Kaos

Good show!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In response to the Supercard DS One team releasing Real Time Save, Team Cyclops have decided to release their current developmental version of it in the next few days.

It was posted on the Team Cyclops forums here.

It's not perfect but they will continue to work on it.

This makes me happy!

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Just give them a few more days and they will have stolen Supercards work completely.

Hmmm, cyclo have a habit of 'borrowing' supercard work.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just give them a few more days and they will have stolen Supercards work completely.

Hmmm, cyclo have a habit of 'borrowing' supercard work.

This is interesting, because many of TC's proposed features have come more or less after Supercard. Recently, there was something on the Supercard forums about a CycloDS sold inside a supercard shell. Interesting, since the CycloDS Evo is rarer and more expensive than the SCone.

edit; well I can't shake the feeling that they are somehow connected (perhaps sharing their results)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
bought? i though it was a cloned unofficially. supercard team even posted on their own website that they were fake supercards....

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
/everyone_sing.... "they're knockoff cyclo, knockoff cyclo-ds"

"they bought their (cough) designs and code"
" from a man they met on the street"
"the SC downloadpage sure is sweet"
/altogether "they're knockoff cyclo , knockoff cyclo-ds"

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No I believe the cloned cart you are refering to is the old Slot 2 one (MicroSD), the Slot 1 cart is completely their own work, the specs of the cart and chip are completely different.

fake_c2s.jpg

fake_c5s.jpg

There is nothing on the SC website about cloned TC Slot 1 carts, take a look yourself.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
/everyone_sing.... "they're knockoff cyclo, knockoff cyclo-ds"

"they bought their (cough) designs and code"
              " from a man they met on the street"
              "the SC downloadpage sure is sweet"
/altogether      "they're knockoff cyclo , knockoff cyclo-ds"
There's no honor amongst thieves. Even if they stole all the code, I'll keep using it because of their professional looking firmware.
happy.gif

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er...They've had save states working in developmental builds for several months now. Also the first card with SDHC, download play, in-game stuff...they are not in any way ripping the SupercardDS One code....if anything, it's the other way around.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
No I believe the cloned cart you are refering to is the old Slot 2 one (MicroSD), the Slot 1 cart is completely their own work, the specs of the cart and chip are completely different.

There is nothing on the SC website about cloned TC Slot 1 carts, take a look yourself.

Yeah i know this, i was only refering the the slot 2 carts in the first place.

more specifically i wrote it in reply to this post (forgetting to quote).
Umm, CycloDS miniSD was bought from SuperCard ... RTS on the other hand is using their own engine.
Supercard wouldn't say that cyclops slot two's were fake if they were in a business contract.

Sweater Fish Del

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm, CycloDS miniSD was bought from SuperCard ... RTS on the other hand is using their own engine.

Supercard wouldn't say that cyclops slot two's were fake if they were in a business contract.
They wouldn't? Not even if Team Cyclops had decided to stop buying their products wholesale from Supercard and instead design and market their own slot-1 card which was getting a lot more attention at the time than the Supercard Team's slot-1 card?

I'm not saying I know for sure that Team Cyclops had a deal with Supercard to sell a clone of their slot-2 carts, but it doesn't seem unlikely to me.

If the CycloDS carts were unlicensed clones, why did Supercard not say something sooner? Why did they wait until the CycloDS Evolution (which is not a clone) came out?

...word is bondage...

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In response to the above post, I have a supercard lite clone that I would guess is unlicensed. It frankly sucks and I believe it uses an old SC SD firmware instead of the lite firmware, even though it is sized for the DS lite slot-2.

The CycloDS, counterfeit Supercard SD, and my card called a TWSCL all have different hardware.

I just checked and this card has not been mentioned on the Supercard site as being a clone. I really don't know what the deal is. My gut feeling is that counterfeiting is so common in China that they didn't bother to acknowledge it until they gained some momentum.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Superkey/pascard3 came out the same time and were made in the same factory with just a different sticker.

@RTS on Evo...

How come it's taking so long ?

Having trouble ripping the SC code ?

What has happened to the 'Master' of software and features?...meh

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Superkey/pascard3 came out the same time and were made in the same factory with just a different sticker.

@RTS on Evo...

rofl2.gif
gotta say, i just thought about this too. they sure are taking their time even though they said they would change plans to respond quickly to SC.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

@RTS on Evo...

QFT. And they're still selling the cloned-supercard CycloDS Slot-2. Not a good thing to do
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu