Team Sonic Racing leaked by Walmart (UPDATE: Official Trailer)

5f15f594336548928370675658d01c94_4.62ed8212db8acc154a8c3ed149e15779_thumb.jpg DebcaKwWsAAOnDx_thumb-1.jpg Debcb7uW4AAnv3M.jpg
Debca9gX0AAQwYZ.jpg

If one botched reveal leak wasn't already enough, Walmart appears to have leaked yet another game prior to its official announcement. The first time this happened was with Bethesda's Rage 2, and now, it looks like they've leaked the existence of the upcoming SEGA game Sonic Racing. Game descriptions, screenshots, and even boxart were accidentally available for the game, which had been teased the past few days on the Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter account.

Slated for release on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch, "Team Sonic Racing" is an upcoming racing game starring Sonic characters, as opposed to the Sega & Sonic All Stars Racing series which featured characters from many different SEGA franchise. Wisps make a come back, as 14 different usable items that you can attack and defend your and others' karts with.

12 player online multiplayer is also a feature, along with 4 player split screen local play. You'll be able to customize your kart, and choose from 15 different Sonic characters to play as. Knuckles, Sonic, Tails, and Shadow can be seen in the screenshots. SEGA will likely make an official announcement later today.

Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style – Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!

Key Features

• Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
  • Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
  • Performance & Skin Customization – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
  • Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
  • Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
  • Various Characters and Classes – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.

The game will launch this winter.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Also that boxart design somehow reminds me of Sonic R's boxart, where the characters race on a polygon-like track.
Ah, and wisps again? I guess they replace the item boxes on track. Could be the wispons though.
Speaking of wisps, the track from the screenshots is literally Planet Wisp from Sonic Colors.

Last edited by RedoLane,

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Might get this, even if I can't go online.

The most interesting things here are Team Racing and Classes.

Also for only being Sonic characters. Think I'm OK with that.

The point of team racing somehow reminds me of Crash Tag Team Racing, with the combine thingy.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Didn't they all ready release a shitty driving game like this for Wii but in all honesty I want sonic r 2

Team sonic racing - now the entire family can experience shitty gameplay
And glitches together

Reactions: Maximilious

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Didn't they all ready release a shitty driving game like this for Wii but in all honesty I want sonic r 2

And glitches together
Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing wasn't shitty...

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

And glitches together
Sounds like you should've played it on Xbox 360 (or even PS3, though the 360 version was the best) - excellent game, and the sequel 'Transformed' was again really good!
Looking forward to this one!! Personally I'd have preferred they kept in non-Sonic characters as it sounds unlikely here, but it's not a deal breaker for me - roll on release date! :D

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you should've played it on Xbox 360 (or even PS3, though the 360 version was the best) - excellent game, and the sequel 'Transformed' was again really good!
Looking forward to this one!! Personally I'd have preferred they kept in non-Sonic characters as it sounds unlikely here, but it's not a deal breaker for me - roll on release date! :D
But the Wii version is the only one that has the Sonia fanart on accident.

|<roni&g

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I likes all stars and transformed.
Always wished double dash didn't have 2 characters in a kart though, didn't like switching between them, I hope there is a traditional single racer mode in this.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
double dash looks cool, i played just a bit on emulator last year and it seems to be fun

dont be fooled. mariokart keeps getting better, although wii was a terrible one imo. mk8 is great but theres a camera angle disaster about it because it tries to go in too many loops and upside stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all