subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
avoid hyperbole
That's about 90% of all posts :o

I'm not altogether surprised though, it's a lot easier to be tribal or sjw. It's always the same people saying the same stuff every time, they ignore the posts that call them out with sound reasoning and focus the attack elsewhere. I've resisted using the ignore function for years on here but it feels like there might be no other solution at this point :/

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same old crap. Some people want to have a serious discussion about SX OS. Some other "people" hear SX and get irrational and spout a bunch of stupid things they already said. Then the serious people retort with a decent argument and the anti-SX "people" repeat their B.S. as if nobody responded ignoring the whole point of the thread trying to de-rail the whole thing. Then a mod steps in, redacts everything they don't agree with and totally backs up the anti SX trolls. Why? Because OBEY that's why. Then the trolls win. Ruining the free flow of information and the core of the board itself. YOu know how it goes. Just like You did in the Gateway threads, Congrats you trolls. You suck!

If you don't like it don't buy it. Don't redact it! Trump news style information in this place. Redacted and edited to hell until it's not even information anymore. It's just propaganda. It helps to have as many points of view as possible, not just yours. Don't you want the truth? I guess not.

At least SX OS works. And it was first.

This post will be deleted in 3......2.........

Last edited by mikefor20,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's going on in this thread?
It's now versus thread?
It's always a versus thread, this one however took a detour into an entirely separate versus thread but most of the back and forth was axed.

However everybody is friends now, so some good came out of it.

ssrpgvita

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres no proof
did you lie bout team exectuer? i dont remember
did you make up story for internet fame? i dont remember
did u try break into tea mexecctuers home said they raped you? i dont remember.
did you have an beer ? i had one 1 beer.

go figure you dont rmember u rmeember u had one 1 beer this has been endorsed by president of usa switc hscene P

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I have had enough of this thread, its time to clear the air, most of what I state below is true, if you have seen the chatlogs that xianaix has posted already, lets end this thread and have it locked, but first my 2 cents worth:

The original post is all wrong anyway, it was stunt by SquarePusher of RetroArch fame to promote their switch release.

Yes, TX contacted M4W, but when we did he was working solely by himself and not aligned with Libretro, and his Retronx needed help and ui.

We offered to bundle his Retronx inside SX OS (and it would be available for FREE, not licensed) and it would appear as RetroSX in our rommenu, and we would handle all the UI code.

After he agreed to do it, and then he was given a better offer by the libretro team to support them instead, and once he got that offer, he turned around and blackmailed us to fork over $6,000 or he would switch sides and release with libretro instead.

A little back and forth occurred after his blackmail price, but even after it was lowered the 'price' there was no guarantee he would honor his side of agreement, so the whole idea and project was dropped.

After that libretro announced their official switch fork, and m4w completed it for them, there was never a 'bribe from us' and never a want for us to infringe on libretro licenses, at the time the offer was made to work together he was on his own and not part of their project.

But even when chatlogs got leaked in the thread showing the truth, the subject was never corrected, and the thread has turned into many different shitstorms, first with libretro developer fighting with mame developer and then once all those posts removed, it went into fight over tx licensing of code and having brick code at one time in its release, and now its turn into a fight over which homebrew developers are playing on both sides of the fence.

The thread is useless, and normally i love free speech, but locking it i think is best, maybe even restoring all the posts, so people don't think the whole discussion has been censored, there is alot of valid topics in there, but each should be in their own thread with matching subject itself.

Ok, my soap box rant is over. --- Moving forward I love the fact that retronx is out and available for everyone to enjoy, but it was never TX want to lock it down, and I am looking forward to more homebrew and development in the scene.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yes, TX contacted M4W, but when we did he was working solely by himself and not aligned with Libretro, and his Retronx needed help and ui.

We offered to bundle his Retronx inside SX OS (and it would be available for FREE, not licensed) and it would appear as RetroSX in our rommenu, and we would handle all the UI code.

