Hacking Team-Xecuter Announces SX OS v1.8 with improved Switch Firmware v6.0 compatibility

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Team-Xecuter is back again with an update to their SX OS and now with v1.8, they continue to rock the scene world yet again!

SX18.jpg

By making sure their SX OS is 'future-proof' and with their own 'system stability' based on 'user feedback', in that it now handles all the new curve-balls that Nintendo will be throwing at you in the coming days with the new v6.0 firmware for the Switch, which of course as usual adds Nintendo's brand of 'system stability' (closing exploits), but with TX at the plate, you will always score a homerun, allowing you to fully enjoy the ease of usage in playing your XCI or NSP 'backups' on the very latest of Switch firmwares. :)

Hello again, loyal userbase!

We received some feedback from some expert users who are early adopters of the upcoming 6.0 firmware update. It appears we had overlooked something which made SXOS not boot firmware 6.0 for users with an exFAT formatted microSD card.

Oops. Suffice to say, we wasted no time to track down the root cause of this issue and fixed it up for you, still ahead of the official 6.0 release schedule!

Another thing which has been addressed is the incompatibility of the current "layeredFS" implementation with firmware 6.0. SX OS will now automatically disable "layeredFS" support when running on firmware 6.0, preventing any crashes/hangs.

That's it for now. We're running out of (reasonable) minor version numbers for SX OS 1... which means we are revving up for the big SX OS 2.0 release! At this point we can't spoil yet what the next iteration of SX OS has in store for you, but rest assured it will be exciting.

Again, sorry for this minor bug-fix release.

Enjoy the upcoming 6.0 firmware with SX OS!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
To download the new SX OS, as usual you can find it on their official SX Family portal: --> https://sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have they even heard of the concept of semantic versioning? Bugfix releases should
  • A. not get their own thread on this site IMO (its a tiny release, and is just flat out double dipping in attention)
  • B. get a subrelease, as in 1.7.1, not goddamn 1.8
Oh well, I suppose I'm expecting too much from them.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was one of those people who jumped ship early and got blackscreens with 1.7 yesterday.

Short, but viable information on 1.8 before the Hate commences:

Boots on 6.0.0 updated with ChoiDujourNX, loads NSPs and XCIs fine.

Layeredfs removed!
Webapplets broken! No news, eshop, and the likes.

I understand that the not-booting part may not have been originally exclusively a problem of SX OS 1.7, but a problem of ChoiDujour-updated Switches that don't act the same as officially updated Switches. But if you are superbanned, there's no way to officially update unless you get a cartridge of a 6.0.0 game and update with that. Be that as it may, it works again with 1.8 for people like me, who had blackscreens with 1.7 and 6.0.0 updated with ChoiDujourNX.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Have they even heard of the concept of semantic versioning? Bugfix releases should
  • A. not get their own thread on this site IMO (its a tiny release, and is just flat out double dipping in attention)
  • B. get a subrelease, as in 1.7.1, not goddamn 1.8
Oh well, I suppose I'm expecting too much from them.

Yes, should had been 1.7.1 -- As for the new thread, its because the other one had 20 pages of crap. -- I going to ask mod to lock that one, and redirect everyone to this new thread.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I was one of those people who jumped ship early and got blackscreens with 1.7 yesterday.

Short, but viable information on 1.8 before the Hate commences:

Boots on 6.0.0 updated with ChoiDujourNX, loads NSPs and XCIs fine.

Glad to be of service, your whining help us improve the release, but strange on all our consoles updated also with ChoDujourNX we didn't have that error.

Reactions: moneychild

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Whining? Is that what we call any feedback about your product now?

Sorry, I only mentioned 'whining' in respect to that user himself, as he posted multiple times and in big 'red text font' -- The few people that sent me detailed user feedback posts via PM are very much need to be thanked the most.

Also my 'whining' rudeness is in part of getting drunk earlier after the v1.7 news, and then having to wake up at 3am and drink a gallon of black coffee to post the v1.8 news. :)

Last edited by garyopa, , Reason: bad grammer, still drunk i guess

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to be of service, your whining help us improve the release, but strange on all our consoles updated also with ChoDujourNX we didn't have that error.
I read in the other thread, after skimming through 527 comments of hate, that this is a problem when updating with ChoiDujourNX to 6.0.0 exfat - maybe you didn't choose exfat. Or it's because I use a European console. I don't know, fact is that it didn't work, I whined a lot and now it works.
Be glad that I whined that quickly before more users would have run into that blackscreen without you noticing.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, I only mentioned 'whining' in respect to that user himself, as he posted multiple times and in big 'red text font'
Well, someone had to warn the others to not update before it's fixed, and since there was so much bullshit in that other thread I had to use big 'red text font' so that people actually take notice.
DM'ing you about problems doesn't do that, does it? And you also didn't react to that or give a statement/warning, so someone else had to do it.
Anyway, glad it's fixed and my console runs again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs