly forcibly uninstall a DLC or update)
  • Ability to list installed titles, and launch them (launching is 5.x and below only)
  • Ability to list XCI's mount them, and auto-launch (launching is 5.x and below only)
  • Ability to list and install new games available, with the option to install all new games
  • Ability to automatically install the latest patch and all DLC with a game.
  • Ability to protect users from running malicious unsigned code accidentally by blocking all unsigned code installation unless explicitly enabled.
  • Ability to list and install newer updates available for your game(s), with the option to install all updates
  • Ability to list and install newer DLC available for your game(s), with the option to install all DLC
  • Ability to list all incomplete installs (like when the SD gets corrupted, or you swap SD cards without copying data), with option to reinstall all of them.
  • Ability to list and launch NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA, SMS, SG, SCD, GG, and SG1000 RetroArch games.
  • List and launch Homebrew apps
  • File browser that lets you explore your file systems, delete files (SD only), and copy files (only SD is writable)
That's it for now! Have fun diving into all the cool features this app has to offer. Keep your eyes peeled for the full manual. It will be posted as soon as it's ready! :)

–< Team-Xecuter – Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >–

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: added missing 'feature' --> [*]Ignores firmware requirement when installing.

TheGreaKhali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What does it mean find updates and dlc on Nut server. Does this mean we can finally update games easily like the good old CDNSP

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on about the switch error booting the installer up, not windows related. @SonyUSA thanks for your help I will have another go in a while but does this google drive connection actually work with the sx installer version?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes that’s what’s happening I’m trying to use the windows Google drive connection I have set the steps up correctly put the locations. conf in switch/sx/.. but when I boot the installer app back up it errors on the switch screen I have to hard reset.

@blawar couple of other issues as well the app doesn’t seem to find all my nsp on the route so I have to go too sdmc install that way also even though I select delete nsp after install it doesn’t do it? I was using dragon ball xenoverse dlc & update it would not work for them I’m not sure if you can replicate the nsp install your end but seems to be an issue. It also sits on the installing screen you have to go back with B?

I know you can use rclone + a mini ftp, I was able to do that to connect to my google drive and it worked great, got about 5MBps on the Switch during install (gigabit connection). This looks like a google drive to ftp bridge as well and it works with dz which is just the unbranded/older version of SX installer so I dont see why it wouldnt work.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I know you can use rclone + a mini ftp, I was able to do that to connect to my google drive and it worked great, got about 5MBps on the Switch during install (gigabit connection). This looks like a google drive to ftp bridge as well and it works with dz which is just the unbranded/older version of SX installer so I dont see why it wouldnt work.
If you go to the original thread you posted that’s the error I am getting. Do you copy exactly what’s in cmd box too locations.conf? I have to make the conf file myself there is not one standard? In the folder.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go to the original thread you posted that’s the error I am getting. Do you copy exactly what’s in cmd box too locations.conf? I have to make the conf file myself there is not one standard? In the folder.

I created it inside the app.. File Browser and press New then select FTP and type in all the info. There will be a locations.conf in your folder that gets generated on first launch. Try deleting the one you made and then making the connection from inside the app, thats probably why its crashing.

Last edited by SonyUSA,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I created it inside the app.. File Browser and press New then select FTP and type in all the info. There will be a locations.conf in your folder that gets generated on first launch. Try deleting the one you made and then making the connection from inside the app, thats probably why its crashing.
I’ve tried again but it still won’t work I’ve put all the details in correctly in the locations.conf file but it now just errors out in the installer with out of time connection. I’ve set it up first in the installer put it ftp, email address of google drive port 8888, password of google drive saved that gone back into the locations.conf put all the server details in but no joy, it won’t connect its a shame I would of liked to get this working it would of been very useful.

When you type in this part “url”: “ftp://.... should there be a space between> : “ or > :”

Last edited by Reecey,

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Updated to newest released check

Update to 6.2 check

Go onto an iso site and grab some ftp links add them to tx check

Download and play a backup i own check

Seems like a solid update

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve tried again but it still won’t work I’ve put all the details in correctly in the locations.conf file but it now just errors out in the installer with out of time connection. I’ve set it up first in the installer put it ftp, email address of google drive port 8888, password of google drive saved that gone back into the locations.conf put all the server details in but no joy, it won’t connect its a shame I would of liked to get this working it would of been very useful.

