OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showpost....mp;postcount=81

Wow, probably the first EVER flashcart developer that's even aware of the DSi right now, as other flashcart companies aren't giving a damn about it. To quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marth5454 View Post
Not to criticize or anything TC, but shouldn't you guys be more focused on the card itself than focusing on GBA support? The thing is when the DSi is released soon, there will be no Slot 2. So that makes GBA support on the CycloDS completely useless. Not to mention someone's going to make a GBA emulator anyways because of the extra RAM. So while we still have our DS lites, how about working more on that GUI redesign and anything else for Slot 1? Or if that idea doesn't work, how about the idea of having two firmwares for DSi and DS/DS Lite users?
As other people have said, the DSi is not due outside of Japan until well into next year. Even when it has been released worldwide, there will still be many millions of people who have the older generation units, and we have no plans to ever forget about these people. Furthermore, there is no point speculating on "two firmwares" or anything else relating to the DSi until it has actually been released to the public. At the current point in time, not enough is known.

As other people have said, the DSi is not due outside of Japan until well into next year. Even when it has been released worldwide, there will still be many millions of people who have the older generation units, and we have no plans to ever forget about these people. Furthermore, there is no point speculating on "two firmwares" or anything else relating to the DSi until it has actually been released to the public. At the current point in time, not enough is known.

This is a response to what one guy said

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, other flashcard teams haven't probably responded to this issue because the issue doesn't REALLY EXISTS YET.
I believe that almost every other team is aware of the DSi, but there wasn't the need to answer questions like that.

For example, a lot of people gave the same exact answer to lots of similiar questions here
tongue.gif

Until the DSi is released, talking about "implementing features" or "thinking about DSi" is totally useless... As far as we know, Flashcards could even not work on it
tongue.gif

So... let's wait and see.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There will not be a GBA emulator, not even on the DSi, it may have mmore ram but it doesn't have the processing power to handle GBA emulation.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm pretty sure that they are aware of the DSi.
It's just that they probably don't want to act like idiots trying to guess about something they know nothing about.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
There will not be a GBA emulator, not even on the DSi, it may have mmore ram but it doesn't have the processing power to handle GBA emulation.
exactly what told a few people in another thread saying the DSi would be able to emulate the GBA because of extra ram
grog.gif

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I guess that would make life easier for Team Cyclops or any other flash card developer... With extra ram, no need for slot 2. You just have to wait until it comes out.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure that Nintendos cooked up something extra special for their DSi and that dev teams wont waste too much team cracking it.

I've every confidence that the DSi will be cracked--but I see no reason for us to worry about it. I dont have any intention of importing one just so I can play my DS games on a bigger screen.

Nope, my next handheld will hopefully be a GP2x Wiz--then an ASUS PC for school and personal use. So far I have no real reason to buy a DSi and I dont see any reason in worrying the various Dev teams about the matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn