Team-Xecuter Presents SX INSTALLER v1.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Dec 15, 2018.

1. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2007
    You don't say?

NeoSlyde likes this.
  2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    Kept saying invalid nca when I tried to install the smash dlc from Super_Smash_Bros_Ultimate_Fighters_Pass_DLC_Unlocker_NSW-VENOM, used the built in installer installer and went fine, (on 6.2 with 1.2.0 smash update)
    also the "delete after" function doesn't seem to work as the nsp's are still on the card

Last edited by Joe88, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    It has nothing to do with “appreciating” individuals involved in the nsw scene! what I am getting at is appreciate what everyone puts forward for the nsw scene and let the end users decide on what they want to appreciate, if the end user wants to buy sxos products let them appreciate sxos, if they want to use Atmosphere then let them appreciate Atmosphere don’t go to threads like these and tell users why they shouldn’t bother because “it’s already been done” so what if they have bought TX products then if they have then they do appreciate the hard work that is put in by team xecuter to roll out new updates and let me tell you they do put plenty of long hours into making sxos better for the consumer so let them decide and by the way sucking “d**ks” all round and TX headquarteres is nothing new, did you not know that? that’s how they recruit new team members! It’s a quite well known fact nothing new there. Nothing wrong in trying a bit of c**k, it gets very boring being straight!

Last edited by Reecey, Dec 16, 2018
    thaikhoa and BATMAN- like this.
  4. noreason4

noreason4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Does anyone have an idea where the installation via FTP is hidden? Can't find it anywhere..

5. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    SonyUSA is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
  6. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    The delete after bug will be fixed in the next update. All "unlocker's" are junk NSP's, and should be avoided. Venom should be publicly shamed for even releasing such trash. That said, it should still install as long as you enable "install unsigned code".

Joe88 likes this.
  7. noreason4

noreason4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Could you please elaborate on why Unlockers are junk NSPs? Whats wrong with them?

8. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    They aren't real Nintendo archives, so they will fail verification, they are just jumbles of (patched) files stuck together in a package.

Edit: and could contain malware.

9. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    isn't an 'unlocker' just dlc? what else could it be?
    you install the dlc/the unlocker, and the dlc is unlocked.
    i thought sometimes the word 'unlocker' is in the filename, sometimes not?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but what happens if they are real nintendo archives?
    or, can we not have real dlc nsps for switch? (we had them for 3ds and they were fine, they could be real etc)
    maybe switch works differently

10. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    I think he means hand made unlockers, and not real DLC .cia's like on 3DS. Handmade ones could contain malicious code, I guess?

11. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    ok well that applies to every handmade nsp though.

12. crimpshrine

crimpshrine GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2014
    United States
    I thought DZ does not allow install of NSP's that fail signature check? If that is the case, then it is not just a new paint job.

Some people dump on TX. But to be fair they make it really simple. You don't need to generate key files with other apps and other steps just to use their installer, you don't have to keep track of all the drama to determine what app is what. You just copy it over and your done. It just works for the most part.

DarthDub, coppertj and cearp like this.
  13. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States

So real nintendo DLC:
    a) has a real valid title id
    b) is signed by nintendo, and can be verified as such so you know it contains no malicious code.

The problem is:
    a) unlockers create new junk title id's to install on your system.
    b) they arent signed by nintendo
    c) they are extremely easy for nintendo and the game developer to determine its fake dlc and gimp the game. There has been at least one instance I have heard of, of a game developer looking for hacks.

I am guessing the reason the scene groups do this is vanity:
    a) to discourage other groups from copying their releases.
    b) make it appear as though they are actually doing work rather than just basically publishing title keys, especially when a lot of these groups just grab public title keys and "release"
    c) its possible they dont want to buy the DLC to get the title key, so they RE'd the game to see which placeholder files its looking for to enable the DLC.

Either way its garbage, and they should be publicly shamed for it. Suxxors is another bad example of this.

14. cearp

cearp 瓜老外

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    @blawar so you are 100% confident that ALL of the scene unlocker nsps are not real signed nsps like from cdn - similar to the games?

15. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    If it says "unlocker", it is junk. 100%

16. mspy

mspy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Brazil
    My wanted features request for this app:

-Make it as an NSP file so we can install and access it via the main switch menu.

-Sorting options (by name, by date, etc).

-Tab management, show and hide desirable and unwanted tabs on the game list and please add firmware and trimmed tab so we can know which game require what firmware and which are trimmed or not. Developer/publisher tab would also be welcome.

-Add renaming files.

-Support for split files.

-Firmware update, restore and backup like ChoiDujour.

-Savedata backup and restore like checkpoint because why not.

-Scan entire directory for game files (example: /sxos/xci/FOLDER WITH GAME NAME/gamefile.xci instead of /sxos/xci/gamefile.xci) so as you can see the directory will very according to the game name on the folder.

17. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    it already does sorting, press the + button.

18. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    It wont work for me the switch errors out booting the installer up. Good idea!

19. mspy

mspy Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Brazil
    OK thx!

But then the app should differentiate a 'bad' release from a 'fake' release that can actually damage your switch.

20. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    A quick question, what do you do with the decrypted prodinfo.bin which is saved in the same location when launching sx installer? Thanks.

TheGreaKhali likes this.