Hacking Team-Xecuter coming to Nintendo Switch!

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well with more competition... it will just drive these devs to make better releases and faster-er updates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
well with more competition... it will just drive these devs to make better releases and faster-er updates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder how they could make it better, most of the CFW stuff will work on 1.0, while this thing will propably work for every versions.

But downside: hardware modification, so not everyone will install it.

Last edited by Arck,

tnt2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i do not understand the hat towards xt, this is their business model, i understand that, don't expect someone to work for free, and if they can provide a solution then people will be glad to pay to some extent, though i am most intrested in the "future proof" concept. plus we all want to play newer games too :D

deported

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Be very wary of this.
This is not the original Team Xecuter this is another Max Louarn scam like the ps4 game swap chip.
The original Team X ceased to exist several years ago and the website was sold to Max.
This device will not be support nor up-gradable and work after a new firmware release from the big N

Reactions: SLiV3R and Kioku

Sodapopcan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these complaints dude

If you don’t have money to buy hacks then wait for software solution above 3.0 if anything ever does come.

If you can’t solder spend the 15 minutes on YouTube and learn the equipment can be bought at Walmart for less than 10 dollars.

If you just plain don’t like mod chips then wait and stop bashing the individuals trying to sell hardmods to willing buyers because they do exist and don’t tell me people aren’t willing to hardmod because we have a whole market of custom joycon shells because people are willing to crack open 2 controllers and take them completely apart just to have purple joycons.

EDIT: Also if you don’t want to “risk” your 300 dollars you should understand fully that early software hacks can brick just as easy as you can botch a mod chip. If you are afraid of messing up that badly then you shouldn’t even touch the early hack scene findings because risk comes from software just as easy as hardware. Go look at the early psp scene or all of the closed 3ds bricks. Yes I understand we can fix some of those now but those fixes can take years to find.

Last edited by Sodapopcan,
Reactions: Don Jon
D

Deleted User

Read this this morning but haven't been able to reply until now.

My thoughts? INTERESTING!

Software solution for those who are 3.0.0 and below for free, Hardware solution for 3.0.1 and above..... until software based solutions appear for higher firms.

I don't think any of the dev's, Qluto and all them, I don't think their complaints are about piracy, opening to system to homebrew would open the system up to piracy itself.

Software or Hardware, piracy would happen anyway. I think this is more about the prestige of who got the bigger hack.

The way I view it, everyone wins. Hopefully this recent development doesn't dissuade Reswitched or other software based groups from continuing their work, I fully believe both hardware and software attackers can live in tandem.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Be very wary of this.
This is not the original Team Xecuter this is another Max Louarn scam like the ps4 game swap chip.
The original Team X ceased to exist several years ago and the website was sold to Max.
This device will not be support nor up-gradable and work after a new firmware release from the big N
Ok... TX released the tools and the mods, programs and updates were done by the community a lot of the time. Providing the product gets released(and judging by the Twitter posts we are seeing it's legit) the community can make updates.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Be very wary of this.
This makes the most sense. Hm. Time will tell.

Reactions: SLiV3R
D

Deleted-368796

Seems pretty suspect that TX announces this a week after the CCC. And the fact that they announced it without anything to really show makes it even more suspect.
Almost as though after seeing the steps Derrek went through to glitch the Switch, they decided they could make a product from it.
So announce it now (after they see how easy is it and how it is done), ride the hype wave, tell everyone to wait for a release, profit????

Now I may be way off, but this is how it looks to me right now.

And if I am wrong, the other direction I think this could go is some sort of hijack module installed to the emmc slot. A secondary nand, or even a redirect at boot to load executable code from an external module.
Installing that would be as easy as popping off the rear cover of the Switch, detach the emmc module, snap in the "mod", reattach the emmc.
Personally that is my hope, but not holding my breath it will be that easy. We shall see...

Reactions: SLiV3R

Burai-ha

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Seems pretty suspect that TX announces this a week after the CCC. And the fact that they announced it without anything to really show makes it even more suspect.
Almost as though after seeing the steps Derrek went through to glitch the Switch, they decided they could make a product from it.
So announce it now (after they see how easy is it and how it is done), ride the hype wave, tell everyone to wait for a release, profit????

No.

https://twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948592739033239552

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
opening this bad boy up already lol

240vrn0YQvWUVLtrHUEJjg.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat