Team-Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 15, 2018.

1. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    That is not correct, no-one used any tinfoil code. I answered your question, you just do not seem happy about it because I didnt admit to killing Jimmy Hoffa.

2. shanefromoz
    This message by shanefromoz has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 20, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Dec 16, 2018
  3. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    So how to add roms? Add them directly to root of SD card?

Also installing from external usb, can sx installer install nsp from the USB?

4. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    sdmc:/nes/
    sdmc:/snes/
    sdmc:/n64/
    sdmc:/gb/
    sdmc:/gba/
    sdmc:/sms/
    sdmc:/sg/
    sdmc:/scd/
    sdmc:/gg/
    sdmc:/sg1000/

aos10 and Game_Over_Tom like this.
  5. iriez
    This message by iriez has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 20, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Dec 16, 2018
  6. blawar
    This message by blawar has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 20, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Dec 16, 2018
  7. iriez
    This message by iriez has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 20, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Dec 16, 2018
  8. AnalogMan
    This message by AnalogMan has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 20, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Dec 16, 2018
  9. lolboy
    This message by lolboy has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 20, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Dec 16, 2018
  10. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 18, 2007
    Australia
    Question.
    Ifi have switch roms on a usb harddrive plugged into my dock and plug switch into dock can i use sxox loader to transfer to internal switch sd card

11. iriez
    Dec 16, 2018
  12. Game_Over_Tom
    This message by Game_Over_Tom has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 20, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Dec 16, 2018
  13. iriez
    Dec 16, 2018
  14. Mthodmn101
    This message by Mthodmn101 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 20, 2018, Reason: Off topic / bickering.
    Dec 16, 2018
  15. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    What? Of course you can write code inspired by another project without copying it. If I want to port a C++ or Java app to Python, I can draw inspiration and literally cannot copy their code. Not to mentioned with consoles like the Switch that uses system calls to the OS for things, there's only so many w-- you know what? No. I'm not getting dragged into this. I don't know what you're doing or why, if you find this entertaining or if it's some sort of compulsive crusade, but you're not pulling me into it. Blocked.

iriez likes this.
  16. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    I am just tired of the incessant nitpicking at TX.
    I have a right to defend TX and any developer if I so choose.

hybrid -x1 likes this.
  17. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    That is quite a high fucking horse hes managed to climb upon isnt it..

gizmomelb likes this.
  18. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Just tried this app on my Switch, 6.2, SX OS 2.4 Beta - it opens up and basically freezes at "Checking for updates sdmc:/Switch/Sx/DB/TITLES.us.en.json
    (this file is not even present)
    It doesn't go further than that. Any fix?

19. AnalogMan

AnalogMan ultraSuMoFramework Dev

Apr 20, 2007
    United States
    It's connecting to the internet to download the file. Seems to have a high time out period. Is your Switch connected to internet? It should be as long as you have Stealth mode enabled.

20. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    It is/has
    a) super banned
    b) stealth mode active
    c) DNS90 set

21. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    how about PS1?

22. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    sdmc:/ps1/

From those examples it should be pretty obvious what PS1 is.

23. yonasz

yonasz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2015
    Poland
    sdmc:/PSX/

24. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Or it could be that.

25. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    hmm, i just made a folder ps1 and put a rom inside it, but it's not showing on SX installer menu.
    i made sg folder and i see "Sega Genesis" menu.

26. S3phi40T

S3phi40T GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2016
    Poland
    Verify capital letters.
    Remember it's Linux so it actually matters.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi Note 4 przy użyciu Tapatalka

27. xiaNaix

xiaNaix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2002
    United States
    Since many of you are are new to "the scene," I used to be the owner and administrator of PSX-SCENE and several sites before that. When Sony went after Geohot (and others) for the PS3 hack and subsequent modchip products they tried to use posts from my forum as the bulk of evidence in their case. I talked to a lot of lawyers and even the EFF during that period of time. There's plenty that went on that has never been made public even to this day. Let me spell this all out in a way that, hopefully, you can all finally understand.

As I said in a previous post, Nintendo makes no distinction between homebrew and piracy. Nintendo makes no distinction between exploits and piracy. Nintendo makes no distinction between emulators and piracy. These are all considered illegal activities in the eyes of Nintendo, who are just as likely to go after members of Switchbrew as they are the authors of these "homebrew" apps on Github or the admins of GBATemp or the developers of Retroarch or Team Xecuter. And they are far more aggressive in protecting intellectual property rights than Sony. So, by all means, keep drawing attention to yourselves. You can argue about licenses, stolen code, and some sort of honor system or moral code that has never and will never exist in the "homebrew" community until you turn blue. There is no such thing as a "license" for any code used in any of this stuff that would stand up in court of law. If you end up there, I can assure you it will not be to protect your "license."

28. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    seems good, just 2 questions:
    1.-Is this a stolen Homebrew?
    2.-Can this install XCI? When I select a XCI it just loads it

29. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    so, it's "psx" not "PSX"

i ran the game but it say there is no bios, isn't rearmed emulate the bios?
    i can download the bios files, but where should i put them?

mindyoursoul likes this.
  30. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    1. It isn't proven it's stolen homebrew but it probably is. I don't see TX writing a N64 and PSX emulator.
    2. No. It isn't an XCI to NSP converter.