Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I was considering sending some cash to the legendary team this thread is all about, but every time I click the donation button on this webpage (http://bootmii.org/donate/), I get the following message:

QUOTE said:
Error Detected

Error Message
Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again.

Is it just me, or is the same thing happening to everyone else?

@TT, if this is a problem for everyone, please get it fixed, you deserve it
biggrin.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
I'm pretty sure they run wiibrew too, and that's been down for me.

Maybe they're having server issues? I don't know.
Looks like it. Wiibrew gives:

CODEError 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 973627242

Varnish cache server

The Paypal donate button is also broken here. Same error as XFlak.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The donation link is broken since ages. I don't think they will accept any donations anymore.

Personally I wouldn't bother with it, this team has obviously abandoned the wii long time ago.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
Personally I wouldn't bother with it, this team has obviously abandoned the wii long time ago.
So because they pretty much achieved everything they set out to do, they don't deserve any reward?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
The donation link is broken since ages. I don't think they will accept any donations anymore.

??, so because an artist/sports player gives up.. he doesn't deserve to get paid for his/her endorsements, or the use of there name.
they do deserve to get donations, with all the apps/ moddes we can do with the wii. most wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them.
now if the team split. this could be the reason they are not taking donations, not fair for one person to get the money,or chickens,cows or what ever you want to donate.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Everyone can decide for themselves if they want to donate, and whom they'd like to donate to. The point is, its TEAM TWIIZERS, and it should be possible to donate to them if someone wants to. This thread wasn't intended to be a discussion about whether you think Team Twiizers deserves a donation or not, it's intent was to give those who do want to donate to them the ability to do so.

This thread has served it's purpose so far... we've confirmed that no one can send them donations (not just me), and DeadlyFoez is going to get in touch with Marcan to see if the problem can be fixed. With any luck, Marcan or someone else from the Team can get it up and running again soon.

fabi280

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is the actual code of their paypal button:
CODE

The PaypalButton Generator gives me such a paypal button code
CODE

The 2 most important (okay the 2nd field is less important) fields are missing...
The PayPal Account is missing:
CODE
The currency is missing:
CODE

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tueidj said:
WiiBricker said:
So because they pretty much achieved everything they set out to do, they don't deserve any reward?

No, but I think at this point other people deserve donations more than team twiizers. Other people, who are still active in the wii scene, developing new apps, improving existant apps, helping people out, etc., especially if you take a look at the apparently abandoned hackmii bugtracker. There are still bugs open including the critical network init bug of the hbc. How long has it been since they did something?

If I had some money to donate, I would rather choose someone with a work-in-progress project just to encourage him/her to continue with it. But that's just how I see it. Xflak is proof that people still bother to donate TT some money after the long period of inactivity.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
tueidj said:
Ok. If that's what you choose to do, don't expect them to update HBC when the next system update appears.
Truth be told, I didn't expect them to update anything just like I didn't expect any coder to develop homebrew since nobody is paid for that and they can do what they want, but again, there will always be other people who are willing to donate and expect a hbc update.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
OMG, it seems a lot of donation pages are having problems:

I went into the about tab in Leathl's showmiiwads and clicked the donate link
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...tton_id=8731272

and it's giving me the following error:
Code:
PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

Common Team Twiizers and Leathl! Get your donation pages up and running again! People want to send you money!!!!

edit: I PM'd Leathl about this. It usually takes him about 6 months to get back to me though (he's not very active anymore these days)... so we'll see how long it takes to get this problem fixed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn