1. StormSilver

StormSilver GBAtemp Regular

United States
    and passive-aggressive "quotes" like this are exactly where the rift came from initially with Kosmos. if you had a better attitude, you could have repaired that relationship

it IS homebrew. block awoo if you're oh-so-worried about installers for legal backups and homebrew nsps

2. themosteve

themosteve Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Like the other comments no sigpatch = suck
    we need bundle with full friendly easy use package for noob user
    Not just fake bullshit attitude anti piracy thing

3. pimpinpsp

pimpinpsp Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I believe you aren't entitled to anything that allows you to easily pirate. This package has everything you need, if you need to pirate, then you can simply search for the necessary things to allow you to do that. Or, build something yourself. You're getting things for free, including this content and game developers' content. So at least work for it

r5xscn and Slim45 like this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

These guys are nice and generous enough to have done 99% of the hard work for you, for free, and yet you’re unwilling to do the other 1% with a simple google?

Not everyone condones piracy; you don’t have to agree but at the very least you could respect someone else’s choices.

uzimakiuchiha and Slim45 like this.
  5. LiveMChief

LiveMChief Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I think the thing everyone is trying to say but are too uncaring to explain in a polite/proper manner is that this isn't really an "AIO" for all but an "AIO" for all that strictly want to use homebrew.

Can you offer a version WITH sigpatches just so everyone can be satisfied? I understand this wasn't made to please everyone but it would be "easier" in a sense lol

Last edited by LiveMChief, May 28, 2020
  6. pojobrown

pojobrown Member
    Newcomer

United States
    god damn you guys are a bunch of cry baby bitches.

7. SuperHans111

SuperHans111 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    This tbh. The amount of drama and in-fighting I have seen in this community, my god.

8. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    try the hbg discord

9. Godson112

Godson112 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I deal with these people on the regular I use to sell hacked switchs soon as a update came out and ppl updated by mistake omg how fucking lazy and stupid they would become I legit helped them out of my good kindness but ppl can be really lazy and stupid even with a easy install one zip package they’d still run into issues

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

crazy_p likes this.
  10. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Thread re-opened.

11. Risingdawn

Risingdawn Tempallica

United Kingdom
    People seem to be getting zealously defensive whenever sig-patches or tinfoil are mentioned. The point holds though that the majority who need an aio installer are those that also need 'everything working' out the box, it's kind of the point. And whichever side of the moral spectrum you fall on, that includes piracy.

There's no point going all keyboard justice warrior just because people point out a fact. Nobody needs an aio installer who are purely into homebrew, or have the know-how to fix up sigpatches. They will just setup Atmosphere themselves and cut out the middleman bloat.

LightBeam and StormSilver like this.
  12. Slluxx

Slluxx Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Since we are pretty new, we used what kosmos gave us. There is nothing written in stone and we are discussing different booting method aswell as including patches all the time. Please dont just throw hate at us for not using someones preferred method of booting or beeing against piracy.

Its hard for us to find the right balance between staying on the legal side and not getting in bad terms with SciresM, aswell as cover the (sadly) majority of people who also want to pirate. Dont get us wrong - we still dislike Blawar and his practices, aswell as the whole community behind it because its the reason for so much toxicity in this scene.

Anyway, we are still trying to figure out where we want to be and what we want to stand for. Nothing is written in stone and if someone has good arguments for either side, i/we will listen to them no matter the person its coming from (as long as its not just fss0 is bad/hacky cause someone said so and so on).

13. mikifantastik98
    This message by mikifantastik98 has been removed from public view by x65943, May 30, 2020, Reason: Emoji only response.
    May 30, 2020 Show
  14. SaintEX

SaintEX GBAtemp Regular

United Arab Emirates
    Can't we all just like, co-exist?

Thanks for this, I probably won't use it yet since I'm at a level that I do not understand the differences of one from the other, or if I need this more than others. But from someone who has not much technical knowledge of the scene and mostly just waits until something pops up, again, I appreciate it.

I know I shouldn't pry onto topics I barely understand, but surely there's a less "toxic" way of getting our ideas across, yes? I mean yeah a healthy argument is good, but if it's repetitive and never ends, can't we just agree that we disagree, or however that saying goes. I have nearly no contribution to the scene, I know I'm not at level where anyone should listen, but can't we all just be mates?
    I wouldn't want a future where communities like these cease to exist.

15. cherryduck

cherryduck GBAtemp Regular

The updater doesn't work for me, I get "SSL connect error".

16. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Disable incognito if you're using it.

17. paulzheng

paulzheng GBAtemp Regular

China
    deepsea aio package is also not include sigpatch such as KMS's, you can download hekate patch and es patch in HarukoNX's github page.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but kosmos is stop updating. hope team neptune can pick up the torch on road.

18. cherryduck

The Kosmos Updater worked fine with Incognito, as does any other homebrew I've tried with an internet connection. It should be possible to make DeepSea also work with Incognito.

19. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

United States
    The Switch libcurl library used by some homebrew apps now requires the ssl certificate to be intact, which incognito destroys.
    Other homebrew apps will have the same issue as they get updated and use the new lib.

Tokiwa, TonyMax and mikifantastik98 like this.
  20. cherryduck

Ahh didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. I'll go back to 90DNS.

21. BaamAlex

BaamAlex Eduard Pinguingummihals!

Germany
    Stop crying and use sx garbage os. It has signaturepatches built-in. Holy fuck.

mikifantastik98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - continues, presents, Neptune