MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Those (for want of a better word and I apologise in advance) cocks at the Team Cyclops forums have banned me for a week after I posted a link to a new DS Slot 1 cart coming out with basically the same spec and half the price. I did it as a nudge to them after waiting for ever to get my CycloDS (which I still have not recieved and am getting fed up at their lame excuses)

A simple closed topic and polite request for me to not post the rival product would have been fair. a ban means I am now cosidering cancelling my CycloDS order and buying something other than vapour-ware, shame as I was hoping the CycloDS support would actually live up to what I keep hearing (it hasn't so far).

IIRC I posted a link and said better speed up as your rivals are getting closer (or something along the lines of that) obviously I hit a nerve.
biggrin.gif

BTW I have been very patient and the R4 I bought was a stop-gap measure while the CDS came.

I have been around flash kits since the Dr GB carts, and have never had so much promised and so little delivered before Team Cyclops. now I am not saying their product is bad (I'd actually have to have received one before making that bold a statement) but their production support is appaling, they keep giving dates to the re-sellers which never happen, and then act surprised when people get fed-up.

ah well, rant over and I feel much better now
wtf.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the product? I'm interested as even though I've got an Evo on the way, I'm scouting for a backup slot-1 card as well, in case anything should go wrong with the Evo I don't want to be stuck with just the GnM again...

So far, I've seen/heard of, i.e. no much info:
Supercard DS One SDHC

M3DS Real (SDHC) (sort of divided on this as the perfect combo sounds nice, but it also sound like they have typical chinese "quality")

R4DS (SDHC) (almost zero info on this one)

[EDIT]
Oh yeah, and the AceKard RPG...
[/EDIT]

...and there was some other card someone posted on the cyclops board last night, a TT something or other... was that your topic?

MadBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DSTT (TopToy) bad name BTW
smile.gif
was what I was refering to, yes it remains to be seen if it is any good, but the idea was to light a rocket under TC's arse and hopefully get them to realise their chance of domination is fading away quickly.

BTW Cutterjohn I would appreciate knowing what the topic replies where
smile.gif
I assume it err ... "kicked off"
biggrin.gif

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, Sinharvest said something along the lines of yeah, but...

and then tossed in how he had kept mentioning another SDHC card, but really at heart was an Evo supported so he wouldn't pursue it. (I believe that he may have been referring to the M3DS Real.)

AFAICR that was the only thing beyond there that I read, and I think that they(probably Sorak or wtf his name is) deleted the topic.

Cyclops need to get their manufacturing in gear and do a better job on quality control as it seems like an awful lot of bad cards are going out, and with what they're making (solid state) they should have pretty close to zero defects.

Lastly, if I had to guess, Sorak was the one who probably banned you for a week. He comes off as a kid(or just very immature) with a poor grasp of the English language to me. I doubt that Shane would've deleted you or banned you for that post, and I really don't think anyone from cyclops keeps that close of watch on the forums, which is too bad as company sponsored forums were one thing that made the premium Evo price seem worthwhile...

MadBob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got banned after one reply! forums are getting soft
smile.gif
I remember when you at least had to slag off the mods for a couple of days before they banned you
wink.gif

I always hope for the best with these flash kits and am "usually" sadly let down by the longevity of the product (SC-SD) (EFA) (EZFA) (FAL - 1 dead after trying to solder new battery
smile.gif
1 still alive) (DrGB) (MrFlash) *sigh* probably because I expect them to support the kit forever.
biggrin.gif

The R4DS btw is performing spot-on and if only it supported SDHC I wouldn't even be looking for another cart.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've seen in the R4DS forum here, there is, apparently, and SDHC R4 on the way.

That said, this is the only place that I've heard of it to date, but yeah, I had been thinking of the old R4DS as my backup plan, but now I'll just sit tight for the SDHC version. It had better NOT be spring loaded as those seem to spell trouble. (Another plus for the Evo, no spring to break...)

As to why I said that his grasp of English was kind of slippery, was because I got a PM from him once and it read only semi-coherently, so I'm guessing that he must spend alot of time composing his public forum posts as they are usually more coherent.

It was in the thread where I told some n00b to jfgi. I just LOVE that page... XD

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Top Toys DS (TTDS)

It's a good card, but doesn't bring ANYthing innovating, and it can't top the R4/CycloDS/M3DS/G6DS Real in it's current state

But like i said it's a good card if you wanna play NDS games and nothing more in it's current state. And like any flashcard it's over prommised with stuff.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided that I'm out of this for the moment, as in I REQUIRE to actually see some QUALITY coming out of some of these cards before I buy another one.

The ONLY way that I WILL pull the trigger early will be if my evo goes tits up soon after arrival... But that will mean that I'll grab whatever I can get from US/Canada with a decent track record and reasonable price. Unfortunately many US/Canada e-tailers seem to think that it's open season on ridiculous markups on flashcarts which will screw them if my evo holds up as I'll be perfectly happy for crappy shipping times from HK or Europe.

So back to DSTT, wtf makes this thing? Some company that has made cards for prior consoles or some bunch of n00bs with no track record? And htf did you find out about this card? I've NOT seen it mentioned ANYWHERE else than a few posts by you?

[EDIT]
Are they a Cyclops cloner?

(Cyclops should have gone with a cyclops for their logo IMO... head at least... the "evolutional" trail is kind of a ripoff...
[/EDIT]

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's to hoping that they bring a really good product with good build and support.

[EDIT]
er, mostly nm, as I see the forum posting had useful info. Made by the neoflash team.
[/EDIT]

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
QUOTE said:
Top Toys DS (TTDS)

DSTT not TTDS read the cart itself. look at the website URL http://www.ndstt.com/ mind you I still think it's a bad name
biggrin.gif

DSTT_card_l.jpg

DSTT or TTDS it's the Same
biggrin.gif

DSTT Site: http://www.ndstt.com/
NeoFlash TTDS: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4711.0.html
Your English DSTT site: http://203.218.79.70:2888/minionlinestore/...TT/ddtt_eng.htm

Same card other label (Like those N-Cards and clones)

And yes, i have a review sample, i know what i'm talking about.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think what you did was a TOS violation for their forum if I remember what I read correctly when I signed up. I kind of became a Team Cyclops fanboy by chance since someone stole my R4 and I needed a new cart, and Evo was the first one to have 100% download play and SDHC. Then I bought the CycloWIZ chip too, and they were the first to have Mario Galaxy working. So even if you think they got lucky with that last one, they seem to be quite innovative. However, it looks like they suck at getting their hardware out, so good luck! I hope you get your cart eventually because its pretty cool.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Those (for want of a better word and I apologise in advance) cocks at the Team Cyclops forums have banned me for a week after I posted a link to a new DS Slot 1 cart coming out with basically the same spec and half the price. I did it as a nudge to them after waiting for ever to get my CycloDS (which I still have not recieved and am getting fed up at their lame excuses)

A simple closed topic and polite request for me to not post the rival product would have been fair. a ban means I am now cosidering cancelling my CycloDS order and buying something other than vapour-ware, shame as I was hoping the CycloDS support would actually live up to what I keep hearing (it hasn't so far).

I have been around flash kits since the Dr GB carts, and have never had so much promised and so little delivered before Team Cyclops. now I am not saying their product is bad (I'd actually have to have received one before making that bold a statement) but their production support is appaling, they keep giving dates to the re-sellers which never happen, and then act surprised when people get fed-up.

ah well, rant over and I feel much better nowÂ
wtf.gif

If your considering canceling your order just because they banned you for posting a link to another product or because their products are in such a high demand, then i think you should get over yourself. I would ban people to if they were posting other products on my forums. The wait is understandable , they have an awesome product that is high in demand, the false dates aren't entirely their fault, shippers plus customs can majorly delay them, Cyclo dont control the dates, they give out an approximation. I have been waiting for a long time, apparently i get my Cyclo tomorrow or the day after. I still feel their support on the forums in direct to their own products is awesome and is better than most popular carts, my mate had a major problem with his and then they told him how to fix and its fine.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They only banned him for a week, apparently.

As to support, well, I'll wait and see how many firmware updates with new features that we get. While I haven't been around for long, I really don't see yet where teamcyclops support is all that much better than any other company's other than in this case that they have a, primarily, english forum. I mean I think that I've seen as many recent posts here by the G6team as I've seen posts by actual teamcyclops people on their OWN boards. This isn't even an official M3 board yet someone from that group still looks here! But as far as I've found yet, these are the best general GBA/DS boards around covering just about everything excepting for highly specialized topics.

And wrt their forums, yeah, those ARE their own forums, and I can see if they want to restrict discussion of other products that WERE tossed out as almost an ad of a competing product. However, I still feel that the situation was poorly handled unless there was some sort of private exchange that we were not privy to. Overall I'd really not be happy if it ended up being like the elderscrolls forums and the bethstapo.

I wouldn't cancel my order, as I haven't really found anything "better" yet, and that DSTT doesn't even appear to be out yet so it is entirely unknown as to whether their claims are accurate or not, or if their product will even be of worthy quality considering the entirely bad things we have heard about M3DS Real's build quality, which is too bad as I HAD been considering it as my backup solution even though it had a spring eject.

[EDIT]
Were the other neoflash cards any good?

Apparently it's actually available as well, although it's price seems to be kind of high, at c. $52.
[/EDIT]

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
[EDIT]
Were the other neoflash cards any good?

Apparently it's actually available as well, although it's price seems to be kind of high, at c. $52.
[/EDIT]

héhé, hard to tell
biggrin.gif

As NeoFlash bought there latest Flashcards to sell under there own name.

NeoFlash MK5 = N-Card Clone with there own custom skin/kernel
NeoFlash TTDS = DSTT clone with there own custom skin/kernel

N-Cards are descent Flashcarts that run almost any game without a problem (not talking about download play)
and have there fair chair of updates.

Updates on the DSTT, well let's see and wait how the listen to customer feedback
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality