Teach junk mailers to stop sending you stuff.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
http://www.officeofstrategicinfluence.com/bulkmailer/

QUOTE said:
You know those obnoxious "refinance your home" or credit card scams offers that you get in the mail? This is called direct marketing, where marketers use a reduced bulk postal rate to send entire forests of paper mail to you.

So this is something you can do in response.

Find a shoebox, or a storage bin, or any cardboard box you have laying around. Fill it up with bricks, big blocks of iron, or maybe cement. Tape the box up with everyday packaging tape. Use a junkmail's postage-paid envelope and tape it neatly to the top cover of the box. NEATLY. And mail it off. Envelope revenge!

A few days later, your package shows up at the junk mailer's location, and they have to pay for every cent of delivery. Once the cost outweighs the benefit, they will stop sending out direct mail marketing material. And that is my goal.

If you were going to do this, what would you send?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think I would send my dead microwave. Seriously, it's standing on my terrace with some other dead electronic devices and I really want to get rid of it
biggrin.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a great idea. I can't abide any kind of junkmail/spam/cold calling. I'd probably send one of the rocks from the local riverbank. Some of those beasts are as big as a football.
evil.gif

going nutz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
http://www.officeofstrategicinfluence.com/bulkmailer/

QUOTE said:
You know those obnoxious "refinance your home" or credit card scams offers that you get in the mail? This is called direct marketing, where marketers use a reduced bulk postal rate to send entire forests of paper mail to you.

So this is something you can do in response.

Find a shoebox, or a storage bin, or any cardboard box you have laying around. Fill it up with bricks, big blocks of iron, or maybe cement. Tape the box up with everyday packaging tape. Use a junkmail's postage-paid envelope and tape it neatly to the top cover of the box. NEATLY. And mail it off. Envelope revenge!

A few days later, your package shows up at the junk mailer's location, and they have to pay for every cent of delivery. Once the cost outweighs the benefit, they will stop sending out direct mail marketing material. And that is my goal.

If you were going to do this, what would you send?

will this really work?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasting bricks, a box, my tape, my time and space on the mailtruck.

whatever happened to the old fashioned quick and easy drop junk mail into trashcan method?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp