Team-Xecuter Presents 'SX Dumper' v1.0.3

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Bst22322

Bst22322 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2018
    United States
    I tried downloading sxdumper.nro and it does not work with atmosphere I am guessing this is sxos exclusive with version 2.0.0 deleted

2. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    wait, didn't you ask if the reason why WAIN card dumper 2.0 thread deleted was because TX released this tool or not?
    and I answered, no it's not deleted. it's merged here

or did I just misunderstood your question?

Bst22322 likes this.
  3. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Jul 17, 2014
    Germany
    Nintendo works for my dad
  4. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    of my wife yes.

5. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    magico29 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

6. Mrbigamateur1

Mrbigamateur1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I’m in need of some help please..

I had sxos pro 2.2.1 set up on my switch, on latest ofw 6.1.0 with the exfat update. All working fine and had dumped my 3 game carts with the dumper by dark matter core, all was well.

After realising that I couldn’t use retroarch and other Homebrew due to the risk of sd corruption on exfat I decided to switch to fat 32 and redump carts to split the xci.

After formatting to fat32 32 cluster size And setting up again. time I used sx game dumper 1.0.1 to dump the carts. Set the options to split, trim and without cert. after dumping to about 1.95gb it crashed and stopped dumping but without any error message.

Aside from the problem with not being able to dump. The main reason for this post is that my console is now struggling to read the game carts in cfw. Inserting up to 10 times, restarting the console, still won’t read them. However in ofw they seam to read fine. I’ve tried formatting console and sd and setting up again. No luck. Any ideas?

For anyone that is able to help, after lots of messing and formatting, swapping sd cards, restoring nand etc. I’ve deduced that, the console reads the game carts perfectly fine when in ofw and also when I run the sxos payload through the dongle with only the boot.dat file and the Nintendo folder on the sd card. However as soon as the licsence.dat file is on the sd card it doesn’t read game carts 99% of the time, and comes up with the error message from Nintendo saying that the game carts can’t be read, there may be a problem with the console or the cart.

Anybody any ideas on this? I’m completely perplexed

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Mrbigamateur1, Nov 17, 2018
  7. evilone

evilone GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2017
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I feel they should Merge the Dumper with SX OS, this would make more sense instead of a seperate app :)

8. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    For the first time ever, they released something useful for the public for free, and you want to take this one good thing they did away...

9. evilone

evilone GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2017
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    I paid my SX OS :P Other people also can us SX OS for free, except some loading stuff.. so everyhting is fine :)

But yes, i understand what you mean.

10. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    i'll say it before and i'll say it again modding your switch so early is just stupid. It's like your asking to get your console fucked up!

11. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    I have the exact same problem, think there is a bug in the 1.0.1 Version.
    After that i could dump it with Wain itself but not with the sx homebrew.
    Reportet it to xecuter, hope they fix it soon. Ciuld try to fix it by myself but for this the souce code would be needed.

12. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Most likely it is bug in fat32 splitting. -- I think we forgot to test that, all the testers were testing to exfat and usb hdd. -- I will get WAIN to look at the fat32/split bug this weekend.

noX1609 likes this.
  13. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Great thanks for your answer.
    Don‘t think it‘s a big problem because with WAINDumper itself it‘s working without a problem.

14. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    SX Dumper v 1.0.2 is released now on sx os website.

15. garyopa
    OP

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Yeah, i little sleeply today, just getting to all the news posts now.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

SX Dumper Update has been released, first post has the new changelog details, but here it is:

Another day at TX headquarters and another release, this time around just small quick bug-fix to their SX Dumper app. :)
    --< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--

DownwardSpyral likes this.
  16. danfozzy85

danfozzy85 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2018
    Barbados
    The link on the sx website for 1.02 still points to the 1.01 release. They re uploaded the 1.01 by mistake?

Last edited by danfozzy85, Nov 19, 2018
  17. garyopa
    OP

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Untitled.
    works for me, check the screenshot above, clear your browser cache

18. Mikep90

Mikep90 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2018
    United States
    every time i download the 1.0.2 version it still downloads v 1.0.1/ Anybody have the v 1.0.2

19. danfozzy85

danfozzy85 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2018
    Barbados
    I thought the same. It is 1.02 but they haven't changed the version number from 1.01 within the nro

20. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Juhu great then i can use there tool in the future :)
    Now only one big problem (except the 6.2 problem of course ;)) is that the cover etc. is not shown if xci are splitted. Loading the games work but i have to circle through all games to find the right one because most of the Games i have are card2 and so the white cover picture :(