Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mascot.gif
Team SirVG Says Goodbye
Throwing in the Towel

For several years, team SirVG has released over many GBA & NDS releases to the scene.
Today, with their 252nd release, the team has decided to throw in the towel.

The team quit because of on-going disputes behind the scenes (in the scene; see the below quote).

Goodbye, SirVG, and thanks for all your contributions to the GBA & NDS scene.

Team SirVG Note said:
While it seems very odd to be doing this just 2 releases after our big 250th release celebration, this is something that we've thought about and decided needs to be done.

It's time to say goodbye.

While we're sure a lot of you will be upset at this decision, as you're happy to laugh at these games, or have a few of our releases for your kids/younger siblings, frankly, there are some things happening behind the scenes in the scene that are so negative, that we can't tolerate its behaviour any longer. We won't mention names, as we don't feel it's right or proper, but those people know who they are. And while they may gloat that they've won at removing us from the scene, we don't care, honestly. Nearly 2.5 years ago, we made an open decision to help out by releasing ROMs of nearly a dozen GBA games in a market that was slowly not caring about the console. We wanted to breathe a little more life into the system. And at 108 games, we think we did. A year later, we were open to the possibility of continuing our work with the Nintendo DS. It took a couple months to get stabilized, but we've proven that we're no
slouches at 144 releases (162 if you count the demos). But something in life will always tell you if it's time to move on, and we've received that message.
nfo.png
View SirVG's 'Goodbye NFO'
discuss.png
Discuss

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh. That sucks. I don't know much about them, but it seems they play a big role for GBAtemp's NDS Release list.

I wonder who those people are... But, it says they don't want to point out any names.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Who will dump old and bad games now? Oh right someone else.

Edit: Why would you wonder who 'those people' are when theres a guy on here called SIR VG who posts in most of their release threads.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
Who will dump old and bad games now? Oh right someone else.
Yeah, exactly - the less sweeping up of NDS ROMs, the better!
smile.gif

Their "sweeping up" made less work for other groups having to do so.
The team helped the scene and had done what other teams did not want to do (grabbing the less-popular, shitty games and releasing them) for the NDS scene. For that, you've got to respect them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not had the pleasure of chatting to any SirVG members at length but I do appreciate what they did.

I doth my cap to thee.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They did the games that no-one really cared about dumping because they were not the uber must have games, but someone had to it, and do it they did. For that reason I say thank you and I wish you all well..

grog.gif

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Also i forgot, SirVG is staff on a site which sells roms. So he certainly doesn't deserve a news article on here at all. I don't think anyone here supports selling warez do they? The only reason he dumped all this crap was due to the profits from the site. LGC didn't get an article about it when they left and they actually did GOOD games and didn't sell roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?