Team Ninja to Work on Wii?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by GeekyGuy, Mar 28, 2008.

Mar 28, 2008

Team Ninja to Work on Wii? by GeekyGuy at 6:24 PM (1,409 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    According to an interview by Kotaku with Dragon Sword director Yosuke Hayashi, it's possible we might see not only another DS title by Team Ninja, but also something from them for the Wii.

"...I do feel that Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword has been able to move in that direction. Hopefully this title will lead to some examples of how to create some even more exciting action games. So in that sense I would like to work on something in the future for the DS." - Yosuke Hayashi

Cha-ching!

"Wii is also the same way," he said. "I see a huge amount of potential in the hardware and I am personally very into it and pretty excited about what can be possible on the Wii. I'm hoping I can come up with something for the Wii from our team."

Source: http://kotaku.com/373373/team-ninja-thinki...re-ds-wii-games

2. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    We'll get some lame DOA suntan lotion rubbing game on the Wii probably.

3. Gamesphere

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'd be totally satisfied with a Ninja Gaiden Black port with motion controls for Wii.....

I'd be amazed if we recived a port of Ninja Gaiden Sigma for Wii......

I'd love Itagaki long time if we got Ninja Gaiden 2 running on a weaker engine for Wii....

4. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Well, NG2 is never, and I mean never gonna happen on Wii. Itagaki has made it clear that they'll never compromise the quality of an existing game just to port it over to another system, which is why we didn't see NG1 or NG Black on PS2.

But, if Team Ninja is known for one thing, it's their attention to controls. If they can't do a great game on the Wii, utilizing the Wii controls, they won't do it. But if they do do a Wii game...then we can rest assured it will kick every other Wii game's ass from here to eternity. [​IMG]

5. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    I thought you meant the piracy Ninja team(Wiinja etc.).
    Lame. I was hopeing for a 2nd gen modchip.

6. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

I was just about to say that as well.

7. Pigwooly

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Awesome! I love me some Ninja Gaiden. I'd actually really like a new sidescrolling Ninja Gaiden as Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3 for the NES are two of my favorite games ever. But that's not gonna happen, so I'll just have to be happy with whatever 3D games they make in the future, which up to this point have been top notch.

8. SoulAnger

Member SoulAnger MENUdo's Developer

Philippines
    I remember from a itagaki interview on gametrailers. He said that he was interested on the wii and plans on making a game after Ninja gaiden DS.

Also, tecmo stated before that they were making a wii game. However, they said that they were planning a grapple game.

And remember guys dont forget about rygar. [​IMG]

9. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Well, as far as Tecmo games on Wii goes, so far we just have the two Super Swing Golf games, which I could live without. Don't think those were Team Ninja games, either. And Rygar? Meh...

I look forward to what Team Ninja does on Wii (and more on DS). They are certainly Tecmo's premier team. It seems like they are to Tecmo what Will Wright and Maxis are to EA -- they get to make the games they want with little to no interference from their sugar daddy. To that end, Team Ninja seems to deliver outstanding work on all fronts.

10. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i wouldn't mind ninja gaiden black ported to the Wii either, the Wii's graphical power is similar to the xbox anyway so there shouldn't be a problem porting it, i'm enjoying the ninja gaiden DS game so far though.

11. GeekyGuy
    OP

United States
    Yeah, now there's a real possibility, but the game's already seen two other repackaging / remakes. Wonder if they would or could make it work on the Wii. My guess, they probably wouldn't be interested in doing it if they couldn't make the motion controls work well. Would be cool, though.

12. Neko

Member Neko Been a while.

Germany
    Dead or alive extreme 3.

Boob grapping with motion controls. lol.
    Wouldn't mind a Wii Ninja Gaiden trough. I'm probably going to buy the xbox one soon because the ds one is cool. Also Ninjas = instant win.

13. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] how original....

14. osirisFIVE

Member osirisFIVE GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    If the game on the Wii has controls as innovative as the DS version right now.

FRIKKIN' HELL I WANT IT NOW.

15. Serabii

Member Serabii GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    ZOMG i can imagine throwing shurikens using the IR or attacking opponents in the concept of no more heroes, or using ninjuutsuu by motion sensing or something... that would be AWESOME!!!!

me want~