After that libretro announced their official switch fork, and m4w completed it for them, there was never a 'bribe from us' and never a want for us to infringe on libretro licenses, at the time the offer was made to work together he was on his own and not part of their project.
Curious uses of 'we' and 'us' here. MaxConsole and 'Team Xecuter' closer than people realise.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Curious uses of 'we' and 'us' here. MaxConsole and 'Team Xecuter' closer than people realise.

I am very drunk, been out all night drinking and playing poker, so my grammar is not perfect, but my summary above is based on the chatlogs i have seen and emails, and other info, but its not 100% right, there is missing pieces from both sides, xianaix shared good amount, its a shame that m4w didn't follow thru on his side to explain the story, both myself and twinaplex (aka. Squarepusher) are outsiders only seeing the aftermath of the whole drama which has taken place over the last couple of months, i don't even think libretro knew the whole background story before he tweeted the info about TX in his effort of promoting retroarch switch release.

In the end, I am glad everyone can enjoy this release, I am just sad that it had to be done with 'drama' behind it, there was no reason at all for the drama, just release retronx and allow gamers to enjoy it, there was no reason to drag everyone thru the mud, there is alot of behind the scene deals that never go thru in many aspects of gaming, but the end result is that users are enjoying the polished product, I see no purpose for the original mess, it was just there to cause hype and drama, and only told one side of the story.

/soap box rant #2 over! :)

Reactions: DarthDub and nWo

omegasoul6

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If true, this is truly shameful behavior from M4XW.
Doesn't excuse TX's license violations in the past but this thread isn't about those.

Also the consistent use of 'we' and 'us' makes sense as you being part of TX when you notice all the near constant update threads from you on TX content.

Last edited by omegasoul6,
Reactions: aerios169

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Damn people are so toxic, if you don’t want to use SX just don’t use and that is all. Reading the history of Gary I don’t see anything bad, just people complanning for SX so and his code and hate hate and more hate, even if Rei would have done the same as SX, people would be acting like the same.

People never gets happy, for example with luma aurora left gbatemp just for stupid comments, and her work is awesome. I don’t understand why so many hate

Last edited by aerios169,
Reactions: mikefor20

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I have had enough of this thread, its time to clear the air, most of what I state below is true, if you have seen the chatlogs that xianaix has posted already, lets end this thread and have it locked, but first my 2 cents worth:

The original post is all wrong anyway, it was stunt by SquarePusher of RetroArch fame to promote their switch release.

After he agreed to do it, and then he was given a better offer by the libretro team to support them instead, and once he got that offer, he turned around and blackmailed us to fork over $6,000 or he would switch sides and release with libretro instead.

A little back and forth occurred after his blackmail price, but even after it was lowered the 'price' there was no guarantee he would honor his side of agreement, so the whole idea and project was dropped.

But even when chatlogs got leaked in the thread showing the truth, the subject was never corrected, and the thread has turned into many different shitstorms, first with libretro developer fighting with mame developer and then once all those posts removed, it went into fight over tx licensing of code and having brick code at one time in its release, and now its turn into a fight over which homebrew developers are playing on both sides of the fence.

The thread is useless, and normally i love free speech, but locking it i think is best, maybe even restoring all the posts, so people don't think the whole discussion has been censored, there is alot of valid topics in there, but each should be in their own thread with matching subject itself.

Ok, my soap box rant is over. --- Moving forward I love the fact that retronx is out and available for everyone to enjoy, but it was never TX want to lock it down, and I am looking forward to more homebrew and development in the scene.
So youre Team Xecuter confirmed now?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So youre Team Xecuter confirmed now?

Another troll. I bet YOU won't get redacted. Even though your comment was intended to piss someone off and asinine in the first place. Go away.

Why does it matter that they tried to pay a developer? You guys complain they steal code, you complain when they try to buy code. What do you want? TX doesn't want to be like you. So what?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love it when someone else posts something you suspected all along. Its not proof of anything but still feels nice.

bottmint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If true, this is truly shameful behavior from M4XW.
Doesn't excuse TX's license violations in the past but this thread isn't about those.

Also the consistent use of 'we' and 'us' makes sense as you being part of TX when you notice all the near constant update threads from you on TX content.
I wouldn't trust the words out of TX mouths, even if it was the formula for everlasting life. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt