Team Cyclops enter the Flash Kit Market!

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
looks like a supercard copy, dont think it will be cheaper though, but well see
biggrin.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More information!
smile.gif

cylods_minisd.jpg

QUOTE said:
CycloDS MiniSD is the perfect partner for your NDS or NDS Lite. In conjunction with a MiniSD card, the CycloDS MiniSD can run games, homebrew applications, emulate ROM's (NES, PC Engine, SMS) and even play MP3's or movies! Unlike with many other recent products, both NDS and GBA games and applications are supported making CycloDS MiniSD most versatile solution available with unparalleled game compatibility.

Games are easily prepared for use on the CycloDS MiniSD via our intuitive PC application.

CycloDS MiniSD Features:

* Play NDS and GBA game ROM's directly from a MiniSD card
* Play homebrew/public domain software (even old NES roms!)
* Watch movie files
* Listen to MP3 music
* View image files
* View eBooks
* Expandable - simply add another SD card when you run out of space
* 32 megabytes of SDRAM and 128 kilobytes SRAM onboard, providing smooth GBA ROM gameplay and support for DSLinux
* Homebrew FAT libraries will recognise CycloDS, resulting in excellent homebrew software compatibility

cylods_microsd.jpg

QUOTE said:
CycloDS MicroSD is the perfect partner for your NDS Lite. In conjunction with a MicroSD card, the CycloDS MicroSD can run games, homebrew applications, emulate ROM's (NES, PC Engine, SMS) and even play MP3's or movies! Unlike with many other recent products, both NDS and GBA games and applications are supported making CycloDS MiniSD most versatile solution available with unparalleled game compatibility.

Games are easily prepared for use on the CycloDS MicroSD via our intuitive PC application.

CycloDS MicroSD Features:

* Play NDS and GBA game ROM's directly from a MicroSD card
* High-speed operation thanks to fast MicroSD flash
* Fits snugly into the GBA slot on NDS Lite without sticking out at all
* Play homebrew/public domain software (even old NES roms!)
* Watch movie files
* Listen to MP3 music
* View image files
* View eBooks
* Expandable - simply add another SD card when you run out of space
* 32 megabytes of SDRAM and 128 kilobytes SRAM onboard, providing smooth GBA ROM gameplay and support for DSLinux
* Homebrew FAT libraries will recognise CycloDS, resulting in excellent homebrew software compatibility
* Designed for use only with an NDS Lite

cylods_key.jpg

CycloDS Key is a media launcher for the NDS and NDS Lite. It allows the use of flash carts or other storage devices which connect to the GBA slot. Simply insert the storage solution of choice in the GBA slot together with the CycloDS Key in the DS slot and turn on the console. You can now launch media from the target storage device...

CycloDS Key Features:

* NoPass function compatible with every flash cart
* Simple to use, just plug and play
* Works in sleep mode
* Ultra-fast boot time
* Same size as original DS cart
* Advanced logic device combined with 128 kilobytes of high speed flash

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like they replaced the description for the Supercard where they replace the name supercard with the cyclops. Nonetheless, if the price is right, then it should get noticed.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I still think DS slot carts have a lot to prove and slot 2 will remain a very viable option (if not the best) for a long time.
However "128 kilobytes SRAM onboard", I hope they do not plan to use it for DS games too as they will have just put themselves right out (2Mbit=256Kbytes and 4Mbit=512 for which there are numerous examples).

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally I still think DS slot carts have a lot to prove and slot 2 will remain a very viable option (if not the best) for a long time.
However "128 kilobytes SRAM onboard", I hope they do not plan to use it for DS games too as they will have just put themselves right out (2Mbit=256Kbytes and 4Mbit=512 for which there are numerous examples).

Doesn't the M3 have 64 kilobytes? I'm not really sure about this, I just know that in DSLinux you can only write to 64 kb of the SRAM.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't the M3 have 64 kilobytes? I'm not really sure about this, I just know that in DSLinux you can only write to 64 kb of the SRAM.
Just because DSLinux doesn't use it, doesn't mean it does not exist. Everything past 64kb requires bankswitching to change 64kb banks (making it much more complicated to handle). M3 should have either 4 or 8 Mbit SRAM (since they were being uncreative and writing DS saves there instead of working out a way to go direct to SD/CF).

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow...better late than never?
unsure.gif

Who know's it could be the best slot 2 cart!
grog.gif

I hope to get an Acekard as soon as the reviews hit. GBATEMP give us a "quick review". 9.99 will do.
lecture.gif

trebus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This sounds like a European supported Supercard. The specs seem to fit the description along with the style and shapes of the carts.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it's definitely a Supercard. Even has the same dodgy spelling and grammar in the patching software. I wonder if they licensed it from romman, or if it's just an unofficial clone..

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Unlike the original Supercard software this one doesn't work with Linux & Wine. Worms_Open_Warfare_USA_NDS-TRM patched with this software worked with a Supercard Lite.

This is most likely just a clone, remember the fake Supercards? Maybe the manufacturer of those chose to sell them under his own brand.

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
so this thing is a bust then?

i love how it says that it plays mp3/movies and stuff, and the pdf tells you abotu moonshell. brilliant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: