Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Attempted to Bribe RetroNX Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think sweeping important issues under the rug for the sake of harmony is very helpful.
at this point its just kids throwing insults at each other. Its not important. Its worthless info that the only people that care about it are the ones that get butt hurt over it or the ones that SAY they dont care but feel the need to post their opinion about it even though they "DONT CARE"

I think I preferred it when threads just got locked instead of scores of posts getting deleted. "Off topic" doesn't seem like a good enough reason to actually erase from history an important discussion. It should be easy to discern the difference between simple name calling/bickering and a mature debate. I feel like the richness of discourse is being eroded by this new moderation guideline.
I agree, this thread should just be closed. Its not really funny anymore. Its just getting old.

Enjoy your 3x slower in-game load speeds, having to mount/unmount games instead of directly launching them from the home screen, taking up more space on the SD card from padding and system updates, not being able to install DLCs and updates, not being able to use your system memory for storing a game, and spending $25 for piracy. :grog:
Tbh I think you are putting too much effort to put people down. Is it worth it to stress this much over things? The wasted energy on telling people how wrong they are is fun in the beginning, but gets old and stale very fast. I know, I did it all the time and sometimes still do it. It gains you almost nothing, except high blood pressure because ohhhhhh man that guy is using an inferior cfw.

This imo, is just the RxTools and gateway arguments all over again. Your cfw is old and gross! Your cfw is paid for! You paid for that! You wasted YOUR money!

Looks like I'm buying a dongle from TX now.
Good! I need to get another dongle since mine is worn down and is not working correctly after excessive excessive use! This thing works great for booting other cfws as well!

The DLC and updates work fine as far as I know?
They do! They work 100% fine!

You might as well lock this thread. Its just people bickering and complaining that this is happening. I understand that people can be angry at this type of stuff, but why is my question. Why waste energy on caring so much about how "this person is doing something I DONT LIKE, so im gonna devote my entire evening to trashing them." Is that really the stress and anger over it? I used to really like GBATemp. But it eventually got to toxic and the only good thing about this website is the Great mods and the info that ACTUALLY matters. Not this junk.

Mods, keep doing a great job here! I seem to be just as bad as these other members sometimes, but thank you.

Last edited by Lumince,

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to freak them out that it was once there, even though it isn't now and hasn't ever triggered. That seems like an irrational fear.

Do post where TX SX OS mentioned the brick was removed. No one has been able to show where that's written. Last word {i've seen} posted by their spokesman was it's no longer enabled. With all these 'updates', it should've been removed by now. Surely, 1 of their fans/employees on this board can post where they said it's not in there, at all.

Last edited by DollyWhipDoll, , Reason: added > I've seen

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do post where TX SX OS mentioned the brick was removed. No one has been able to show where that's written. Last word {i've seen} posted by their spokesman was it's no longer enabled. With all these 'updates', it should've been removed by now. Surely, 1 of their fans/employees on this board can post where they said it's not in there, at all.
Brick code wasn't removed, function call was just dummied out, switching it from "were killing 300 bucks systems" to "were having death code we can re-enable with any update and its visible in our binaries"... which is better but its only better in the sense that taking your shit on the side of the road is better than taking it on the road.

Reactions: ghjfdtg

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Brick code wasn't removed, function call was just dummied out, switching it from "were killing 300 bucks systems" to "were having death code we can re-enable with any update and its visible in our binaries"... which is better but its only better in the sense that taking your shit on the side of the road is better than taking it on the road.

the malicious bricking of Switches has not been done by TX but by some tW@T that posted a 'cracked' version of SX OS.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
the malicious bricking of Switches has not been done by TX but by some tW@T that posted a 'cracked' version of SX OS.
Try running one of SX OS's 1.0 files (iirc boot.dat?) through Hekate (or well, if you value your system, probably don't). I forgot exactly which one, but if you were to execute one of them, it would lock the eMMC with the password "WANNA PLAY :)" (the password was changed in a later update iirc, before the function call was removed.)

In addition, the other payload you refer to just removed some system-critical files (including the pretty essential PRODINFO) and was made by a troll trying to garner attention.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Enjoy your 3x slower in-game load speeds, having to mount/unmount games instead of directly launching them from the home screen, taking up more space on the SD card from padding and system updates, not being able to install DLCs and updates, not being able to use your system memory for storing a game, and spending $25 for piracy. :grog:
Not an SX user but you can use NSP updates and DLC just fine with XCI games also doesn't take the extra space up whatsoever.

Reactions: JoeBloggs777

Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
This imo, is just the RxTools and gateway arguments all over again. Your cfw is old and gross! Your cfw is paid for! You paid for that! You wasted YOUR money!
I made a second post explaining the reasoning behind why I will continue to pick fun of Team Xecuter's inane antics. If you do not like my opinion, feel free to block me. That's what the function is for.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made a second post explaining the reasoning behind why I will continue to pick fun of Team Xecuter's inane antics. If you do not like my opinion, feel free to block me. That's what the function is for.
Blocking people always seems like a poor way of handling things but OK.

Anyway make it about real happenings which represent real problems (potential or practical) and avoid hyperbole and such like and it is all good.

Reactions: DarthDub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