If one botched reveal leak wasn't already enough, Walmart appears to have leaked yet another game prior to its official announcement. The first time this happened was with Bethesda's Rage 2, and now, it looks like they've leaked the existence of the upcoming SEGA game Sonic Racing. Game descriptions, screenshots, and even boxart were accidentally available for the game, which had been teased the past few days on the Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter account.
Slated for release on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch, "Team Sonic Racing" is an upcoming racing game starring Sonic characters, as opposed to the Sega & Sonic All Stars Racing series which featured characters from many different SEGA franchise. Wisps make a come back, as 14 different usable items that you can attack and defend your and others' karts with.
12 player online multiplayer is also a feature, along with 4 player split screen local play. You'll be able to customize your kart, and choose from 15 different Sonic characters to play as. Knuckles, Sonic, Tails, and Shadow can be seen in the screenshots. SEGA will likely make an official announcement later today.
Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style – Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Classes – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.
The game will launch this winter.