When you type in this part “url”: “ftp://.... should there be a space between> : “ or > :”

Uh no... you're doing it all wrong... you put the username and password of the ftp server you are connecting to, not your email and password...

InvisibleH8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everybody I have been playing with the installer and it's great.
I pack all my games, dlc and updates into a single XCI which I keep on my ext HDD. It's easier this way, especially with multiple Switchs. Being able to move the games I am currently playing from the HDD to SDMC without a pc is fucking awesome, ty TX. I could never go back to splitting or installing NSPs, too many games at this point, would be impossible.

Most of you guys are using FAT32 because of homebrew and have to cut up XCIs or install everything as an NSP. Now that we can create scanned directories (which is awesome) we should be able to, in theory, build our sd cards with both a fat32 and extfat partition, right?

So basically you have SDMC fat32 main partition and a exfat partition for strictly XCI files. I guess to setup emunand you would first set it up, then delete and resize the partition that isn't created for emunand.

You can point the installer to the exfat partition for XCIs and still run homebrew on fat32 all on the same microsd card. Hopefully.

I am going to test this out now and report back.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pack all my games, dlc and updates into a single XCI which I keep on my ext HDD. It's easier this way, especially with multiple Switchs. Being able to move the games I am currently playing from the HDD to SDMC without a pc is fucking awesome, ty TX. I could never go back to splitting or installing NSPs, too many games at this point, would be impossible.

Most of you guys are using FAT32 because of homebrew and have to cut up XCIs or install everything as an NSP. Now that we can create scanned directories (which is awesome) we should be able to, in theory, build our sd cards with both a fat32 and extfat partition, right?

So basically you have SDMC fat32 main partition and a exfat partition for strictly XCI files. I guess to setup emunand you would first set it up, then delete and resize the partition that isn't created for emunand.

You can point the installer to the exfat partition for XCIs and still run homebrew on fat32 all on the same microsd card. Hopefully.

Hey dude!

I just started playing with sx installer and have no clue how to use it.

I though I could use it to install updates and dlc for my nps/xci games? For example, I want to update breath of the wild and download some DLC for it, but I get an error in sx installer. I though that sx installer would automatically download the latest update file and any requested DLC? Am I missing something? Do I have to put the updates on my sd card and then install them with sx installer? if then, I feel like that defeats the purpose :(

think you could help out?

p.s: I have absolutely no idea where to get the updates/dlc files from. scavenged online but no luck.

InvisibleH8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey dude!

I just started playing with sx installer and have no clue how to use it.

I though I could use it to install updates and dlc for my nps/xci games? For example, I want to update breath of the wild and download some DLC for it, but I get an error in sx installer. I though that sx installer would automatically download the latest update file and any requested DLC? Am I missing something? Do I have to put the updates on my sd card and then install them with sx installer? if then, I feel like that defeats the purpose :(

think you could help out?

p.s: I have absolutely no idea where to get the updates/dlc files from. scavenged online but no luck.

It won't update games like CDN as stated multiple times. It will if you add the directory, and the IP or URL or whatever. You can direct it to an FTP or use NUT and it will auto update games if those updates are present in the directories.
I dload everything and install it manually, that is the way to go. Zelda runs no problem with all updates.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sdmc:/nes/
sdmc:/snes/
sdmc:/n64/
sdmc:/gb/
sdmc:/gba/
sdmc:/sms/
sdmc:/sg/
sdmc:/scd/
sdmc:/gg/
sdmc:/sg1000/
I have two .n64 roms in an n64 folder on the root of my sd. I navigate to the game through sx installer and hit "A", but nothing happens. The game doesn't load up. Is there anything else I need?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It won't update games like CDN as stated multiple times. It will if you add the directory, and the IP or URL or whatever. You can direct it to an FTP or use NUT and it will auto update games if those updates are present in the directories.
I dload everything and install it manually, that is the way to go. Zelda runs no problem with all updates.

I have no idea what FTP or nut is :(

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Hi mate what do you use to pack your games into a single XCI file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment