Hacking Team Xecuter OFFLINE websites.

ChronoTrig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not blocking the chip, if Nintendo did another firmware update and if it broke SX it would need updating and if TX was finished. who would do the update?

Ohhh, sorry, yeah, that makes sense.. Which is why SX had to do an update each and every time Nintendo released a new firmware update. Brain fart. lol thanks for the refresh!

MomZo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
According to TX forum admins, SX devs are still out there, probably in China, and they are confident in a quick SX OS update after Nin... releases their new firmware.
Let's hope so for all SX OS users, even if there are still plenty of great games which are playable until FW10.2.0 included.

AldathLeCarde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
According to TX forum admins, SX devs are still out there, probably in China, and they are confident in a quick SX OS update after Nin... releases their new firmware.
Let's hope so for all SX OS users, even if there are still plenty of great games which are playable until FW10.2.0 included.

Well, their website has been down for quite some days now...

SoCALCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap! Just as I was looking forward on soldiering my SX Lite chip on a Switch Lite.

I guess I have no choice but to wait, and see what happens with the Xecuter link in the following days, or weeks.

I'm sure they will return soon with a completely different name, link, so us chip owners could be able to activate the Chips...

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, their website has been down for quite some days now...
Crap! Just as I was looking forward on soldiering my SX Lite chip on a Switch Lite.

I guess I have no choice but to wait, and see what happens with the Xecuter link in the following days, or weeks.

I'm sure they will return soon with a completely different name, link, so us chip owners could be able to activate the Chips...
It's been up and down during that time. Not just down the entire time.

SX_OS on telegram actually records the up and down time and reports on it and gives notifications on when it's back up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

k1ng_f1sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it would honestly be good if TX could provide a alternative way of activating SX Core in the event that their website is down

SoCALCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile, at TX offices...

It looks like the TX Crew temporarily danced their way out of jail, because their website is back up and running. ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it would honestly be good if TX could provide a alternative way of activating SX Core in the event that their website is down
I agree with you 100% that they should have an alternative link for activation only...

MomZo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Their website is unstable for weeks now, but who cares? The only thing which matters is will we have or not a quick SX OS update when Big N is releasing a new firmware!

ombus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people who dont use sxos lose their shit when sxos pages go down i dont want to think how will they react if atmo is down ever...

Reactions: ChronoTrig

penguinslovebana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly think this will be a dog an pony show for the DoJ to look like they are taking a hard stand, but in reality they don't really have any legitimate evidence. A person can be indicted on the most minimal of evidence, the threshold is quite low. Proving their case in trail though will be a whole other matter. The issue of who owns your consoles and what you can do with them goes back decades to the gameshark on NES. Precedent has always been that you own the console and the physical hardware and have the right to do with it as you please, however the manufacturer has the right bar you from official "services" if you modify your system. If this were not the case, every PC would be illegal because they all have the ability to potentially obtain copyrighted material and consumers would be forbidden to modify either the hardware or software from the manufacturer's spec. Just because a modification give one the ability to pirate games doesn't make them illegal. Think about CD, DVD, BD writable drives. This issue has been fought in court many times and it has always erred on the side of the consumer. The only real evidence of wrongdoing they could possibly convict on would be if they found TX in possession of copyrighted material on their servers whether it be in the form of games or code, ie the system bios is usually a copyrighted work. From the 3 news blasts I read, which were almost word for word identical, thanks DoJ, it called TX a team of game pirates. Now I have used TX products all the way back to the original Xbox and I never saw pirated material on their website, although I never specifically looked for it their either, I was always looking for documentation. Even then after its all said and done with if they are found guilty I'm sure the government would much rather have a nice hefty "fine" on their books as opposed to the approx $40,000 a year it cost to incarcerate someone. This is the manner in which a majority of intellectual property offenses are handled. Hell guys that flat out steal millions of dollars don't even see much jail time anymore. I honestly doubt this is a DoJ top priority, they probably came under a lot of pressure from a senator//congressman who is a large beneficiary of the video game industry, there are much much more important things to deal with right now.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only real evidence of wrongdoing they could possibly convict on would be if they found TX in possession of copyrighted material on their servers whether it be in the form of games or code, ie the system bios is usually a copyrighted work.

The XCI loading software itself contains copyrighted Nintendo code, though I don't know if that is going to be relevant or proven in court.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gonna love it when the next update blocks them